ET / Nvidia Card freeze - best driver?

(fattakin) #1

Ive just installed a Gforce 3Ti200 128MB DDR instead of a G4MX440 and have started experiencing the dreaded ET freeze a few minutes into any game. Ive tried older drivers mentioned on earlier posts but cant seem to get one to work. Anyone use this card or know the exact version thats good?? I tried different ones between 44-46 to no avail. the lateste ones arent working either.

RTCW/ Wild West is working OK!

AMD1.9/512DDR/80GB 7200/Gigabye Mobo/Extra Fan next to the new card etc

(BondyBoy007) #2

Not sure if they’re the best but for my Ti4600 card I use the 43.51 version, not at home at the mo but its def the 43.xx that I use.

How did u get rid of the old drivers, most of the time there are residual elements of a driver left over? Perhaps you could try something like Driver Cleaner to remove all trace of previous driver installations

(DarkangelUK) #3

I use 41.09 dets, they seem to give me best performance and highest 3DMark01 for my Ti4600. Don’t use anything above the 4x.xx range, they’re geared towards the FX series.

(DG) #4

For a GF3 I suggest 30.82 or 41.09. If you really want to use 5x.xx series (or ppl with GF-FX cards reading) then try 56.55 or 56.56 which are beta drivers that can be found on www.guru3d.com (they have a performance bug for UT2004 demo though, so don tbother if you play that). For my GF3 nothing was better than the 30.82/41.09 though, generally the 30-series are coded primarily for GF3’s, 40-series for GF4’s, 50’s for GF-FX (GF5) etc etc.

Might be worth removing old drivers with Driver Cleaner, and if you want to overclock that card (I got huge overclocks with my MSI-made GF3ti200, ~227/515 when modded for better cooling but without overvolting) try Rivatuner, or maybe Coolbits.

(^POTATO) #5

I use the same as Darkangel, and they work fine. The only problem ive had is when pressing +stats and +topshots at the same time, there is a chance that ET will freeze.

(pgh) #6

ET bug. Cant draw the 2 at once and fails… :]

Mind and update Dx if the new card can support it… :>

(fattakin) #7

Thanks guys,
1 I havent tried the 41xx drivers so will do so

1. I simply installed the different drivers and rebooted so havent removed any residue, will try driver cleanup tonite then reinstall.
  2. have downloaded Riva and will try overclocking it a little tonight if it stops freezing, thanks!

Incidently, 3DMark gave the G4 5300 rating while the G3 got 6300 hence why i changed :moo: