Testing Tobii eye tracker and motion control

(darkco1a) #1

For those with any memory its me again testing motion control for disabled gamers. Now I have just been sent a dev. Test kit from Tobii who make a very nice eye tracker.

Dirty bomb is a fast fps so a great way to find oit how to make the eye tracker work competitively with our own motion control devices. Yes we have come a long way.

So the question is:
Will using Tobii and the included and unmodified software be recognized as cheating software or can I safely test this online?
Also is there a way to request setting up a test server where I can work with some devs to make DB disavled friendly?

(Nail) #2

I remember you, that’s cool you’re still pursuing this

there’s a discord channel the devs frequent
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/48268-Dirty-Bomb-Discord?p=547351&viewfull=1#post547351

(Mustang) #3

Would be awesome if it’s possible to get this sort of thing working (please share a video if you manage to do so).

Why not test in offline/singleplayer to start with though?
Open console and enter “switchlevel obj_bridge”

(Nail) #4

I think he’s more concerned with the anti-cheat

might want to ask the source
https://www.easyanticheat.net/

(_milla) #5

[QUOTE=darkco1a;568260]For those with any memory its me again testing motion control for disabled gamers. Now I have just been sent a dev. Test kit from Tobii who make a very nice eye tracker.

Dirty bomb is a fast fps so a great way to find oit how to make the eye tracker work competitively with our own motion control devices. Yes we have come a long way.

So the question is:
Will using Tobii and the included and unmodified software be recognized as cheating software or can I safely test this online?
Also is there a way to request setting up a test server where I can work with some devs to make DB disavled friendly?[/QUOTE]

I am using Tobii eye motion tracker for months now without problems I also asked Devs on Reddit if its legal and it is.

I play on ultrawide 4k without problems :wink:

But what I want to try is HTC VIVE!

(Nail) #6

for an abled person it’s not likely any better, but for someone with one arm it would be a game changer