So, How Exactly Do I Get in a Game With a Friend

(Finnbhennach) #1

Hi all,

Today I started playing DB and so far have been enjoying it. I am currently level 6. I want to play with a friend of mine, I invite him to a party. However, when I click Casual, it tells me “I will leave the party if I start a game” and thus I and my friend can’t join a game together.

The only workaround we’ve found is, he joins a game through server browser first and then I join the server he is in using the friends list which is fairly annoying. So how do I exactly join a casual game as a party?

(bontsa) #2

You invite them through the friendslist pop-up in the bottom left corner of the screen. Click Friends (icon with 2 or 3 people in it), select your buddies and “invite to party”. That creates a party that with you can now que in matchmaking together. However you cant join server browser in party, but instead can join individually to those like you’ve been doing so far.

(UnaSalusVictus) #3

you can only do it via match making, and then you have no options but 5vs5 comp stopwatch and 6vs6 objective, with a nice wait for a random map…this im told is superior to offering people options of 7vs7 and 8vs8, a choice of maps, the option to run another map because, the last match was damn good…

if you want to join the same server for stopwatch non-comp, you can join and have htem join on you, or use an external viop app and just tell eachother what server to join as me and my friends tend to do…since none of us enjoy the match making system they came up with…and replaced all playable objective servers with…(wish i could opt out of getting objective missions since i dont like playing in servers with 200+ ping…and the match making, sucks…12min is the min i have waited for a match making match, the majority of the 28 matches i have done via MM have been just as bad as joining a random server, one team just dominating/raping the other…or close enough that it dosnt matter…just to get back in cue and do it over and over to try and get a 1000credit mission for objective mode done… thats not fun to me…but…i know…i am an idiot/fool…

good luck, dont expect alot of good matches in db these days…the majority endup as…crap…unbalanced…crap… and the community has a huge hate for shuffle…HATE…, also, dont be shocked to see alot of “git gud” comments when people complain about, for example 12 solid min of spawn rape in the attackers spawn, on term…such that, you couldnt get a single kill before you died from spawn shield failing, as rhinos and javs behind shields spam the attacking team…it was great…most fun ever… must have been, the whole other team voted against shuffle both rounds of that match…

do not be shocked when it happens server/match after server/match… its to be expected with the current state of the game and community…when they remove stopwatch servers in favor of casual stopwatch matchmaking, alot of us will just move on down the gaming highway…and there are people that feel having a server browser and more then 2 game modes/mode options, splits the community and is why db cant hold onto players…(couldnt be the spawn rape/rape in general…has to be to many choices/options!!!)