Game Crash on Serverjoin possible workaround Windows 7

(falloutdc) #1

Sorry for bumping this, but I fixed my issue after 1 year. The game would crash (Microsoft Windows 7 )loading the map (creating characters) or sometimes work until i enter the menu (ESC) or work for hours without issues (very rarely).

I used Windows_10_and_ETQW fix
make sure to backup your custom configuration files as I lost mine in the installation progress.

(REA987) #2

It sounds like Windows prevents DLL extraction from PK4. Glad you fixed it.

(falloutdc) #3

It worked once and then back to crashing. I had to remove all custom maps and addons now the game works

(REA987) #4

I hope Microsoft doesn’t backport Windows 10 updates to Windows 7 that break custom content for ETQW. I suggest you to reinstall the game is a non-system directory, such as in a separate folder in My Documents. If that doesn’t work, consult ressected about the issue.

(falloutdc) #5

Sorry for bumping this, but I fixed my issue after 1 year. The game would crash (Microsoft Windows 7 )loading the map (creating characters) or sometimes work until i enter the menu (ESC) or work for hours without issues (very rarely).

I used Windows_10_and_ETQW fix
make sure to backup your custom configuration files as I lost mine in the installation progress.