License key retrieval?

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #1

Damn I am so so pastried up. So this week I bought brand new ETQW DVD from local retailer for 12€. Whoopsie, no license key nowhere to be found inside the box… weeks after I got screwed up the same way by Amazon (no license key there too what the sausage) though that came from a friend who bought it for me.

I went to deal with these local guys and they say, we can’t do anything about it as this is how they get it on stock. Unsealed and stuff.

So tell me guys is there a way to recover any license keys or I’m in with about 40 euro and 2 useless copies of the game?

I wanted to have the game on a DVD and the key not the digital crap, like in the old time.

(REA987) #2

Are you really sure that “brand new” DVD was sealed? It’s been so long since I lost my box; but the key would be one of these locations;

• At the back of the manual
  • Printed on an additional piece of paper (most likely possibility)
  • Pasted inside of box, next to DVD

As the game uses an online authentication system, DVD has no copy protection or CD Key match system. I would say, check the box more carefully.

Besides 12€ is a bit overpriced even for a brand new copy. German branch of Aspyr (Mac porter) sells brand new copies of Mac version for 2,5€ (shipping excl.); as the license codes are cross-platform it’s a good deal for PC players:

http://www.aspyr.de/enemyterritory/kaufen.html

Stores at British Amazon sell used copies for ridiculously cheap prices:

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #3

To my surprise, yup, sealed when I received the shipment. I checked the box carefully, inside and out, and what It comes with is a VIP flyer, a small poster with the keyboard layout used by the game, the DVD itself and no manual of any sort? I wondered it has no manual for an online game. The other copy I have is imported from Germany and bought from Amazon, it has the same content but wasn’t sealed. I think I got robbed for this one lol but I thought my friend had checked that prior to getting it. He did not and I can’t return that no more as I live in different country.

I think I’m cheap for now I’ll try to look for just the key somewhere. Also aren’t used copies useless anymore like the key has been already used no?

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #4

Nevermind REA987 explained me this. Sadly I think this was some kind of refurbished copy - someone took the manual and the paper that had the LC on and made it look like brand new, despite box and the DVD itself and the materials match that look. About the other copy, well it seems it had been used due to few scratches. But whats there to do anymore. I at least have to care less obtaining the core game now, key I hope I can buy once I get my next payment.

Then again, Zenimax could least bring the game back to digital stores and not look like bunch of hyp***te a***s so those who still care about the only worthy of any money tactics & real objectives game can buy and play it whatever the status, instead of buying us into their free Brink mess that should not even get back on Steam haha.

(REA987) #5

There has to be a manual which has a license code at the back page:

No, used copies are completely okay. You just create a new account with the license code, that’s about it.

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #6

Hmm, unprecedented case I can guess by what I have been sold. Matter of fact, I think that someone went over being smart and have used that copy then somehow made it look like unsealed. Thing is the disc quality and the box quality is rock solid, no visible traces of any use. However! No manual like shown in pictures present, that makes me worry I bought half the portion of the game. I never seen someone take any stuff from the box then sell it like complete standard edition with all the required stuff inside. But hey! We have a lot of stores that try trick people into buying ***** then pretend its customers who fool them for money.

For the moment I think I’ll go with Amazon UK and import used copy from one seller that I am going to ask about especially the license key. Worried that my credit card isn’t accepted by Amazon, still to see that.

(Chronicler) #7

[QUOTE=OGGeSTRoGGE;571600]Damn I am so so pastried up. So this week I bought brand new ETQW DVD from local retailer for 12€. Whoopsie, no license key nowhere to be found inside the box… weeks after I got screwed up the same way by Amazon (no license key there too what the sausage) though that came from a friend who bought it for me.

I went to deal with these local guys and they say, we can’t do anything about it as this is how they get it on stock. Unsealed and stuff.

So tell me guys is there a way to recover any license keys or I’m in with about 40 euro and 2 useless copies of the game?

I wanted to have the game on a DVD and the key not the digital crap, like in the old time.[/QUOTE]

So what strange country do you live in where you don’t have a warranty, a right of return or a replacement policy for defect merchandise?

"Last edited by Mustang; 10th Jan 2018 at 12:03. "

:open_mouth:

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #8

Might sound odd… a 3rd world country.

In about the OP, a mod seems did not like the way I expressed (you can’t express properly nowhere nowadays)

(Mustang) #9

Not really, your post got auto-blocked so I just added some humour whilst approving it. :cool:

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #10

Ughshhh! Nevermind, that “what the sausage” line made me chuckle. :armadillo :

(MaxiM) #11

You definitely got hoodwinked or that was a random mistake on the publisher’s side. There definitely should be a map guide, keyboard layout, possibly a flyer from the local published AND a manual on top of that, which has the license key printed on it: https://imgur.com/a/adbd5

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #12

Oh my god, a friend of mine offers me the PS3 game, never used before by him (I think I trust him on that), is this compatible with the PC online accounts if I take out only the key?

All I have left… most to all Amazon sellers I got into talk with dont ship this to my place, what a burden.

(REA987) #13

[QUOTE=OGGeSTRoGGE;571885]Oh my god, a friend of mine offers me the PS3 game, never used before by him (I think I trust him on that), is this compatible with the PC online accounts if I take out only the key?

All I have left… most to all Amazon sellers I got into talk with dont ship this to my place, what a burden.[/QUOTE]

No, it’s not. Besides, the game runs like … on consoles; not to mention there is literally no one plays the game outside of PC/Mac version. The 3 Amazon store that I sent you should ship to your country. If not, here are eBay results that ship to your country (avoid console versions):

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Games/139973/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=15&_clu=2&_fcid=34&_localstpos&_stpos&gbr=1&_nkw=Enemy%20Territory%3A%20Quake%20Wars&Platform=Apple|PC|!