Old Man Looking for Servers

(Ca9ine) #1

Hello good folks!

Nostalgia got a hold of me recently, and I’m wondering if there still are active ET:QW servers in the EU or East Coast NA.

If so, which are vanilla or vanilla promod.

I’ve been scanning the forums a bit and I can tell passions are still high in the remaining community here :wink:

(REA987) #2

ETQW vanilla scene recently temporarily migrated into TAW|EU - Vanilla private server due to ongoing hack issues. Please contact with Pliscin-7 or ressected for password.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/95.211.194.175:27735/

On Sunday and Tuesday nights, TAW EU and TAW NA play Tourney mod on their public servers that has similar balancing with Promod.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/95.211.194.175:27734/
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/69.242.116.89:27734/

https://taw.net/events/?u=54&m=0&r=1

(_Megabyte) #3

TAW servers NEVER have lag, TGT quite normal, some other servers have some strange lag.

(edxot) #4

Why the password then ?

(Randolf) #5

[QUOTE=Ca9ine;573539]Hello good folks!

Nostalgia got a hold of me recently, and I’m wondering if there still are active ET:QW servers in the EU or East Coast NA.

If so, which are vanilla or vanilla promod.

I’ve been scanning the forums a bit and I can tell passions are still high in the remaining community here :wink:[/QUOTE]

On NA you have BBA server which is alive and active just avoid getting top kills and playing too well otherwise you may get banned

having password seems to work and we never have problems like on server without one, I leave the conclusion to you

(_Megabyte) #6

password is not needed, they violate cabala this and other side rule.

(Nerwitz) #7

A password the only case of option until things get clear on whoever *****s with a classic game. Hackers (claiming like one) have newer titles to strip apart, do that elsewhere.

(edxot) #8

Things will get clear ? I would be very surprised.

Anyway, if anyone still doesn’t know who was/is causing the mass disconnects, just watch this video:

Skip to 1:38:45 (unless you are masochistic) and watch Pliscin’s reaction when he reads the post where I directly accuse him.
There are 2 unread posts there, but he gets so upset that even forgets to read the second one (or preferred to disconnect the stream before doing so).

(Randolf) #9

[QUOTE=edxot;573594]Things will get clear ? I would be very surprised.

Anyway, if anyone still doesn’t know who was/is causing the mass disconnects, just watch this video:

Skip to 1:38:45 (unless you are masochistic) and watch Pliscin’s reaction when he reads the post where I directly accuse him.
There are 2 unread posts there, but he gets so upset that even forgets to read the second one (or preferred to disconnect the stream before doing so).[/QUOTE]

There is an option to give youtobe link with timestamp, here i will do it for you https://youtu.be/kiATwKBQaPw?t=1h38m45s

Also i am not sure if I follow but what does is this part proving? I don’t want to show private messages on stream and i do screen capture with only 1 screen on my desk

(edxot) #10

[QUOTE=Randolf;573702]There is an option to give youtobe link with timestamp, here i will do it for you https://youtu.be/kiATwKBQaPw?t=1h38m45s

Also i am not sure if I follow but what does is this part proving? I don’t want to show private messages on stream and i do screen capture with only 1 screen on my desk[/QUOTE]

my mistake
1:37:45

(danuber) #11

i want my 2 minutes bak. i was expecting smthing moaarrr like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0&t=11s

but surely pliscin will appreciate ed giving him moarrr views on yt. xD

(Randolf) #12

[QUOTE=edxot;573705]my mistake
1:37:45[/QUOTE]

ed pls
also i still don’t know what’s the idea here

(edxot) #13

Then read my previous post.
Pliscin-7 is the guy who causes the instant mass disconnect of everyone in server (spite some guys saying it’s QED).

(DrJ3kyll) #14

We need to stop feeding this troll.

(Nerwitz) #15

Hhmm… can’t this one account be banned by admins so normal players can even play, is it that hard teach him a lesson? I fell a victim of him on TAW already and can’t even get a reasonable explanation why I was banned for having a good game yesterday. Worst thing to happen to every player around, after we need to suffer for some arrogant a**, what a straight horse crap really. There are only few servers left around and you can’t ban him on every and one of them, that’s a joke.

(edxot) #16

Victim of whom ? What happened ?

(CaliberWorkz) #17

I just don’t understand you. are you calling to ban edxot? are you calling to ban an admin? were you banned? who is “him”? is he edxot? are you edxot? why are your posts so ****ing hard to understand? why reading your posts feels like solving riddles? start speaking clear or stop posting, because you’re giving us all a major headache.

(Nerwitz) #18

Is it that hard to understand what I meant saying. I dunno what is it too complex for you to figure, maybe we’re speaking a different language here. I was too pissed at the moment.

In short, to brief you on what I wanted to say, is, yesterday I got banned about 15 minutes after I played on TAW EU, without any warning if I do something bad or I am not helping teams.

