Q3Map 2.5.14 - I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday, yeah.
Donate here and get your karma fix for the year. :)
Dirtmapping (ambient occlusion) rocks, as does solid lightmap fixes, upped BSP shader/surface limits, and sweet alphaMod volume feature requested by rgoer to arbitrarily set any vertex alpha value. Also new is the skylight subdivision code, producing more uniform sky lighting with fewer lights and speedier compiles.
Download: Win32 - Linux x86
Download new q3map_alphaMod volume common shaders: http://shaderlab.com/q3map2/samples/...alphascale.zip
- New: -dirty mode courtesy of RaP7oR (dirtmapping/ambient occlusion)
- New: q3map_skyLight code using more uniform angular distribution about
the sky hemisphere
- New: q3map_alphaMod set N.N
- New: q3map_alphaMod scale N.N
- New: q3map_alphaMod volume - applies all other q3map_alphaMod directives
to each vertex inside a brush textured with this shader, allowing large
faded scrolling fire shaders, waterfalls, marquees, explicit dotProduct
terrain blending control, etc.
- Fixed a bug in alphaMod code where the type of the first alphaMod was
being used for all subsequent alphaMods
- Lowered vertex-lit surface limits to 999 verts, 1000 was breaking Quake 3
- Tightened up solid lightmap tolerances
- Fixed bug in solid lightmap code where lightmap SD coords were being
q3map_alphaMod volume screenshot, demonstrating 3 brushes setting the vertex alpha inside them: