Warping players in CQC

(Violator) #1

I occasionally come across players like this who teleport in CQC (note the teleport to the right just before I’m downed). This player kept doing this consistently and was a real lottery to hit.

They had a ping of around 60 (mine was 28) so not sure what the cause is. I’m not the fastest tracker in the world but its annoying as hell.

(ASD) #2

Hi,

i had sometimes the same … all players have good ping also the warping one but one is warping around like hell … its nearly impossible to hit him but at the same time he can hit you very well… from time to time I think this is some sort of cheat… i reported the last one… but this was some time ago

(B_Montiel) #3

Recently servers have been very inconsistent to say the least.
Massive warps and rollbacks, high pinger surfing on the ground… Weirdly, it often happens on Sundays.

(NHLfan) #4

[QUOTE=Violator;568959]I occasionally come across players like this who teleport in CQC (note the teleport to the right just before I’m downed). This player kept doing this consistently and was a real lottery to hit.

They had a ping of around 60 (mine was 28) so not sure what the cause is. I’m not the fastest tracker in the world but its annoying as hell.[/QUOTE]
I have the issue, that I AM warping/lagging (ping betw. 20-60), but it’s not a cheat, it’s since the last update (guardian) and it’s annoying as hell!
would have hoped it gets fixed with the ranked-update, but it’s not!

(B_Montiel) #5

[QUOTE=NHLfan;569054]I have the issue, that I AM warping/lagging (ping betw. 20-60), but it’s not a cheat, it’s since the last update (guardian) and it’s annoying as hell!
would have hoped it gets fixed with the ranked-update, but it’s not![/QUOTE]

Are you using wireless LAN ? If so, check if you’re not having sudden ping spikes.

Games seems to be more sensitive about packetloss recently.

(NHLfan) #6

No, I don’t use WIFI

(ASD) #7

never, never, never! use air… we have copper

(Violator) #8

Pretty sure the guy wasn’t cheating. It looks like a packet loss issue to me and does seem to be a more recent thing.

(B_Montiel) #9

The game definitely seems to have more difficulties to cope with high pingers / packet losing players.

I moved in to a new location with fiber cable right when they added different server location over Europe and the difference is still noticeable between UK/EU West and EU Central.

(NHLfan) #10

In my case, I have a ping between 20-60. I don’t consider that as high ping.
The warping/teleporting became noticeable to me after the guardian update before that, I didn’t have this issue.

(AssortedStuff) #11

This reminds me of reading that some players use VPNs/Proxies which makes it look as their ping is lower (or to circumvent other limitations, such as living in China).
I don’t think many people would do this to play DB, I just thought I’d mention it.

(Nail) #12

[QUOTE=AssortedStuff;569343]This reminds me of reading that some players use VPNs/Proxies which makes it look as their ping is lower (or to circumvent other limitations, such as living in China).
I don’t think many people would do this to play DB, I just thought I’d mention it.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure more people were using VPN when we had more region restrictions, likely poo servers now though

(Demolama) #13

No there is definitely something wrong with how the code interprets where players are in the game because even with an entire server of players with normal ping there is at least one teleporting. Try jumping and standing on top of the EV. You can see how the game bugs out trying to figure out where your location is and where you should be.

(B_Montiel) #14

Servers are terrible this sunday afternoon. Massive ping spikes with warping, teleports and roll backs.
Sounds are messed up as well when it happens, which is quite weird.