Mouse movement

(SIR-NUBBINz) #1

Mouse movement feels strange, There is lag between my mouse movement and the crosshair movement making it impossible to play the game.

Any other game I play/have played feels like the raw movement from my mouse is directly imitated via my crosshair movement.

I believe has has been raised before, This is the reason I do not play the game.

I have mouse smoothing off both in-game and in windows.

I remember reading on these forums something about the problem possibly being related to AMD graphics cards, Can anyone shed any light on this or is there a fix for it?

EDIT: I should add I get a constant 70+ FPS

(SIR-NUBBINz) #2

Bump.

I know this has been discussed before, Maybe people could post which GFX card they have and whether or not they have an issue with how their crosshair movement feels.

(Breo) #3

Try these two settings:

OneFrameThreadLag=False
UseVsync=False

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/37438-Questions-about-aim-tracking
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35912-Anyone-else-feel-like-mouse-movement-is-odd

(Kl3ppy) #4

I have the same feeling. I did what Breo suggests, but the feeling is still there.

(SIR-NUBBINz) #5

I also changed those settings a long time ago and it made little to no difference.

What GFX card do you have Shifty?

(Kl3ppy) #6

I’m on a XFX Radeon HD 7870 black edition
ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical @ 800 dpi, ingame seense is between 5.5 and 6.

And my FPS are between 70 and 180, depending on the map.
No cfg tweaking, just set ingame everything to low.

Edit: Added Mouse

(Crispy) #7

Can you post which brand and model of mouse you’re using, and the same for your GFX card if you haven’t already posted that (feel free to edit previous posts).

(SIR-NUBBINz) #8

Logitech MX518 optical mouse
AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card

(attack) #9

[QUOTE=SIR-NUBBINz;478947]Logitech MX518 optical mouse
AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card[/QUOTE]
the good old mx518 :smiley:

(chippy) #10

The only time I notice the odd mouse behaviour is when I drop FPS in a split second. Normally I’m on 60-120 most of the time, but sudden areas I’ve noticed I barely get 20-30. So dropping that amount of FPS quick makes it notisable for me at least.

MS IE 3.0
MSI GeForce GTX 680 2GB PhysX CUDA

(Crispy) #11

[QUOTE=SIR-NUBBINz;478947]Logitech MX518 optical mouse
AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card[/QUOTE]Can you confirm you have the latest drivers: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/support/4259?osid=14&bit=64

Also, can you post a DxDiag?

(Breo) #12

Unfortunatly I have this aswell :rolleyes: I can’t figure it out what it is but the movements doesn’t feel accurate.
I have 800dpi, sensitivity 2 ingame, frame interval / smoothing / vsync off

(Scarhand) #13

Not an issue for me, even at my low FPS. AMD graphics card and Razer Diamondback 3G (too bad they don’t make this mouse anymore).

(INF3RN0) #14

Are you standing still and moving your mouse from side to side? It is noticeably lagging? If it only feels like it’s happening when your moving and shooting, then it is likely placebo.

I recommend you also try
(1) adjusting DPI
(2) adjusting polling rate

(sunshinefats) #15

was asked via pm to check in with this thread since I commented about the same issue in another.
nvidia 760gtx
ideazon razor (currently, but have tried others as well)
all drivers up to date(stable, whql versions, no betas, etc)
all the settings mentioned in other threads tried to no avail
happens when standing still
adjusting dpi and polling does make a difference in mouse sensitivity, yes, but does not help with this issue for me
anyhoo, just adding my info for posterity :wink:

(Bangtastic) #16

Doesnt the mouse always feel the same for ue3 ? If you play lot of other games its different yes. Its justa matter of get used to it. Same is with frostbite engine BF 3 alwayw felt like there is something, after some time I didnt notice but it remained. And when I play CoD bo2 ot also feels different. I still believe its pretty accurate here.

(PixelTwitch) #17

yes the unreal engine has horrible feeling mouse movement… Even the new UE4 has the same problem…

They built the input controller to work with both sticks and mouse rather then having separate.
I have had it out with epic on their forums but they claim that if the mouse exponent (unreal engine setting) = 1 then there is nothing happening with the mouse in the engine so it should be like raw…

This is obviously not the case because it still feels awful… always has felt awful and unless splash damage find a way around this its going to feel awful here also :frowning:

lol part of me wishes they built this game on the quake 3 engine >.<

also would like to make a point of you “getting used to it” thing…
This is infact not entirely true… due to the fact that many factors seem to have an effect on the mouse movement at any given time its more a case of “living with it” because getting used to it would mean it was actually working smoothly accurately. Unfortunately this is not the case.

(SIR-NUBBINz) #18

I have now upgraded my graphics card and this problem is much less noticeable with higher more stable FPS.

(PixelTwitch) #19

yea its less noticeable compared to with low fps but its still there! please look into it devs >.<

(spookify) #20

Agree something is up! BUMP