phantom

(hopelessAllspice) #1

I do not know for you but it seems to me that the sabre of phantom is totally deceived.it makes more damages than automatic guns. I had One Shot. It is necessary to reduce its damages but I would prefer that the damage of handguns is increased. Of ailleur to this is true for all the bladed weapons, they should just serve to finish one players and not has to kill him

sorry for the level of my English

(Lumi) #2

Phantom’s katana is really good combined with the chopper augment (there are only 2 out of 9 loadouts providing that combo). And it can only one shoot people with less than 108HP (if I remember correctly) and that only when using the heavy melee attack. That same heavy melee attack that if you fail leaves you completely open for a counter.

Furthermore, almost every merc can walk backwards faster than the forward speed that Phantom has while performing a melee attack. Leaving you to either catch up to your target or slicing, but not both.

Have you tried playing Phantom already? It’s not as easy as it looks to consistently get melee kills. Most of the time I play him I have to finish people off with my primary gun as one slice is not enough or I completely miss my heavy attack due to various reasons.

I myself don’t feel much trouble fighting other Phantoms as there are not that many very good Phantoms out there.

(Szakalot) #3

i tried phantom kek with double time, enigma, sneaky, without katana.
never going back to katana again, kek is a lot better DPS and double time allows phantom to be conatantly on the moveand a lot better at flanking

(Lumi) #4

[quote=“Szakalot;115217”]i tried phantom kek with double time, enigma, sneaky, without katana.
never going back to katana again, kek is a lot better DPS and double time allows phantom to be conatantly on the moveand a lot better at flanking[/quote]

But why not play any other merc with kek out there? I personally love my katana + kek laodout and can’t play Phantom without the possibility for those backstabbing heavy melee attacks…

(Szakalot) #5

[quote=“Lumi;115239”][quote=“Szakalot;115217”]i tried phantom kek with double time, enigma, sneaky, without katana.
never going back to katana again, kek is a lot better DPS and double time allows phantom to be conatantly on the moveand a lot better at flanking[/quote]

But why not play any other merc with kek out there? I personally love my katana + kek laodout and can’t play Phantom without the possibility for those backstabbing heavy melee attacks…[/quote]

Thats a question that applies to all phantom’s. why use phantom over any other kek?

Imo backstabbing attacks are very ineffective, sometimes you might get one player off guard, but if there is anyone else around, you are dead meat. Its much safer to just mow them down with kek.

(bizarreRectangle) #6

@Lumi No other merc gets a shield and invisibility with kek. No other loadout card has double time either, I’m 95% sure.

I do think backstabs on unsuspecting foes is still pretty good. Especially if they’re in a position that allows you to get away with it. A lot of the time I died from trying to get the backstab though. If it’s risky then it’s better to pick them off with the amazing kek.

(hopelessAllspice) #7

I do not speak difficulty playing a character I say simply that ALL the characters must be “equal” and there it is not the case.
I am going to make a comment on thunder…

(Lumi) #8

Well, Vassili can one shoot people, Sparks can one shoot people, any shotgun wielding merc can one shoot people, any explosives merc can one shoot people. I see plenty of equality there…

(VIXIVIXIV) #9

Phantom is incredibly difficult to play. I never used Phantom before the first fine tuning update, when he was beaten with the nerf bat, but it is possible to tell that before the update, he was much easier to play. While I do feel he should have been nerfed slightly, the first fine tuning update was far too harsh. To me, Phantom is on the slow side (in terms of movement speed), and the katana is a little unreliable when landing hits, due to its surprisingly short range and strange hit pattern.

(awesomePenguin) #10

I was really annoyed at when Phantom was initially introduced. Then I bought the Stabbity Stab McStab DLC and been only playing him. Like others have said, he doesn’t contribute objective-wise and in terms of player killing, he isn’t remarkable in that sense either. Why play him when you can play Fletcher or Proxy and be good in close combat (and also move faster) with a shotgun?

And you can contribute with objectives that way. He is honestly awful.

(Amerika) #11

If you want to melee only you won’t be doing amazing as Phantom in pubs. If you want to use his whole kit you’ll contribute quite nicely. Trying to play a merc that wasn’t meant to be melee only as a melee only merc is going to severely color your opinion of how good he is in pubs.

He’s pretty awful in competition though against solid players for a number of reasons but the main one is his lack of utility.

(Reddeadcap) #12

He isn’t all just stabbing, best to do that on unsuspecting enemies while you wait for them to come near a commonly used path, especially if they’re lower health pool characters, stick to the smg and close a gap while damaging, use the cloak to fire at unsuspecting enemies from behind and having an advantages taking them by surprise.

(Amerika) #13

Funny enough I remember you playing Phantom the other day on Terminal and you were in the generator room. I remember seeing you but only because you turned to aim while your armor was up and I saw a shimmer and just started firing haha. That scared the crap out of me tbh. I think you switched off him shortly after that though.