[MAP] Arta B1 - Released

(-SSF-Sage) #1

Hey,

A new map by SM-Mapping - Sage and Pegazus!

Over a years exclusive testing and four versions later it is time to unleash this great map. We are releasing this as Beta 1 version, but it feels like final. The Download comes with fully featured advanced Omibot waypoints!

Story:

After the attack at Capuzzo Airport, the Axis engineers have moved their engineering project to an underground base in Arta, Greece. With the surrender of the Italian government, the German forces are most likely to withdraw to the north and carry on their super plane project in mainland Germany. This is the last chance for Allies to stop the Axis super plane project. If Allies lose this battle then Luftwaffe will dominate the skies once again.

Objective for attacking team:

Allies:
	1] Cross the Bridge.
	2] Breach the Underground Base Main Door.
	3] Destroy the Plane Prototype.
	4] Destroy the Jet Engine Prototype.
	5] Steal their Project Files! Use the Command Post to transmit it.
	6] Establish a Command Post.
	7] *Secondary* Destroy the Generator to cut power from Dam sidedoor.
	8] *Secondary* Blow a secondary route through an Air Inlet.
	9] *Secondary* Construct an Assault Ramp to weaken Axis Choke point.

Screenshots:

Full Readme:

//===================================================================================================>>>
// Mapname : Arta B1
// BSPname : arta
// Released: February 2018
// Version : First Beta (Fourth Version)
//
// Map made by: -SSF-Sage and Pegazus from SM-Mapping
//
// Contact Sage	  	: ssf.sage at gmail dot com 	 //-SSF-Sage @ splashdamage.com/forums (prefered)
// Contact Pegazus	: Pegazus   @ splashdamage.com/forums
// SM-Mapping site:  *Not active*
//===================================================================================================>>>

Please contact us for any feedback, suggestions, constructive critisism, bug report etc.

=======================================================

Story:

After the attack at Capuzzo Airport, the Axis engineers have moved their engineering project to an underground base in Arta, Greece. With the surrender of the Italian government, the German forces are most likely to withdraw to the north and carry on their super plane project in mainland Germany. This is the last chance for Allies to stop the Axis super plane project. If Allies lose this battle then Luftwaffe will dominate the skies once again.

Objectives:

Allies:
		1] Cross the Bridge.
		2] Breach the Underground Base Main Door.
		3] Destroy the Plane Prototype.
		4] Destroy the Jet Engine Prototype.
		5] Steal their Project Files! Use the Command Post to transmit it.
		6] Establish a Command Post.
		7] *Secondary* Destroy the Generator to cut power from Dam sidedoor.
		8] *Secondary* Blow a secondary route through an Air Inlet.
		9] *Secondary* Construct an Assault Ramp to weaken Axis Choke point.

Axis:
		1] Prevent the Allies from crossing the Bridge.
		2] Prevent the Allies from entering the Underground Base.
		3] Protect the Plane Prototype.
		4] Protect the Jet Engine Prototype.
		5] Protect the Project Files. Do not let them Transmit it!
		6] Prevent Allies from establishing a Command Post.
		7] *Secondary* Don't let them destroy Generator to cut power from Dam sidedoor.
		8] *Secondary* Stop them from entering the Base through an Air Inlet.
		9] *Secondary* Don't let them construct an Assault Ramp.

Disclaimer:

We can not be held responsible for anything.

Credits:

One or more textures on this map have been created with images from Textures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default. Please visit www.textures.com for more information.

Avoc
	For a flower and a crate texture

Rayban
	For an alpha tree texture

Map testing:

//////Big thanks to testing
///We owe you guys for all the help, testing and feedback!

Members and players from:

{WeB} Clan
 http://webclan.freeforums.org/

UJE Clan
 http://www.ujeclan.com/

Ets| Community
 http://enemyterritory-stuff.net/

Special thanks to:

GANG$TA     from     {WeB}  Clan

Dogster     from     {WeB}  Clan

Niek        from     [UJE]  Clan

Kate        from     Ets|   Community

Installation:

Put the pk3 file into your Etmain folder.

Uninstallation:

Delete the pk3 file from your Etmain folder.
=====================================================

Changelog:

Second test:

-Axis First Spawn moved closer to River
	-Side route to the hill with an assault ramp
	-CP on the hill
	-Documents inside the base, transmit with CP
	-Remove third prototype dynomiteable
	-Objective info stuff

Third Test:

-Added a generator at dam to limit using the dam side entrance. Destroying generator opens the door.
	-Added door to block Allies from using base entrance near Axis spawn
	-Allies capture spawn 1 spline earlier
	-Warnings when entering base/dam
	-Bug fixes
	-Details

Download map and waypoints

(WuTangH) #2

Those bunker walls are textured so nice…
Great work again, guys!:stroggbanana:

(ronboy) #3

Nice work, Sage. One correction for the readme file though, the URL is outdated for the Web Clan Forums. Here’s the new link: http://wolfeurobrigade.forum2.net/

By the way, do you have plans to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (SP mapping)? There are still many players (and some new players recently) that would love to see more of your great work. :wink:

(Nerwitz) #4

Say wat Ron? Nice work, that’s a ‘candylicious’ map that comes no close to Capuzzo, impressions of mine. Majority of players encounter low frames per second when its played at max player count (32) on noquarter 1.2.9, I had that as well buts its minor thing compared to any other maps.

(KeMoN) #5

How nice. Always great to see you guys releasing maps. I definitely agree with WuTangH, very nice bunker atmosphere.
I’ll give it a test run in the coming days.

