Bad FPS after every game.

(Erich-Hartmann) #1

I really want to love this game. I catch myself coming back quite a bit, but after every game I play my fps drops dramatically. It doesn’t matter if I play on min or ultra, after a game’s worth of play, It’ll drop from 140 fps to sometimes 15-20. It doesn’t matter what I do. I’ve spent a lot of time in the assault course, and even in there after about 10 minutes of play it drops to unplayable. I don’t have fps issues in almost any other game I play. I understand this game is in Beta, and is still being worked on, but it’s really pushing me away from enjoying the game. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

I don’t feel I should have ANY fps issues. Please help me be able to enjoy this game!

I’m using a RX-580
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
and Corsair LPX 16GB

(K1X455) #2

Try this:

Launch the game from Steam with the following parameters: -cpuCount=x -Threads=y

Just replace x with the number of cores in your CPU and y with the number of concurrent threads reported by window. That will instruct the game engine to use those available cores (if it does work as intended).

Now remember how long you play in that session since you have launched your game from Steam. If you notice that your FPS is dropping and the audio begins to stutter, remember how long it took. If you’re unable to complete a 30min Stopwatch match then, then you could be having DPC/ISR stacking as well.

(Erich-Hartmann) #3

[QUOTE=K1X455;569282]Try this:

Launch the game from Steam with the following parameters: -cpuCount=x -Threads=y

Just replace x with the number of cores in your CPU and y with the number of concurrent threads reported by window. That will instruct the game engine to use those available cores (if it does work as intended).

Now remember how long you play in that session since you have launched your game from Steam. If you notice that your FPS is dropping and the audio begins to stutter, remember how long it took. If you’re unable to complete a 30min Stopwatch match then, then you could be having DPC/ISR stacking as well.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this did not help much. However, I also noticed it does not matter if I’m running it on Super or Minimal - the time it takes to drop from a steady 180 FPS is the same. I did not time it exactly, but it’s roughly 7 - 10 minutes.

(K1X455) #4

does your game look/sound anything like this

[video]https://plays.tv/s/LU-QrtQXLifD[/video]

Ignore the graph on the lower left at the moment

(Erich-Hartmann) #5

[QUOTE=K1X455;569354]does your game look/sound anything like this

[video]https://plays.tv/s/LU-QrtQXLifD[/video]

Ignore the graph on the lower left at the moment[/QUOTE]

Ehh, sort of. My FPS is much worse, but yes it gets pretty choppy.
The sound had also started getting bad. Very choppy, glitchy sounding.

I can play 1 full casual game, then I have to close the game and start over. :frowning:

(light_sh4v0r) #6

If your performance gradually drops it sounds like a heating issue…
Can you use speedfan or something similar to measure the CPU and graphics card temperatures while playing? (Speedfan allows you to plot a graph so you can play a whole game and see how the temperatures were during that time.)
If your CPU or GPU gets too hot it’ll throttle, causing worse performance. It might be time to clean the inside of your computer :slight_smile:

(Erich-Hartmann) #7

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;569401]If your performance gradually drops it sounds like a heating issue…
Can you use speedfan or something similar to measure the CPU and graphics card temperatures while playing? (Speedfan allows you to plot a graph so you can play a whole game and see how the temperatures were during that time.)
If your CPU or GPU gets too hot it’ll throttle, causing worse performance. It might be time to clean the inside of your computer :)[/QUOTE]

Very possible - yet unlikely as the computer is less than a year old. Though it could be due for a cleaning. Like I said, I don’t have the problem on much more graphic intense games, such as Arma 3, PUB, War Thunder, etc. I can run them all on ultra (except pubg because optimization). The only thing that strikes me as weird, is when it starts, changing everything to minimum doesn’t help at all, it only makes it worse. I’m assuming because it’s having to make a change. Just bizarre. Thanks for the recommendation!