New Ask the Devs Video: December 12th

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

In our last dev video we let you know of a new video series we wanted to try out where you send us your questions and we’d get our devs to answer some of them for you. This is the first of those videos so be sure to let us know what you think!

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(Mc1412013) #2

So how quickly will this die like faqin fridays died after 3 or 4 weeks. Its a shame it died so quick as i liked it gave me something to read on my break. Thought about making a fan edition but i never have enougj time to read through every thing.

(TheStrangerous) #3

@Mc1412013 said:
So how quickly will this die like faqin fridays died after 3 or 4 weeks. Its a shame it died so quick as i liked it gave me something to read on my break. Thought about making a fan edition but i never have enougj time to read through every thing.

I hope video editing this thing doesn’t chew too much time. Every ounce of time, spent on developing DB is better than nothing.

A weekly written blog posts are enough for me. Oh, how I remember visiting TF2 blog post for any news, back then in my TF2 days.

Heck, some DB lore writers could make fictional blog posts, written by DB characters themselves!

(Melinder) #4

Such an unnecessary series to be starting. FAQing Friday’s, although it was perceived as a good thing due to it being in a time where literally no communication was present, was really just a waste of time due to SD only answering questions they were comfortable with answering, which were always trivial questions.

As it was in the past, a stream would be far more beneficial, as it’s more interactive, and gives players the opportunity to get their own questions answered. Unfortunately, we can’t have this pleasure, as SD are too insecure, and refuse to answer any controversial topics that put them in a bad light. One of DB’s main downfalls is that SD put their ego above all else, and it’s not until this changes that we’ll see real positive change.

(doxjq) #5

@Melinder said:
Such an unnecessary series to be starting. FAQing Friday’s, although it was perceived as a good thing due to it being in a time where literally no communication was present, was really just a waste of time due to SD only answering questions they were comfortable with answering, which were always trivial questions.

As it was in the past, a stream would be far more beneficial, though we can’t have this pleasure as SD are too insecure, and refuse to answer any controversial topics that put them in a bad light.

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve never seen as many complaints about an update as I have with this latest weapon balance update 2-3 weeks ago, so I only watched the video in hopes they would shed some light on the topic. Absolutely nothing said about it. It’s crap like this that make us think SD don’t listen, or if they do listen they just don’t appear to care.

I was literally thinking everything you wrote while watching this - What a waste of time, only answering things they are comfortable answering and ignoring the major issues at hand.

(everlovestruck) #6

so happy to hear they’re switching to the x64 and DX11 soon

(Mc1412013) #7

Can we get a vulcan or > @everlovestruck said:

so happy to hear they’re switching to the x64 and DX11 soon

I know is not easy but would like them to add vulcan or open gl so we can get a linux/mac port

(Xenithos) #8

@Melinder said:
FAQing Friday’s was really just a waste of time due to SD only answering questions they were comfortable with answering, which were always trivial questions.

As it was in the past, a stream would be far more beneficial, as it’s more interactive, and gives players the opportunity to get their own questions answered. Unfortunately, we can’t have this pleasure, as SD are too insecure, and refuse to answer any controversial topics that put them in a bad light. One of DB’s main downfalls is that SD put their ego above all else, and it’s not until this changes that we’ll see real positive change.
I have never enjoyed watching developer streams because they’re always giving away fan goodies instead of answering said important questions, and that was almost no different back when Miss Murder was around either. I ALWAYS went over and looked up Faraleth’s written post.

But something to dwell on mr. “SD are too insecure” is that they have every reason to be unsure of what they say, promise, etc. If they say something will be in the game, we never, EVER, forget it, and we hold them to it almost religiously. Which is a good thing in the grand scheme of all that is developed, as it shows customers/players that care, but it also has it’s negatives. The fact that we would do that and hold them to something and even misquote things they say is part of why they have to make sure they know exactly when things are coming, and on what time frame. And anything absolutely controversial they DO answer, it just frequently isn’t answered with definitives. More of a “We’re working on it, because we feel it’s in a bad spot” because HEY. IT IS.

This video literally covered future client updates (x64, DX11 etc.), they ARE working on STEAM market integrations and will release updates during Q1 of 2018, they ARE going to have Rentable fully customizable servers, though how the servers are customized will change the possibilities of rewards being given from playing on them and they will be giving more information about this throughout the first half of 2018 as their work on the servers is furthered, AND they guarantee that in the future there will be more ways to unlock weapon skin crates. Sure, these may be SOON™ style, but they are CLEARLY addressing controversial topics and even putting out times that they plan to address topics, even if they’re not the controversial ones you are looking for. Go ask SD questions if you have them.