(ronboy) #6

What is it? :confused:

(KeMoN) #7

:smiley:

I just gave the map a test-run. The objectives are nice and I’m very fond of how the story evolves.
The river certainly is something new. At least I don’t know of a map that uses a river in such a way. Very cool! The bunker layout and therefore the path to the objectives will be frustrating for new players, but with the signs up it shouldn’t take too many games until the layout is sufficiently understood, I suppose.

One thing I noticed, was that after dynamiting early objectives you are printing the message 3 times. Although, that could also be intention, so everyone actually notices it?

The river is awesome, the objectives have an interesting story and the level-design is wonderful, guys.
My favourite spot is the one below.

(-SSF-Sage) #8

Thank you everyone for the nice words so far! Me and Pegazus are humble and happy to receive!

[QUOTE=ronboy;572723]Nice work, Sage. One correction for the readme file though, the URL is outdated for the Web Clan Forums. Here’s the new link: http://wolfeurobrigade.forum2.net/

By the way, do you have plans to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (SP mapping)? There are still many players (and some new players recently) that would love to see more of your great work. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out, forgot to fix the link. :slight_smile:

About RTCW, never say never but not atm. Meanwhile I have 3 Tobruk maps that can be played in RTCW Coop. It actually works exactly same if you play with defaults. Look for Coop Afrika 6 maps.

I just gave the map a test-run. The objectives are nice and I’m very fond of how the story evolves.
The river certainly is something new. At least I don’t know of a map that uses a river in such a way. Very cool! The bunker layout and therefore the path to the objectives will be frustrating for new players, but with the signs up it shouldn’t take too many games until the layout is sufficiently understood, I suppose.

One thing I noticed, was that after dynamiting early objectives you are printing the message 3 times. Although, that could also be intention, so everyone actually notices it?
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Actually completely forgot about signs. :smiley: You hardly can get lost if you design the layout hihi. About the message. I assume you mean to say when the base is compromised by destroying the Air Inlet it prints the warning. It had to be done, because Axis lost couple rounds because nobody noticed it was destroyed. Ps. that sure is nice picture. :slight_smile:

Yes sadly. It was the first time the map got that many players actually. Also it was one of the first times FPS got mentioned so far. I might guess 32 is max players for the map atm, but this obviously depends on lots of things. Maybe more like 12-26 is more ideal. But I will see how this will work out and try finding some optimisation along the way.

(ronboy) #9

You’re welcome. As long as there’s a possibility that you’ll Return to Castle Wolfenstein mapping for SP mode, then I’m sure that various players who enjoyed your Capuzzo addon will be looking forward to what you might make in the future. :smiley:

By the way, WolfETPlayer converted your addon to be compatible with the RealRTCW Realism Mod, which is a remarkable mod that can be found here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/realrtcw-realism-mod

(Nerwitz) #10

Mean Arta does look like put a lot of soul by the makers, is not the usual lightweight map; a polished one to last forever. Nice doesn’t fit, its more than nicer.

(TomTom7777) #11

Nice Work, love the fine detail (any hidden meaning in the unique 12x12 chess board, and strange 9 of hearts playing card?)
Interiors are the best.

One minor script change to suggest; Move the

global accum 2 set 1 //Stop bridge stuff

line to the M8 tankette’s trigger run_10 scriptblock one line before the first followspline line.
That should prevent a rare ‘race condition’ where dynamite blows the patch while the tankette is still moving over it.
Currently when the dynamite wins the ‘race’ the construction materials reappear inside the back of the just crossed over tankette, and the materials stay in place on the bridge for the rest of the game. The patch can’t be reconstructed so the materials might confuse the human players. A similar situation with a satchel could happen too.

(-SSF-Sage) #12

[QUOTE=TomTom7777;572938]Nice Work, love the fine detail (any hidden meaning in the unique 12x12 chess board, and strange 9 of hearts playing card?)
Interiors are the best.

One minor script change to suggest; Move the

global accum 2 set 1 //Stop bridge stuff

line to the M8 tankette’s trigger run_10 scriptblock one line before the first followspline line.
That should prevent a rare ‘race condition’ where dynamite blows the patch while the tankette is still moving over it.
Currently when the dynamite wins the ‘race’ the construction materials reappear inside the back of the just crossed over tankette, and the materials stay in place on the bridge for the rest of the game. The patch can’t be reconstructed so the materials might confuse the human players. A similar situation with a satchel could happen too.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tom! You are absolutely right about that script, very well spotted!

About the details… one of the nicest things about art and stories is the freedom. Maybe they had some waaay better deck of cards and a chess board that was wiped out of mandkind that very day the Allies attacked Arta? There are millions of stories to tell in a map, which can make designing and playing more enjoyable. We always try to stay away of just slapping some random stuff in the maps, but instead try to bring life and reason into it. :tongue: Sometimes it is very easy sometimes it is the hardest thing.

As an example if you remember the map Western, the Saloon makes much sense to me. There are many chairs and bottles fallen around because there was a fight earlier. When the fight was over some guys were put into jail and that is when the map starts and you try to free your friends. The Saloon detailing itself is trying to tell a story without a single word.

[QUOTE=ronboy;572765]
By the way, WolfETPlayer converted your addon to be compatible with the RealRTCW Realism Mod, which is a remarkable mod that can be found here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/realrtcw-realism-mod[/QUOTE]

Nice! :stuck_out_tongue: