New Dev Video: Five Week Preview - Part 1

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

There’s a lot coming in the next five weeks. Watch to find out what…

Most recent Ask the Devs Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlNUCJNjWi8
Lead and Iron Removal News Post: https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/new-default-loadout-cards/
Bonus Ranked Points news Post: https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/extra-ranked-points-week-2/
Community Spotlight - ‘TOP 10 Tricks on Castle’ by Wassy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5ravUDPgU

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(Mc1412013) #2

@stayfreshshoe What about us we need to repurchase all the mercs to get the future mercs for free as well. how bout about a discounted veterans pack for us veterans who spent all the money and time getting all the mercs already.

Also that aimee card is ugly as f@#$. that being said when can i add it to my colection

(rosully) #3

Please tell us how much the elite merc pack is!

(frostyvampire) #4

sees obsidian Aimee
gets excited
sees it’s a PDP
kills herself

(Mc1412013) #5

@frostyvampire said:
sees obsidian Aimee
gets excited
sees it’s a PDP
kills herself

Corect me if im wrong but didnt it sound like we will have posibility of a weapons system to equip different guns
Sounds like merc decks are geting expanded and why the hell they bringing back limited time obsidans

I just thought of this after my last post. So to combat pay to win u introduce another pay element get all the mercs for 39.99. I cant see some one crying p2w on that. Only way is to remove all items involving real money. And evem then some one will still cry p2w

(TheStrangerous) #6

Another reason why NOT to engage in Early Access games.

There goes my money spent on merc bundles, back in early 2016. I got myself to blame, for skipping the only reasonable progression in DB, unlocking new mercs, next to collecting loadout cards.

EA games are like preterm births. And yes, I do forgive my dark humor. And yes, pun intended.

(Mc1412013) #7

@TheStrangerous said:

There goes my money spent on merc bundles, back in early 2016. I got myself to blame, for skipping the only reasonable progression in DB, unlocking new mercs, next to collecting loadout cards.

EA games are like preterm births. And yes, I do forgive my dark humor. And yes, pun intended.

Im not upset about purchasing what i purchased but when they come up with things like 39.99 for all mercs and future mercs are free they should not forget about veteran players. Id be ok with a $10-14 veteran pack that gives me acces to future mercs free but at same time if they come with limited obsidian like turtle ill buy turtle anyway for the mesh change obsidian.

And im only pissed off about obsidians because they were limited time only which means limited time only wtf are they thinking bringing back obsidians that were limited time only. Im suprised they didnt slap founders in the face too by selling those cards again.

(Xenithos) #8

@Mc1412013 said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Im not upset about purchasing what i purchased but when they come up with things like 39.99 for all mercs and future mercs are free they should not forget about veteran players. Id be ok with a $10-14 veteran pack that gives me acces to future mercs free but at same time if they come with limited obsidian like turtle ill buy turtle anyway for the mesh change obsidian.

And im only pissed off about obsidians because they were limited time only which means limited time only wtf are they thinking bringing back obsidians that were limited time only. Im suprised they didnt slap founders in the face too by selling those cards again.

Dude, the last video they said they would be opening up the vault on All old Obsidian operative skins but changing small aesthetics whenever they do a seasonal release so that players can still tell whenever someone honored the exclusive buyout time because it will be different. And them adding this bundle… not completely sure what to think, but it HOPEFULLY means some of those will have slight changes.

(Xenithos) #9

! Guys, I think a majority of you are missing something that Shoe said. The reason they’re only offering one skin/variant of this loadout for Aimee “has more information coming at a later time” (hence PART ONE) about "upcoming changes to THE LOADOUT SYSTEM, which will give you MORE FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE IN YOUR LOADOUTS!!!"
!
! It’s important to note that he said THE LOADOUT SYSTEM. Not just MERC DECK system which is the cosmetic side of things that we have. What I FIRMLY believe is that augments and weapon choices are going to be changeable in the future for Loadouts, since weapon skins are becoming a thing as well. In an upcoming update the SKIN of the card is now the default merc skin, and you can attach a LOADOUT or make your own (This is personal hope/speculation on making one’s own) to become the base mechanically for the card.
!
! This allows players MORE freedom in having the skin they want, with the loadout they want. I’ve been pushing for this for forever and I’m personally super freaking pumped that Splash Damage is doing this. It’s about dang time. This ALSO fixes most of the problems with copies of old skins and cards.
!
! PS, that aimee is hawt…

Guys, if you want to comment about this post that I made, do so here:

(Mc1412013) #10

@Xenithos said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Dude, the last video they said they would be opening up the vault on All old Obsidian operative skins but changing small aesthetics whenever they do a seasonal release so that players can still tell whenever someone honored the exclusive buyout time because it will be different. And them adding this bundle… not completely sure what to think, but it HOPEFULLY means some of those will have slight changes.

Still think it should be drastic changes a noob isnt goint to pick up 1s vs 2nd gen obsidians likenwe would if ita minir changes

(Xenithos) #11

@Mc1412013 said:

@Xenithos said:

@Mc1412013 said:

@TheStrangerous said:

Still think it should be drastic changes a noob isnt goint to pick up 1s vs 2nd gen obsidians likenwe would if ita minir changes

Agreed. Though personally, I think it’s a smart idea and would get them more money, so I support their choices.

(n-x) #12

I wish you the best of luck with the all merc bundle. I really think this is the right direction to monetize DB. I for sure will tell every beginner to buy this, when he asks about which merc to get next.

(frostyvampire) #13

@Xenithos said:

! Guys, I think a majority of you are missing something that Shoe said. The reason they’re only offering one skin/variant of this loadout for Aimee “has more information coming at a later time” (hence PART ONE) about "upcoming changes to THE LOADOUT SYSTEM, which will give you MORE FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE IN YOUR LOADOUTS!!!"
!
! It’s important to note that he said THE LOADOUT SYSTEM. Not just MERC DECK system which is the cosmetic side of things that we have. What I FIRMLY believe is that augments and weapon choices are going to be changeable in the future for Loadouts, since weapon skins are becoming a thing as well. In an upcoming update the SKIN of the card is now the default merc skin, and you can attach a LOADOUT or make your own (This is personal hope/speculation on making one’s own) to become the base mechanically for the card.
!
! This allows players MORE freedom in having the skin they want, with the loadout they want. I’ve been pushing for this for forever and I’m personally super freaking pumped that Splash Damage is doing this. It’s about dang time. This ALSO fixes most of the problems with copies of old skins and cards.
!

I won’t use my entire Steam wallet (yes I only have 15$ on Steam because I’m poor) on it because MAYBE it will be a thing in the future.
Unless they confirm it and I’m 100% sure (not even 99%) I can combine my F82 cobalt Aimee with the obsidian skin to get an obsidian F82 Aimee, I’m not going to risk being stuck with a PDP

(Mc1412013) #14

@frostyvampire said:

@Xenithos said:

!
!
!

I won’t use my entire Steam wallet (yes I only have 15$ on Steam because I’m poor) on it because MAYBE it will be a thing in the future.
Unless they confirm it and I’m 100% sure (not even 99%) I can combine my F82 cobalt Aimee with the obsidian skin to get an obsidian F82 Aimee, I’m not going to risk being stuck with a PDP

$15 is more than i have in any of my steam amd non steam acounts

(l2c) #15

So when Jav and Guardian was released, it was with unique skins. How’s that gonna work if you buy the ALLTHEMERCS pack? I’m not paying double for mercs just for a skin :o

(ThePigVomit) #16

I’ve yet to buy a merc with hard currency, thankfully.

I’ve spent $ on 2 trinkets. I’ll happily spend again provided it gives event currency boost. But no boost =No green.

(Mc1412013) #17

@ThePigVomit said:
I’ve yet to buy a merc with hard currency, thankfully.

I’ve spent $ on 2 trinkets. I’ll happily spend again provided it gives event currency boost. But no boost =No green.

Yeah i didnt buy nuclear winter trinket either

(PorkyPerson) #18

So I will get the upgraded Arty and Fletcher obsidian operative cards, right?

The old ones I don’t really use.

(PorkyPerson) #19

I’m feeling pretty burned on this whole thing. The skin pack for just Stoker, Fletcher, and Arty was ~$30. I convinced myself to buy all three, because the Arty and Fletcher might be worth something on a market someday. Now they’re doing better cards for Arty and Fletcher plus a good Phoenix, an Aimee, and all future mercs for ~$10 more?

Speaking of obsidian operatives, why isn’t there a new Phantom card in there? I guess people who bought Phantom cards just got lucky. Maybe this secret new loadout thing will allow them to play what I thought was a cool skin on a good card. Lucky for them.

I think what it comes down to is if I had known about this in the past I would have waited. Rather, I would have waited. Now it feels like buy early, get bent over. It wouldn’t take too much for them to make it right. Giving people that bought early an option to get credit for what they spent would go a long way.

@l2c said:
So when Jav and Guardian was released, it was with unique skins. How’s that gonna work if you buy the ALLTHEMERCS pack? I’m not paying double for mercs just for a skin :o

Unfortunately, that’s how it’s been in the past. They are trying to price the skins at $12-15, so I don’t know that they would want to sell a skin pack for less than $40.

(Ptiloui) #20

@PorkyPerson said:
I think what it comes down to is if I had known about this in the past I would have waited. Rather, I would have waited. Now it feels like buy early, get bent over. It wouldn’t take too much for them to make it right. Giving people that bought early an option to get credit for what they spent would go a long way.

I think this pack is primarily designed for newcomers or the most recent ones.

But i agree that having credits back depending on how many mercs we already unlocked would be a great addition, so more vets would be willing to buy it (especially me which didn’t buy any obsidian cards).

On the other, i’m too worried about SE card coming in bundle with new merc. Maybe the option to just buy the skin without the merc ?