Here’s what just happened. Valley map was going, we were at the point of destroying the Strogg shield, and in a sudden, out of the blue, I received a private message by a TAW admin (I feel he knows who I mean) that gave me an invite for friendship in the game himself, asking me “are you nerwitz?” about 10 times in a row, cause I play with the nickname I have registered my game account with, say BrickBandit, and a little while after, boom, got banned and blocked in the game as well (that warning symbol next to person’s name in Friends Tab, I think means blocked). Not even a response, after honestly telling him I am not any one else. Man just went offline, without feeling he owns me an explanation. It’s not okay.

I then requested a justification on that here on the forums, showing the given admin (dunno if won’t get somehow offended if giving out his nickname, but as far as I know he made the Tourny mod) a solid proof while having the game in windowed mode and my forum account here opened while messaging him, so he can see I have logged both in the game and the forums. Yet again it feels like I don’t deserve any explanation why I was so blatantly banned, for nothing I have done but playing and even helping. I had that guy Badger (I think Badger was his nickname), we both were playing in a team. Yeah before I got banned, Badger asked me to destroy the Strogg anti-personnel turret with a rocket launcher, I switched classes, trying to disable it while he works on to destroy the shield. At that point I was banned, just after I shot some rockets.

I am saying here, edxot must be disabled any activity in every server online, as soon as possible, so we, the folks that still have interest in playing the game, may keep playing it and have fun together. It seems he harms not only the game, but the returning players. It’s not okay to be harassed like this, being accused of another person and banned because someone else. Nope, I am here to enjoy the game and to be banned for no actual reason that is “you are not nerwitz but someone else” is something way too unbelievable to let go.

Least the guy that banned me should feel truly ashamed of his behavior. I stand honest, believe me or not. I won’t allow to be fooled like this.

PS.: In order to not look like I disrespect anyone from the TAW staff, any admin, I don’t want to call any names, keeping it respectable. The guy that had me banned knows very well. I have some respect left for these guys.

(edxot) #19

I wasn’t there, I didn’t ban you, and it’s my fault ? looooool
Ok, another member for my “hate club”, you will be nº456, hope you enjoy your membership.
Btw, I accept donations, ask pliscin or jekyll where to send the money.

(Chronicler) #20

[QUOTE=N3rwitZ;573751]Is it that hard to understand what I meant saying. I dunno what is it too complex for you to figure, maybe we’re speaking a different language here. I was too pissed at the moment.

In short, to brief you on what I wanted to say, is, yesterday I got banned about 15 minutes after I played on TAW EU, without any warning if I do something bad or I am not helping teams.

Here’s what just happened. Valley map was going, we were at the point of destroying the Strogg shield, and in a sudden, out of the blue, I received a private message by a TAW admin (I feel he knows who I mean) that gave me an invite for friendship in the game himself, asking me “are you nerwitz?” about 10 times in a row, cause I play with the nickname I have registered my game account with, say BrickBandit, and a little while after, boom, got banned and blocked in the game as well (that warning symbol next to person’s name in Friends Tab, I think means blocked). Not even a response, after honestly telling him I am not any one else. Man just went offline, without feeling he owns me an explanation. It’s not okay.

I then requested a justification on that here on the forums, showing the given admin (dunno if won’t get somehow offended if giving out his nickname, but as far as I know he made the Tourny mod) a solid proof while having the game in windowed mode and my forum account here opened while messaging him, so he can see I have logged both in the game and the forums. Yet again it feels like I don’t deserve any explanation why I was so blatantly banned, for nothing I have done but playing and even helping. I had that guy Badger (I think Badger was his nickname), we both were playing in a team. Yeah before I got banned, Badger asked me to destroy the Strogg anti-personnel turret with a rocket launcher, I switched classes, trying to disable it while he works on to destroy the shield. At that point I was banned, just after I shot some rockets.

I am saying here, edxot must be disabled any activity in every server online, as soon as possible, so we, the folks that still have interest in playing the game, may keep playing it and have fun together. It seems he harms not only the game, but the returning players. It’s not okay to be harassed like this, being accused of another person and banned because someone else. Nope, I am here to enjoy the game and to be banned for no actual reason that is “you are not nerwitz but someone else” is something way too unbelievable to let go.

Least the guy that banned me should feel truly ashamed of his behavior. I stand honest, believe me or not. I won’t allow to be fooled like this.

PS.: In order to not look like I disrespect anyone from the TAW staff, any admin, I don’t want to call any names, keeping it respectable. The guy that had me banned knows very well. I have some respect left for these guys.[/QUOTE]

Well, as a slightly inactive TAW officer (on my way out right now), you do have the right to know the reason of your ban, and it’s suppose to be given to you before kick/ban. I am thinking they believe you are edxot perhaps, and feel they don’t owe you one.

But you could always contact Flydog or OldWolf.