Thread: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

GOG.com, the people who recently revived SW Battlefront 2 from 2005, restored Quake IV, and brought back over 2000 other great classics, takes a survey on ET:Quake Wars.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/e...ory_quake_wars
    Please participate. Upvote and leave a comment, so that they contact the owners of ETQW.

The Steam community is also trying to get it back to Steam. Please write a message to the rightsholders of ETQW (e-mail adresses and instructions inside) and let them know you want this game back in Steam Store.
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars on Steam
    Last edited by FatCat87; 11th Oct 2017 at 18:42.

Re: Lets bring Quake Wars to GOG and back to Steam again!

Just voted.. this might be a big help for us.. don't lose hope!

Thank you!

Getting ETQW on GOG.com would help us all, as they tend to update even very old games to make them compatible with modern operating systems.
    They also brought back old master-servers of a few games. They could bring the etqw stats server back.

i have a dream...

Which games did they revive? never heard of that site tbh

Pheh GOG you mean? Most of the big time classics from the past two decades, updated & sold error free on modern hardware.

I gave a vote also. IT must live.
    - N3rwitZ (pronounced Nerwitz in a twisted way), local hero, a famed nub, and hottest nurse around...part time pyromaniac! Speciality: Rabbit Naddit Rush

They revived, for instance, System Shock 1 and 2. Which was in a state of Abandonware (abandoned by the games rightsholders) just like ETQW now.
    They also revived Star Wars Battlefront 2 from 2005, which nobody could play online anymore because of missing Master-Server.
    Some other games re-released by them are Planescape Torment, older Bethesda games, Disney/Lucas Arts games, ...

All of these games have been restored, so they are playable with modern systems.

There seems to be a not so old thread on official Bethesda Community Forums which might be taken more serious than Splash Damage Forums by ZeniMax officials.

https://bethesda.net/community/topic...itle-from-2007
    Last edited by REA987; 21st Apr 2018 at 21:28.

Thing is, if they can't monetize the game some way or another, by giving us the usual "you can earn everything by just playing" most if not every contemporary linear shooter have, I see it no way happening. Yes, we do know games nowadays are just a business by bunch of investors that run everything and determine everything developers do, see that battle royale wave everyone rides on, like every studio has a battle royale game in the works, having us thinking it is gaming really moving on from the past to the future.

In my opinion, the lack of originality, like what QW offers, is apparent enough to evaluate publishers are afraid of investing in less popular concepts. You can see that by going through Steam catalogue, there is no game that matches the signature gameplay of Quake Wars, meaning publishers have their fears of losing the appeal of gamers popular games get.

At first place Quake Wars should have been released like the older title Splash Damage has made - Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, free to play, community servers and an open game that can provide players with a good modding base, to develop different game mods.

Silly move, you might think. No,I believe it was going to be until some point, then publisher (Activision) required to get out the game as a commercial product. Matter of fact, biggest series do bigger outcome, biggest publishing companies have bigger expectations, so why releasing it free when you can double the outcome.

In the end of the day, I don't remember why it got pulled off Steam. Then again, Brink came out on Steam again few months ago, that game is deadly dead, why not do the same and publish a patch to have the game operate under Steam's services. Money this, money that, I suppose.
    - N3rwitZ (pronounced Nerwitz in a twisted way), local hero, a famed nub, and hottest nurse around...part time pyromaniac! Speciality: Rabbit Naddit Rush

Recent events shown me people in charge of keeping the game free of cheaters have been the greatest cheaters of all.
    And this is going on since quite some time now (probably since last upgrade release).
    I believe that the lack of improvements and bug correction have been stopped, in order to assure that their tools don't stop working in the process, requiring them to rewrite those tools.

Don't believe those platforms are interested in a game where a few "special" players can control the outcomes of games as they see fit. On the other side, these "special" players are not interested in going into an environment where their tools might get exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post
    Recent events shown me people in charge of keeping the game free of cheaters have been the greatest cheaters of all.
    And this is going on since quite some time now (probably since last upgrade release).
    I believe that the lack of improvements and bug correction have been stopped, in order to assure that their tools don't stop working in the process, requiring them to rewrite those tools.

Don't believe those platforms are interested in a game where a few "special" players can control the outcomes of games as they see fit. On the other side, these "special" players are not interested in going into an environment where their tools might get exposed.
    I didn't start using Twitch because I was afraid to accidentally expose my tool.

Quote Originally Posted by edxot View Post

Thanks god Pliscin is streaming and putting a lot of videos of youtube, must be plenty of evidence online for you to dig through it

I will also consider streaming if it helps