Console + Windowed Mode binding

(REA987) #1

Hey,

As far as I know, ETQW doesn’t support direct Alt+Tab by default. It is possible to enable quick switch to windowed mode, then activate console and lastly Alt+Tab;

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Enemy_Territory:Quake_Wars#Cannot_use_Alt.2BTab.E2.86.B9_while_in-game

I am pretty sure there are third party tools to for proper Alt+Tab but I rather prefer my game to remain as it is. As I tried on macOS port, it is possible to bind a key for related commands such as r_fullscreen and vid_restart. How about binding a key for switching to fullscreen and opening the console at the same time; so instead applying three steps {Tilde (console) + [Alt+Enter] (windowed) + [Alt+Tab]}, I can directly switch to windowed mode while console is opened, then apply [Alt+Tab]? I know, it seems a bit complicated but windowed mode binding in bindings.cfg on Mac is like that;

bind "F9" "toggle r_fullscreen; vid_restart" "" "default"

Is it possible to include open console command to that line?

Thanks.

(light_sh4v0r) #2

There used to be a setting somewhere that allowed regular alt tabbing out of ETQW…
If only it wasn’t 6 years ago since I played this game I might remember what it was >.>

(NoSoup4U) #3

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;568103]There used to be a setting somewhere that allowed regular alt tabbing out of ETQW…
If only it wasn’t 6 years ago since I played this game I might remember what it was >.>[/QUOTE]

You’re talking about the aptly named… ET Minimizer ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/af6wcp42snp3g5f/ET-mini.rar )

(REA987) #4

Well, that “could” help me if I was using Windows; but that’s just no go for Linux version. But I will add this to pcgamingwiki article for Windows users. Thanks.

(NoSoup4U) #5

Sorry, no: Don’t. I thought you were talking about ET, not ET:QW. So wrong game minimizer :wink:
Deleting post now to avoid confusion.

(edxot) #6

in windows xp, after you press ALT+ENTER
you can press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open task manager

then you switch to the 1st tab (the one listing programs/applications - not processes)
and you can right click on ETQW and choose “minimize”

not sure if you can do that on latest windows versions

(REA987) #7

[QUOTE=edxot;568190]in windows xp, after you press ALT+ENTER
you can press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open task manager[/QUOTE]

Well, Console + Windowed + (Alt+Tab) seems safer than consulting task manager. Besides, I am using Linux, things are a bit different here. :oppressor: It should be Ctrl+Shift+Esc in post-Windows XP releases.