Lulu Hackers

(edxot) #1

Lately I have been having trouble in playing etqw.
I join a server, and some time after, when a couple of specific players (or even just one) joins, nobody can play unless they kick me.
After I get kicked, things go back to normal.
Later if I join, the lag comes back (with everyone getting almost paralyzed), until I get kicked again.

The idea is to get me out of the game, and convince everyone that this is somehow my fault.

Some people are suggesting that I am somehow DDOSing the server.
This is obviously false.
If it was DDOS, everyone would have their ping raising to higher values (and it doesn’t happen).
And it makes no sense either, I wouldn’t need to be connected to the server to DDOS it.
It would make sense to DDOS it, after I get kicked, not before. Why would I do it like this ?

Others suggested that it is related to something in my cfg.
This is also false.
When I get kicked after one of those situations, I can go to others servers and play against other players without any problem.
Tested it several times.
Went to other server and played 1v1 (no problems).
Then went back to the almost full server, and everybody complained about the lag and kicked me.
Went back and forth a few times to make sure, the lag was only happening in the server where most people were.

1 or 2 days before this happened to me, it happened to other player (randoflx).
I cant obviously be sure about what I am going to say next, but it seemed to me, that he was somehow involved.
Because at one time, he left the server, together with more people (me included), to play in other server.
It made no difference because everyone was lagged like in the previous one.
Then, me and a few other left for even another server, and we managed to play without lag for some time.
Later when he joined, the lag came back.
Even before i noticed the lag, he said something like “what is this lag ?”.
It felt like if he knew that the server was not lagged before he joined it.
Anyway, I could be wrong here.

Ok, now back to the topic tittle.

From my point of view this is the same system that has been deployed to a few servers (not all).
I noticed it first in the [li] server (which villa guys called the lulu server, don’t ask me why), then in Villa, after in Jesus, and later in Aardvark.[/li]A system that can improve or degrade the performance of players.
It also interacts with pb to track alias (so changing account is useless).

People can check how it works in this way:
Someone gets demo from a player in one team, and other gets demo from a player in the other team.
Then watch both demos and check the specific situations where the 2 fight each other.
Eventually there will be situations where the system will be exposed.
One player shoots half magazine before getting killed, but the other demo (from the guy who killed him) shows that he just spent a couple of bullets.

So, the system presents a delayed version of what is happening to some players.
This is the normal behavior for this type of game of course, but the extra time is sometimes too much to be attributed to just lag.

Some guy suggested to me that this is what you get when demos are recorded client side.
But when i told him that just by switching team in the middle of a map, you could change from total noob to godlike, he somehow stopped talking to me.
Other thing, when you are getting really aftected by this, it’s also easy to notice because you fail almost every trick jump, and also weapon switch takes a lot longer than usual.

I believe that this system is achieved thanks to the prediction mechanism.
I heard someone else talk about it in Dirty Bomb too, check this thread:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/58460-even-play-advantage

From my point of view, the 2 players abusing this, to lag everyone, have been Pliscin-7 and DrJekyll.
Today just confirmed it. Played a few maps in Jesus server without any problems.
Then Pliscin and Jekyll joined. Half an hour later, Jekyll tried to mute me (with a vote) and it failed.
And it was then that the server started to lag (immediately after).

There is at least another guy taking advantage of this “lulu thing”. His nick is m4rtine.
To make it clear, taking advantage knowingly, because all others sometimes take advantage too, without having any clue.

Final note: this forum section has been kind of empty, but I expect that a few “new accounts” will create a lot of new threads to push this as much down as possible.
And also that a few clowns will make all sorts of useless/pointless remarks to this also.

(CaliberWorkz) #2

Leisuregamer.de got their demo server up again. maybe you should go play there, i assure you that it is 100% hacker free

(edxot) #3

Never heard about that server. Maybe it is new, and in that case, it might well be free from this hack.
However, having seen how servers in multiple countries have been victim of this, I don’t expect it to remain that way for long if people start using it.

For instance, this guy DrJekyll, shown me that he has the ability to track anyone alias accounts.
During these days, I have been creating new accounts and join servers where I had been kicked, staying in spectator (because this way nobody gets lagged apparently, at least automatically they don’t).
And DrJekyll always knew exactly that the fake account was me. Even if I waited for a some time and created an account that was an exact match for another fake like HOLLANDA.

From my point of view, having players in the server, that can track everyone’s alias, while others have to remain in the dark, is already cheating.

So, while players like these can play the game without getting banned for life, nobody can expect fair games.
And you can see it happening. Yesterday, 2 hours after I got kicked and gave up trying to play, every server was empty.
Every server empty precisely at the time where usually most players are playing.

(Randolf) #4

Ed going throught your posts really takes some determination…

Sure last week we run into same problems of lagging and getting kicked on Jesus and Jesus only but you were always around when it happend, also it was small group of ppl so i cannot be even sure if it was me. I didn’t change anything with my config, hardware, software and net settings before last week and since than and somehow i was able to play yesterday as long you didn’t join.

Do virus scan, reinstall drivers for wifi card, restart router, call ISP and take a walk. Maybe it will help

(Pliscin-7) #5

[QUOTE=edxot;572550]Lately I have been having trouble in playing etqw.
I join a server, and some time after, when a couple of specific players (or even just one) joins, nobody can play unless they kick me.
After I get kicked, things go back to normal.
Later if I join, the lag comes back (with everyone getting almost paralyzed), until I get kicked again.

The idea is to get me out of the game, and convince everyone that this is somehow my fault.

