Engine Quirks, Bugs and Other Useful Features

(RR2DO2) #1

These are oddities and bugs you might run into when working on ET mods.

Quirks

• If PERS_HWEAPON_USE is set (ps.persistant[12]), usercmd_t.forwardmove, rightmove and upmove will be set to 0 when usercommmands are generated.
  • When usercmd_t.buttons & BUTTON_ACTIVATE and the client is strafing at the same time, usercmd_t.wbuttons will either be OR-ed with WBUTTON_LEANRIGHT or WBUTTON_LEANLEFT depending on the strafe direction.

Bugs

• When trying to render a model in the UI using trap_R_AddRefEntityToScene and then trap_R_RenderScene, the engine will crash when there isn’t a map loaded.

Useful Features

• gameinfo.dat (open it in a text editor) allows you to disable profiles and determine which gametypes are Single Player or Coop.

(bani) #2

Bugs
The engine does not truncate oversize servercommands. trap_SendServerCommand() to a client of over 1022 bytes will crash the client.

Useful Features
Callbacks let you do some very cool things. I can document this if nobody else wants to. :smiley:

(Hitman) #3

nice post rr2…wonder how u found those :slight_smile: hehe

(Domipheus) #4

/me mumbles at the ui model rendering, and wonders why he spent 3 days trying to fix something he ‘was doing wrong’ :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jaquboss) #5

BUG : exiting limbo menu stops all sounds (not caused by “stop_streamingsound” , that´s for radio…)

(Chruker) #6

Please do.

(tjw) #7

When a dual objective map goes into overtime (when the timelimit is hit but an objective prevents the map from ending), the game engine re-initializes the paramter it sends to the GAME_RUN_FRAME server cmd.

This causes some havoc since it becomes impossible to tell if you are indeed in overtime
since according to level.time, you just started the map. Specifically, landmines cannot be defused and if it’s a limited lives server, new clients get lots of lives.

Here is a workaround:

http://linespeed.net/projects/etpub/changeset/29

It won’t apply cleanly to stock et, but it’s pretty short so you should be able to apply it manually.

(bani) #8

PERS_HWEAPON_USE and trap_R_AddRefEntityToScene/trap_R_RenderScene are fixed in 2.60

(KillerWhale) #9

trap_R_DrawRotatedPic can’t stretch/skew the image according to it’s width/height parameters but can only resize using the mean of the two values.
So you can’t make a oval compass…

(bani) #10

you might be able to pull this off with creative use of rendertotexture.

(Huoliuhi) #11

Thanks! Bump!

(squaze) #12

i got question:my pc is good for ET perfectly…125 fps for sure…but it shows ONLY 20:O…why?whats wrong?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

(IndyJones) #13

are you sure you have directx installed?

(kamikazee) #14

Please ask your question in a new thread, this is not the right thread to do so.

(feimotion336) #15

what is the fastest way to make 1mil in runescape…http://www.coolrunescape.com/i am currently making 5k bow string which will get me about 500k but i don’t know what to do after that.if u would like to look at my skills look at the highscores! plz help me…!!!RunescapeRunescape goldWell… around 3-4 years ago when i heard about runescape from a friend i decided to go check it out, i created ‘Chavforlife’ lol, you may laugh but it’s true, i have no idea what made me think of that name, but yeah… runescape powerlevelingBut anyway, since then i’ve only used this account but now it’s got to the stage i actually really regret making this name in the first place, everyday my name get’s commented by random player’s, some “nice” comments suprisingly and some just pure hate which i understand ;p. But like with this name i’m forever getting judged, flamed when they have never actually spoken to me but meh.runescape cheatsWhat about you guy’s, any of you regret making your runescape account name?http://www.maplemsmesos.com other game gold selling http://www.coolrunescape.com/vgolds

(strong##) #16

www.zh1group.com is a joint venture company which is mainly provides the puma shoes and Nike shoes for customer with highly quality to satisfy their needs. The most popular product is Nike shox shoes. Another ideal product supply for customer is Nike air max shoes。Due to the financial crunch, our web will decrease the price of all products which in order to satisfy customer needs. The well known brand includes Puma and Nike can bring you a big surprise. Moreover, our web will provide the latest version of Puma Ferrari shoes which is good value for money. Come on, don’t waste your time and click on the ideal shopping website, getting the biggest surprise. We promise you must happy and enjoy all the product and service that we provide for you. Our website is www.zh1group.com.

(litianlink617) #17

[font=Tahoma][size=4]CHI flat iron ,[size=4]CHI hair straightener , Chepa CHI flat iron, CHI ceramic flat iron , [/size][size=18pt]P90X[/size] save up to 74%,Fast and Free shipping at www.neu92.com [/size][/font]

(zstarsales04) #18

Hello, everybody, I am new here. Here is something might be helpful for you.www.zstar.hk www.edgei-ds.cn (many movies to download)www.tigersupermall.com

(dutchmeat) #19

Found a typo in the engine RTCW and W:ET engine source at \win32\qgl.c (in function ‘QGL_Init’) :

if ( dllname[0] != '!' && strstr( "dllname", ".dll" ) == NULL ) {

should be

if ( dllname[0] != '!' && strstr( dllname, ".dll" ) == NULL ) {

(kamikazee) #20

Ok, there’s a schroedinbug in there, but what did it have for effect?