LAN / Server Setup advice / request

(fattakin) #1

Hey Ya’ll. The VPL | Clan are having our 10th LAN party this weekend. To celebrate ive came up with a few campaigns to play and was looking some advice from ya’ll. I dont have much real Server experience bar createing a game locally.
I have setup a clean install with only the custom maps we are going to play in etmain.

The last Time i tried using ETPRO to host i got various Punkbuster errors and ended up just playing from normal etmain.

Can you advise:

1. The best way to setup a simple ETPRO server, i basically want it to be setup with
    XP Save,
    ‘shove’ enabled
    PB turned off

as we are playing LAN only.

Do i need a server.cfg and just setup a shortcut on the desktop? (whats the desktop shortcut path?)

2.I need 3 seperate capmaigns. Can someone create them for me? Where do i save them too?

“The Warmup”
Silly_CTF
MML_Church
Supply Depot 2
SteelPlant
North Pole
ET Beach

“The Main Course”
Radar
SupplyDepot 2
FuelDump
Venice
Battery
Caen
Oasis
falcoln 2
Goldrush
Temple Final

“Late Night Hype”
V2 Base
ET Beach
FuelDump
Pitchblack
SupplyDepot 2
Stargate
Carnage Canyon 2
Stalingrad
Raiders
Ressurection

P.S. Anyone from Belfast feel free to drop by the BoltHole - any Diehards welcome.
Mail: vplclan AT hotmail.com if anyone can help with the above reqests.

(mouse) #2

for the campaigns you can use highboys campaign editor: http://wolf.dehn.net/campaign.php

(fattakin) #3

Yeah i have had a look at that but he dosent have all the latest maps. I assume i can edit it in notepad and make sure that i use the .bsp name and not the release name of the maps. But what about da server setup?

(pgh) #4

Obviously the fact its a lan and you know no ones cheating just disable Punkbuster. Should also run things a tad smoother… :]

Make sure one box is a dedicated (fastest machine really) server which only hosts.

Could probs do the stuff for ya tonight if I get a chance… catch me on irc Quakenet/#stoner some point after 5… :]

(fattakin) #5

Either going to Host / Play off my PC ( which as been OK for 8 Players 1.7/512ddr/g4ti) or build a wee 500mhz dedicated server with some leftover parts.
Dedicated PC on p500 be ok for 10 players?

Working Flat out pgh for the next few days in me old 2nd job but i just got a PM from a forumite so hopefully he can sort us.

(pgh) #6

Depends on the systems memory…

DG is a good peep for server stuff… guru as some would say. :slight_smile: