Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5

    Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    GOG.com, the people who recently revived SW Battlefront 2 from 2005, restored Quake IV, and brought back over 2000 other great classics, takes a survey on ET:Quake Wars.

    https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/e...ory_quake_wars
    Please participate. Upvote and leave a comment, so that they contact the owners of ETQW.


    The Steam community is also trying to get it back to Steam. Please write a message to the rightsholders of ETQW (e-mail adresses and instructions inside) and let them know you want this game back in Steam Store.
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on Steam
    Last edited by FatCat87; 11th Oct 2017 at 18:42.

  2. #2

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Just voted.. this might be a big help for us.. don't lose hope!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Thank you!

    Getting ETQW on GOG.com would help us all, as they tend to update even very old games to make them compatible with modern operating systems.
    They also brought back old master-servers of a few games. They could bring the etqw stats server back.

    i have a dream...

  4. #4

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Which games did they revive? never heard of that site tbh

  5. #5
    Axis' Engy Mastermind N3rwitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Goldrush?
    Posts
    96

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Pheh GOG you mean? Most of the big time classics from the past two decades, updated & sold error free on modern hardware.

    I gave a vote also. IT must live.
    - N3rwitZ (pronounced Nerwitz in a twisted way, where 3 (/2003) indicates the year I became WolfET patron), local hero, a famed nub, and hottest nurse around...part time pyromaniac, often Axis' cannon fodder. Speciality: Rabbit Naddit Rush

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    They revived, for instance, System Shock 1 and 2. Which was in a state of Abandonware (abandoned by the games rightsholders) just like ETQW now.
    They also revived Star Wars Battlefront 2 from 2005, which nobody could play online anymore because of missing Master-Server.
    Some other games re-released by them are Planescape Torment, older Bethesda games, Disney/Lucas Arts games, ...

    All of these games have been restored, so they are playable with modern systems.

  7. #7

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    There seems to be a not so old thread on official Bethesda Community Forums which might be taken more serious than Splash Damage Forums by ZeniMax officials.

    https://bethesda.net/community/topic...itle-from-2007
    Last edited by REA987; 21st Apr 2018 at 21:28.

  8. #8
    Axis' Engy Mastermind N3rwitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Goldrush?
    Posts
    96

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Thing is, if they can't monetize the game some way or another, by giving us the usual "you can earn everything by just playing" most if not every contemporary linear shooter have, I see it no way happening. Yes, we do know games nowadays are just a business by bunch of investors that run everything and determine everything developers do, see that battle royale wave everyone rides on, like every studio has a battle royale game in the works, having us thinking it is gaming really moving on from the past to the future.

    In my opinion, the lack of originality, like what QW offers, is apparent enough to evaluate publishers are afraid of investing in less popular concepts. You can see that by going through Steam catalogue, there is no game that matches the signature gameplay of Quake Wars, meaning publishers have their fears of losing the appeal of gamers popular games get.

    At first place Quake Wars should have been released like the older title Splash Damage has made - Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, free to play, community servers and an open game that can provide players with a good modding base, to develop different game mods.

    Silly move, you might think. No,I believe it was going to be until some point, then publisher (Activision) required to get out the game as a commercial product. Matter of fact, biggest series do bigger outcome, biggest publishing companies have bigger expectations, so why releasing it free when you can double the outcome.

    In the end of the day, I don't remember why it got pulled off Steam. Then again, Brink came out on Steam again few months ago, that game is deadly dead, why not do the same and publish a patch to have the game operate under Steam's services. Money this, money that, I suppose.
    - N3rwitZ (pronounced Nerwitz in a twisted way, where 3 (/2003) indicates the year I became WolfET patron), local hero, a famed nub, and hottest nurse around...part time pyromaniac, often Axis' cannon fodder. Speciality: Rabbit Naddit Rush

  9. #9

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Recent events shown me people in charge of keeping the game free of cheaters have been the greatest cheaters of all.
    And this is going on since quite some time now (probably since last upgrade release).
    I believe that the lack of improvements and bug correction have been stopped, in order to assure that their tools don't stop working in the process, requiring them to rewrite those tools.

    Don't believe those platforms are interested in a game where a few "special" players can control the outcomes of games as they see fit. On the other side, these "special" players are not interested in going into an environment where their tools might get exposed.

  10. #10

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    Recent events shown me people in charge of keeping the game free of cheaters have been the greatest cheaters of all.
    And this is going on since quite some time now (probably since last upgrade release).
    I believe that the lack of improvements and bug correction have been stopped, in order to assure that their tools don't stop working in the process, requiring them to rewrite those tools.

    Don't believe those platforms are interested in a game where a few "special" players can control the outcomes of games as they see fit. On the other side, these "special" players are not interested in going into an environment where their tools might get exposed.
    I didn't start using Twitch because I was afraid to accidentally expose my tool.

  11. #11

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    Recent events shown me people in charge of keeping the game free of cheaters have been the greatest cheaters of all.
    And this is going on since quite some time now (probably since last upgrade release).
    I believe that the lack of improvements and bug correction have been stopped, in order to assure that their tools don't stop working in the process, requiring them to rewrite those tools.

    Don't believe those platforms are interested in a game where a few "special" players can control the outcomes of games as they see fit. On the other side, these "special" players are not interested in going into an environment where their tools might get exposed.
    Thanks god Pliscin is streaming and putting a lot of videos of youtube, must be plenty of evidence online for you to dig through it

    I will also consider streaming if it helps

  12. #12

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    This is like the other time when rex, or some of his friends, found a way to screw my pc.
    He rushed to create a competition.

    @ Randolf
    Lol, you think I saw his videos. That was just amazing luck.

    @Chronicler
    There has been a lot of discussion around here. But you choose to reply with nonsense precisely to this one post, interesting.

  13. #13

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    This is like the other time when rex, or some of his friends, found a way to screw my pc.
    He rushed to create a competition.

    @ Randolf
    Lol, you think I saw his videos. That was just amazing luck.

    @Chronicler
    There has been a lot of discussion around here. But you choose to reply with nonsense precisely to this one post, interesting.
    It's not that interesting. You were the only one using that terminology.

  14. #14

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    @ Randolf
    Lol, you think I saw his videos. That was just amazing luck.
    So you are saying that he is cheater, has software to lag servers and lulu hax to mess with other ppl's games and you just know it so no need to find evidence in streams and videos :O

  15. #15

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolf View Post
    So you are saying that he is cheater, has software to lag servers and lulu hax to mess with other ppl's games and you just know it so no need to find evidence in streams and videos :O
    No, you twisted everything I said. Maybe you should stop reading my posts if what you understood is that.

    - Last post I went and said that he is the person who causes everyone to gets disconnected at the same time from server. This is something that we seen not just now, it has been happening for a few years. I heard people claim that it was QED, but that's probably false, because it has been Pliscin (could be both of course, can't be sure QED didn't do it). I was not 100% sure about it, let's say I was just 80% confident, but then it went to 100% after I saw his reaction there.
    Note: this is different from "So you are saying that he is cheater"

    - Your second statement refers to a thing that I won't talk about any more in this forum. Otherwise the post might be deleted and the thread blocked.

    - You also say that I am suggesting people should not try to find evidence. That's completely false, because I am the only person saying that this should be investigated, while everyone else decided to blame me.

    Conclusion: Your statements are all wrong. And this should not be a surprise.
    You use a fake nick in the game, and you created a fake account here related to it.
    In the same way that you been trying to accuse me of everything, it looks obvious to me, that your actions in the game will fall in the same category.

  16. #16

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    No, you twisted everything I said. Maybe you should stop reading my posts if what you understood is that.

    - Last post I went and said that he is the person who causes everyone to gets disconnected at the same time from server. This is something that we seen not just now, it has been happening for a few years. I heard people claim that it was QED, but that's probably false, because it has been Pliscin (could be both of course, can't be sure QED didn't do it). I was not 100% sure about it, let's say I was just 80% confident, but then it went to 100% after I saw his reaction there.
    Note: this is different from "So you are saying that he is cheater"

    - Your second statement refers to a thing that I won't talk about any more in this forum. Otherwise the post might be deleted and the thread blocked.

    - You also say that I am suggesting people should not try to find evidence. That's completely false, because I am the only person saying that this should be investigated, while everyone else decided to blame me.

    Conclusion: Your statements are all wrong. And this should not be a surprise.
    You use a fake nick in the game, and you created a fake account here related to it.
    In the same way that you been trying to accuse me of everything, it looks obvious to me, that your actions in the game will fall in the same category.
    i mean content wise u only talk **** but i think this is the first time you actually tryed to argue and dont sound like a complete moron. props man im impressed! keep it up

  17. #17

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    You use a fake nick in the game, and you created a fake account here related to it.
    In the same way that you been trying to accuse me of everything, it looks obvious to me, that your actions in the game will fall in the same category.
    and where did this came from? I would like to hear more about that

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    You use a fake nick in the game, and you created a fake account here related to it.
    In the same way that you been trying to accuse me of everything, it looks obvious to me, that your actions in the game will fall in the same category.
    It seems that you didn't undesrstand my point, maybe you should stop reading my posts if what you understood is that.

    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    No, you twisted everything I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    Note: this is different from "So you are saying that he is cheater"
    I just summed up everything you said recently on forums and in game not only in this topic, it should be pretty obvious. You just seem to blame him for everything and just add few other good players on the list for good measure

  18. #18

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randolf View Post
    I just summed up everything you said recently on forums and in game not only in this topic, it should be pretty obvious. You just seem to blame him for everything and just add few other good players on the list for good measure
    This is your way of proving me right ?

  19. #19

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Quite the opposite, since I disagree with you on almost everything you wrote and can easily put it on a level of conspiracy theories.

    Can you enlighten us about my fake nicks in-game and on forums?

  20. #20

    Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

    Theories don't lag everyone on server, cause everyone to disconnect, etc ... at least the last time I checked. Do you disagree with this ?

    Someone said on server that you were Blimp from TAW. And here, is it false or true ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •