New Video: Phantom Merc Role-Call

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

Phantom’s new and improved Merc Role-Call is here! See how he’s changed and what tools you’ll have at your disposal…

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(TheStrangerous) #2

Now I’m confused…

“Almost invisible”. So is his silhouette noticeable or not? Wasn’t there suppose to be a delay while uncloaking?

(arharr3) #3

What happened to the decloaking delay? Do you want to have his rework turn out the exact same way as his original release?

(TheStrangerous) #4

Oh boy…

Yes, I had too much time on my hands…

(Eox) #5

@TheStrangerous said:
Now I’m confused…

“Almost invisible”. So is his silhouette noticeable or not? Wasn’t there suppose to be a delay while uncloaking?

He is. It’s very hard to see in the video, but in game you should notice some blurry effects. The texture effect has very likely been reworked to be a bit less obvious.

@arharr3 said:
What happened to the decloaking delay? Do you want to have his rework turn out the exact same way as his original release?

It very likely got dumped because Phantom isn’t fully invisible anymore unlike previously announced a few weeks ago.

We just have to wait for the update to truly see how Phantom will be. If anything, the videos can’t show us proper stuff. We need to see what’s going on in game, and we also need to actually try the stuff by ourselves.

(ClemClem7) #6

@Eox said:

@arharr3 said:

It very likely got dumped because Phantom isn’t fully invisible anymore unlike previously announced a few weeks ago.

We just have to wait for the update to truly see how Phantom will be. If anything, the videos can’t show us proper stuff. We need to see what’s going on in game, and we also need to actually try the stuff by ourselves.

I think I would have prefered a delay. A bit like the infiltrator in Planetside 2. You had to decloak manually before shooting or doing something.
Like in this video.
You still were able to surprise people but you didn’t just appear at the moment you shoot/stab the poor guy.

(Eox) #7

@ClemClem7 said:

@Eox said:

@arharr3 said:

I think I would have prefered a delay. A bit like the infiltrator in Planetside 2. You had to decloak manually before shooting or doing something.
Like in this video.
You still were able to surprise people but you didn’t just appear at the moment you shoot/stab the poor guy.

I see where you are getting to. It wouldn’t have hurted if it was a thing. But I have to see how Phantom does in game.

If Phantom is back to an unpleasent state after the rework’s release, a delay between uncloacking and attacking will probably be the first thing I would ask for.

(TheStrangerous) #8

He has to be the messiest Merc when it comes to DB balance, worse than Snipers.

Before DB got fast, they wanted him to be a Jedi. When he was released during open beta, he was OP. When he got nerfed, he got UP. When he got EMP, got nerfered even more. After the long, Duke Nukem Forever style hiatus, he gets this, aaaand… I have no words… I really wanna be wrong about this. Time will tell. :worried:

(Mc1412013) #9

Im just shocked we got a shoe post on sunday

(GatoCommodore) #10

@Mc1412013 said:

yeah i thought he was on holiday somewhere in alaska

(GatoCommodore) #11

9/10 role call tho

that scene where he runs past the spotting grenade is pretty funny

(Teflon Love) #12

@GatoCommodore said:

@Mc1412013 said:

yeah i thought he was on holiday somewhere in alaska

That would explain why he has nothing else to do but hang out in the forums and post videos even on weekends.

(TheStrangerous) #13

I bet there’s gonna be the 3rd Phantom merc call vid in 2020.

Yeah, every 2,5 years he’s gonna be reworked, only to fail miserably :smiley:
The sooner we abandon all hope, the better. It’s over, there’s nothing we can do.

(Eox) #14

@TheStrangerous said:

The sooner we abandon all hope, the better. It’s over, there’s nothing we can do.

Phantom was a flawed concept from the start anyway.

(TheStrangerous) #15

@Eox said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Phantom was a flawed concept from the start anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they killed him, like in them super hero comic books and replaced with someone else.

Dazz3601 is gonna be REALLY disappointed. Now what will he do? Who will he main? The fate of THE BLADE?

OK, stumbled upon a MUCH DETAILED VID from our beloved youtuber.

Ain’t as horrible as I imagined, but still have my doubts…

(Ptiloui) #16

@TheStrangerous said:
I wouldn’t be surprised if they killed him, like in them super hero comic books and replaced with someone else.

Dazz3601 is gonna be REALLY disappointed. Now what will he do? Who will he main? The fate of THE BLADE?

You can kill the man, but not his legend. If he fall, someone will pick up the mask and continue his legacy :wink:

(TheStrangerous) #17

@Ptiloui said:

@TheStrangerous said:

You can kill the man, but not his legend. If he fall, someone will pick up the mask and continue his legacy :wink:

You do have a point…

(Mc1412013) #18

Now the question is will there be a rev like event between hunter and phantom. Just like aimee f’d up proxy eye, hunter arrow damages phantoms emp and now he cant have an emp for tge duratipn of his cloacking

(blufflord) #19

@Mc1412013 said:
Now the question is will there be a rev like event between hunter and phantom. Just like aimee f’d up proxy eye, hunter arrow damages phantoms emp and now he cant have an emp for tge duratipn of his cloacking

and it also means he can only activate the emp during bursts, and not continuous like before?

(henki000) #20

I’m happy that there is no cloaked attack delay.