Keep 6vs6 objective MM, add casual 6vs6 stopwatch MM, bring back

(UnaSalusVictus) #1

and bring back 7vs7 and 8vs8 objective servers in the server browser, this would give people who like the match making and find it works well to get them into balanced matches, and give those of us who really dont like the match making system and waits on top of waits…and inability to just vote on next map if you got a good balance in the server…

i am saying, give us options, rather then removing options and replacing them the restrictions… :confused:

i have tried the MM system, it dosnt work well for me, keep getting into rounds as bad or wors ehten joining random servers from the brower…and the lack of 7vs7 and 8vs8 really sucks… despite some people hating the extra players…always seemed like the servers had people in them…

really would love to be able to tell people i know who tried and removed db to try it again…since they removed it because, nobody but a rapist enjoys a rape, and after you spawn into multi servers and find most matches endup like that…they just quit…

i dont want to quit, i really like the game, well when you get a decent match…that seems more and more rare…seems more andmore like i see low levels going 68/11 and such… or teams that have 1-2 decent players and a bunch of low level noobs… bah…

(Melinder) #2

You have to pick between match fluidity and match balance. You say that you would like all of these options, but you also say you only like the game “when you get a decent match”. If you give players the option to play

[ul]
[li]Casual Objective[/li][li]Casual Stopwatch[/li][li]Ranked Stopwatch[/li][li]Server Browser[/li][/ul]
Doing so, you’ve potentially split the community into 4 sections. With a community as small as ours, we need to be contained into two sections maximum, which to me would be Casual Objective, and Ranked Stopwatch, which is the exact same way Overwatch functions (prior to their Server Browser update).

(Cankor) #3

[QUOTE=Melinder;567617]
Doing so, you’ve potentially split the community into 4 sections. With a community as small as ours, we need to be contained into two sections maximum, which to me would be Casual Objective, and Ranked Stopwatch, which is the exact same way Overwatch functions (prior to their Server Browser update).[/QUOTE]

not only that but it’s impossible to do matchmaking in the server browser. What SD is doing makes sense, they are forcing all casual players who want to play objective mode only into a matchmaking system. The aim is to produce better games, So far as I can see it’s working, the games are typically good and the wait times are minimal, which is pretty nice considering you almost always join at the beginning of the match.

So, if you want to play stopwatch outside of ranked, you have to use the server browser and you are far more likely to get an unbalanced game or at the very least far wider ranges in skill levels.

If there were more players for sure they would be doing casual matchmaking in stopwatch as well.

(UnaSalusVictus) #4

not what i have found, never waited less then 12min for a match, and as often as not, the matches are as poorly balanced as joining a random server, also waiting and ****ing with the horribly laggy buggy ui for a random 6vs6 map, with no other options, is just causing people to not play objective and many i know, just dump objective missions and wait for a refill that will give them stopwatch so they are not limited to 6vs6 and match making random maps with wait times in que per map…but i guess its supperior, no choice, no option to do another map if the teams where good and people wanted that…its better with less choices…

the community servers they are renting and planing to rent more of should be removed, i mean, using your logic, they split the community, people either need to play objective or stopwatch via match making, because, 6vs6 and 5vs5 are ideal and the most fun for all players…(Y)