Some people are suggesting that I am somehow DDOSing the server.
This is obviously false.
If it was DDOS, everyone would have their ping raising to higher values (and it doesn’t happen).
And it makes no sense either, I wouldn’t need to be connected to the server to DDOS it.
It would make sense to DDOS it, after I get kicked, not before. Why would I do it like this ?

Others suggested that it is related to something in my cfg.
This is also false.
When I get kicked after one of those situations, I can go to others servers and play against other players without any problem.
Tested it several times.
Went to other server and played 1v1 (no problems).
Then went back to the almost full server, and everybody complained about the lag and kicked me.
Went back and forth a few times to make sure, the lag was only happening in the server where most people were.

1 or 2 days before this happened to me, it happened to other player (randoflx).
I cant obviously be sure about what I am going to say next, but it seemed to me, that he was somehow involved.
Because at one time, he left the server, together with more people (me included), to play in other server.
It made no difference because everyone was lagged like in the previous one.
Then, me and a few other left for even another server, and we managed to play without lag for some time.
Later when he joined, the lag came back.
Even before i noticed the lag, he said something like “what is this lag ?”.
It felt like if he knew that the server was not lagged before he joined it.
Anyway, I could be wrong here.

Ok, now back to the topic tittle.

From my point of view this is the same system that has been deployed to a few servers (not all).
I noticed it first in the [li] server (which villa guys called the lulu server, don’t ask me why), then in Villa, after in Jesus, and later in Aardvark.[/li]A system that can improve or degrade the performance of players.
It also interacts with pb to track alias (so changing account is useless).

People can check how it works in this way:
Someone gets demo from a player in one team, and other gets demo from a player in the other team.
Then watch both demos and check the specific situations where the 2 fight each other.
Eventually there will be situations where the system will be exposed.
One player shoots half magazine before getting killed, but the other demo (from the guy who killed him) shows that he just spent a couple of bullets.

So, the system presents a delayed version of what is happening to some players.
This is the normal behavior for this type of game of course, but the extra time is sometimes too much to be attributed to just lag.

Some guy suggested to me that this is what you get when demos are recorded client side.
But when i told him that just by switching team in the middle of a map, you could change from total noob to godlike, he somehow stopped talking to me.
Other thing, when you are getting really aftected by this, it’s also easy to notice because you fail almost every trick jump, and also weapon switch takes a lot longer than usual.

I believe that this system is achieved thanks to the prediction mechanism.
I heard someone else talk about it in Dirty Bomb too, check this thread:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/58460-even-play-advantage

From my point of view, the 2 players abusing this, to lag everyone, have been Pliscin-7 and DrJekyll.
Today just confirmed it. Played a few maps in Jesus server without any problems.
Then Pliscin and Jekyll joined. Half an hour later, Jekyll tried to mute me (with a vote) and it failed.
And it was then that the server started to lag (immediately after).

There is at least another guy taking advantage of this “lulu thing”. His nick is m4rtine.
To make it clear, taking advantage knowingly, because all others sometimes take advantage too, without having any clue.

Final note: this forum section has been kind of empty, but I expect that a few “new accounts” will create a lot of new threads to push this as much down as possible.
And also that a few clowns will make all sorts of useless/pointless remarks to this also.[/QUOTE]

xd the sh1t you are talking is to funny. It happend when i wasnt there as numb already told me. It only happens when you are there. Its obv that its something you do and you only make it when im there to blame me. Sad for you it stoppes when you get kicked so even the most braindead players know its you now.

Also lets not forgett its edxot we are talking about here. You guys can hate me as much as you want but what i enjoy is sh1ting on people. What you are doing is just killing the game which would make no sens from my perspectiv.

You talking sh1t since u started the game. Every day same sh1t out of your ass. You are literally mental and should search for some help.
Not even a diss… get some help. Just think about yourself and what you are doing with your life… really think about it…

but at least you got your 5 min attention now before you get bannend on every account you have which might be the best thing possible to fix your life.

Enjoy them…

(Winnie) #6

I don’t know why I give you an answer edxot, because you never try to listen and 99% of your post are just bulles…t. I always think you are a troll who post on this forum to have one more red stars. I don’t play etqw since a long time now, maybe 2 years, except maybe 2,3 comeback of one hour with the game in normal settings (no cfg, lost it when change computer and don’t have time and don’t care about edit a new one), and do you want to know why I stop to play after one hour come back? Not because I don’t enjoy this game anymore, or because it bored me… It’s because people like you, crying every time, cheaters everywhere, every time, asking vote kick just because they loose or can’t aim something… ETQW is laggy is not new, it’s for everyone the same things… so accept it that and stop crying. I m happy to see Pliscin come back to this game and when I saw his videos, he mades me want to play this game again, I have fun playing against or with players like him, but people like you are too boring and disgust me to play. Too disappointing to have to bear your false accusations and insults in a game with such a small player base and 1 or 2 active servers. I’m not talking about the level of play of this player base, who after 10 years of play still has not understood 70% strategies and mechanisms of the game… and for sure edxot, you’re part of the lot…

Sorry for my English… gengiskkan aka Gen9is. aka Winn1e-l’0ursoN, aka Winnie, aka petrossian, aka m4rtine

PS: I remember old rex posts about you edxot, and for sure all he said was true!

(CaliberWorkz) #7

[QUOTE=edxot;572574]Never heard about that server. Maybe it is new, and in that case, it might well be free from this hack.
However, having seen how servers in multiple countries have been victim of this, I don’t expect it to remain that way for long if people start using it.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. I forgot that bots can’t understand sarcasm. :confused: