EV turrent: Hanging in the air

(Loffy) #1

After DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 20076 (23 May, 2013), I got this wierd bug:

It did not matter where I looked, as long as I looked towards the EV, I always saw that “thing” hanging in the air. (Is it a detached turret/gun shield?) It was following the EV forward.

I do not remember what I did to cause it. Will try and reproduce it, and report here if possible.

(YoshiChief) #2

Ahhh yes. I know what that is. Will look into it :slight_smile:

(iwound) #3

Bit bright eh Loffy. Mine was like that with the new update with everything off. turning down the brightness makes it much clearer.
Great contrast and saves on the retinas.

(Rex) #4

See also: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35221-EV-mg-animation-bug?highlight=animation

(Mustang) #5

This is the new method of getting past the barrier?

Dismantle EV on one side and re-construct it on the other.

(Loffy) #6

Image made brighter i Photoshop before uploading to forum. Just a habit from mapping. (Look in the mapping section of SD’s forum and it is obvious that new, beginner mappers upload screenshots that are way too dark.)

In DB, I just play with default everything. I even play with that “zoom-while-sprint-button-is-pressed” effect on. Just to test everything in depth (for a significant length of time).

DB rocks. Can you imagine when all the goodies are “on” and it hits the pub servers. I will play soo much.

(Ashog) #7

We had this bug tonite on LB again. It happened right after the EV turned left after crossing the bridge. Both in normal moving and in damaged EV state the MG mount was lagging behind EV in the air. After a few minutes in this state, the server crashed (or I was booted, happened around 30 min ago on UK casual).

(Toomic) #8

Is it possible that 2 players mounted the EV at the same time?

(Ashog) #9

I was not there when it happened. I was dead and when I returned to that street, the EV was already moving and had this thing.

(Loffy) #10

I still get it, and I have also had the same experience with regular MGs. (MG nests.) I also noticed that it is more frequent in high-ping situations (when I play on a server with high latency, e.g. a US server (I live in EU)).