This Free Rotation Is A Joke...

(PixelTwitch) #1

Simple as the title says really…

So many times today have I run into servers with 2-3 Bushwhackers and Rhinos. They slow the game down massively and totally change the way the average game plays out. I am not claiming that these Mercs are not balanced simply they make the game so much less fun to play. Honestly… I would have enough problems with this if only one of these 3 Mercs where on free rotation but to put all 3 on at the same time is beyond a sick joke.

Do you just pick the Mercs out of a hat?
Because if not I seriously question the thought process of whomever thought that this was a good idea…

Now while I could KINDA understand the idea that “well Rhino is good vs Bushwhacker and Sniper is good vs Rhino” Was any thought put into what happens when teams run that combo? It makes the whole game feel bullet spongy as hell.

Honestly I struggle to even think of a worse combo that Rhino and Bushwhacker on free rotation at the same time. Like seriously I am thinking here… Nope cannot do it…

(Szakalot) #2

meh, thats what GOOD about the rotations: they change the game. its not like people cant use explosive spam to fend off turrets and miniguns.

i think its great that the ‘meta’ changes simply because of which mercs are available

(PixelTwitch) #3

If I was playing in team of friends with comms I would totally agree with you. However when your playing with 6 people that have a combined IQ of 90 its not that fun really. Again, not saying its strong it just bullet sponge hell.

(Nail) #4

have you ever thought that the devs may garner a lot of knowledge/data from running multi Rhinos and Bushwackers ? After all this IS a beta TEST

(Mustang) #5

A change of meta is one of the best things about merc rotations, this and regular balance changes.

I think they should be picked out of a hat, or more accurately, every possible combination should be used.

(DarkangelUK) #6

Merc rotations are good for shifting dynamics, lack of merc limits however are bad for curtaining crappy team compositions when every Tom Dick and Harry wants to try them.

(bontsa) #7

While I agree its boring, its nowadays just one week at a time. Can even simply take a short break from the game if rotation doesnt suit you and come back once coast is clear. Gone are the half a month horrors.

(Demolama) #8

I wonder how much of that data contains the amount of damage a player sustains from explosives, which I would say is at least 2/3 of all the damage taken. Just because they collect data doesn’t mean they’ll change anything

(Nail) #9

they sure as heck won’t change anything without data, I guess they could listen to the ragers but then we’d have CoD with hats

(_milla) #10

[QUOTE=Szakalot;568346]meh, thats what GOOD about the rotations: they change the game. its not like people cant use explosive spam to fend off turrets and miniguns.

i think its great that the ‘meta’ changes simply because of which mercs are available[/QUOTE]

fixed it for you :smiley: