Went to play ET for first time in years, freezes when at profile screen

(BrightIs) #1

Went to play ET for first time in years, fresh install, but it freezes when at profile screen, literally the first screen I see it freezes, can’t move mouse, but music stutters a bit then silent then stutters, then mouse appears in other place, freezes etc. like extreme lag 1 frame per 20s.

Tried running as admin.

Using win 10.

(ronboy) #2

Nice to see another “old schooler” returning (if 2008 counts). :smiley:

Regarding your problem, are your PC’s drivers up to date? Also, try typing this in the game’s console (~ key): /r_primitives 2.

Some other people here may be able to help you better, since I know more about Rtcw issues than Wolf ET issues.

(BrightIs) #3

[QUOTE=ronboy;571870]Nice to see another “old schooler” returning (if 2008 counts). :smiley:

Regarding your problem, are your PC’s drivers up to date? Also, try typing this in the game’s console (~ key): /r_primitives 2.

Some other people here may be able to help you better, since I know more about Rtcw issues than Wolf ET issues.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help but it didn’t work. It’s depressing :o, I even downloaded etlegacy but it didn’t help, turned off all firewalls and defence.

I don’t know if it has anything ot do with resolution because it changed the screen on my tv which is connected to the laptop I installed it on. I have used it on a tv before so can’t see it as the problem.

BTW I started playing in 2005, I don’t know if it makes me oldskool.

(BrightIs) #4

SOLVED

Had to manually update graphics card even though windows said it was up to date.

(ronboy) #5

[QUOTE=BrightIs;571942]SOLVED

Had to manually update graphics card even though windows said it was up to date.[/QUOTE]

That’s the issue that Windows sometimes has. Not all of the information is true, regarding your drivers being up to date. You can’t rely on only that for keeping your drivers up to date, because it only checks the Windows Update service for new drivers.

Basically, you should always check for new drivers or updates via your graphics card’s software, or the manufacturer’s website.

Congratulations on solving your issue. :slight_smile: