Demoted for losing 5v3...

(light_sh4v0r) #1

As the title says. I don’t regularly track my ranking so I don’t know if your rank updates after every game, even if it’s 5v4 or worse, but at least in this one game I played tonight I got demoted for losing a match 5v3, which is very frustrating…
We surrendered because one player on our team had been gone for what must’ve been at least 5 minutes and another 2 left at the start of the 2nd round. The end-match stats showed 3 people on my team, even though there were only 2 of us left at the end. Regardless, I shouldn’t get my ranking punished for surrendering a 5v3 match right?

(KeMoN) #2

No, you shouldn’t. But setting a system in place that prevents your rating from going down in such a situation means, that whenever a game is going poorly for a team, people will simply disconnect, receive the leave penalty, but avoid losing rank.
Maybe someone knows of a game that has a proper system for that scenario, which could be adapted to DB

(Mustang) #3

Why shouldn’t you lose rank for losing?

If it didn’t work that way there’d be even more incentive for people to leave mid-game.

Yes it sucks when people leave, but giving them even more reason to do so only serves to exacerbates the situation.

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Surely you just could punish the leaver’s ranking instead of his entire team?

(KeMoN) #5

Then a team of 5 could always rotate the duty of leaving/throwing the game between the members, overall resulting in only 1/5th of the necessary rank reduction.
Basically, all games with a ranked mode have the same system in place, especially when looking at MOBAs. It’s not ideal for solo-queues, but having all players lose rank is (currently) absolutely necessary to avoid foul-play. That is why there needs to be a report function to report players who sabotage the game by leaving or intentionally feeding.

If you can come up with a different system, you could probably make a lot of money selling it to huge e-sport MOBAs like League of Legends.

(ASD) #6

I also think the leavers shoud get hard penalty… and the “stayers” should get some bonus…