Merc Idea

(n0va_) #1

Hello all i have been thinking of a new merc idea. I am unsure whether this is the right place for it but here we go.

The idea of the merc is as follows,

The merc is a female/male merc with sort of a hybrid role crossed between assault and engi.

Her/his main abilities are like an emp but not like phantoms. The emp is objective based.

So for example, On an ev map her ability has an effect on the EV, its like a sticky plant emp that attaches onto the ev itself. Whilst on attackers it increases the EV speed by 15% and on defenders decreases the EV speed by 15%. It will act like a C4 and needs a “fake code” style thing like a standard defuse to stop the emp working. However the time to remove it can will be similar to a engi defuse on a plant but the same time for all mercs.
If the ev is destroyed her ability will be blown up and will need to replant it

Following on from that on C4 based maps it has an effect on c4 plants. On attackers when attached to a C4 it will lower the denotation time by 8 seconds give or take and on defenders side it will increase the denotation time by 8 seconds. However unlike on EV objectives this can be shot of the C4 instead and has like a healthpool of around 200.

I was thinking she/he should be like a lower hp merc with a quicker speed to get in and out of situations and attach her ability onto objectives.

Im not so creative with merc names but ive thought of a couple but probs abit sucky, Shade, Crook, Flux, memento.

Let me know if i have posted this in the right place and what SD and the community think of this idea, was just a random thought and i hope its a cool idea.:D:stroggbanana:

(light_sh4v0r) #2

The idea is interesting, but when defending, instead of taking the time to plant something on a C4 charge I’d rather just defuse it.
Something to slow/speed up the EV could be interesting though. Could be fun to stack too, for a quick rush :slight_smile:

(ASD) #3

stacking two or more… would be fun but as we are not able to stack C4’s SD will also not let us stack this

remembering the good old ET times there you need first to figure out wich dyna ist the first and wich was planted last … and then defuse all 4 dynas :slight_smile:

(Nail) #4

[QUOTE=ASD;568636]stacking two or more… would be fun but as we are not able to stack C4’s SD will also not let us stack this

remembering the good old ET times there you need first to figure out wich dyna ist the first and wich was planted last … and then defuse all 4 dynas :)[/QUOTE]

especially on Fuel Dump, while half your team is playing around sniper hill

(bontsa) #5

Wouldnt the merc be 100% direct counter for themselves? Have 1 on each team, they slap a thing onto EV and it cancels each other out until either one is “defused”. Or runs out, I’d figure this kind of thing should have set uptime for it.

Hard to see how this wouldn’t get unnecessarily confusing. We’re very accustomed to certain unchanging timings (50 seconds for C4 to blow, 3 or 6 second plants, certain times for defusals and repairs, etc.). Maybe one could fiddle with the objective UI element (have it of different colour if Objective is “EMPd”? Yellow normally, some kind of strong orange if this ability is attached?). In my own imaginations I would hardly see this a fun addition to merc roster, but I’m not outright calling it bad idea either.