Most Recent Awards:

Somebody didn't get the memo?

So despite the new Phoenix Obsidian getting a complete makeover before release, it looks like nobody bothered to change the name of the skin... "Woodland Phoenix"? Really?!?

20170927204443_1.jpg

Also, why is that skin so fuzzy? Even on the highest settings for the model and textures, it still looks blurry. In fact, I've noticed that when I swap between the enemy and friendly versions, it actually looks sharp for a fraction of a second then becomes blurry again (it's very obvious on the pack's "HÜLLE" logo). It's exactly the opposite of what you would expect, which is to quickly load the low-rez textures then overlay the hi-rez ones which take longer to load (the classic gradual sharpening effect). Seems like either there is a goof in the definition of the texture LOD so they don't sequence properly, or the game engine somehow thinks this model is far enough from the view point to downgrade its textures (which clearly it isn't).

Most Recent Awards:

Re: Somebody didn't get the memo?

Weird. Just posting mine for comparison.

phoenix_store.jpg
    White Knight to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Most Recent Awards:

Re: Somebody didn't get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by shirosae View Post
    Weird. Just posting mine for comparison.

phoenix_store.jpg
    Thanks for posting that shirosae, after a bit of investigation, it looks like there is something wrong with texture management in these skin previews, some of it related to screen resolution, others which seem even weirder... I'll post a separate thread for that.

Bur still, that skin name