What is going on Splash Damage

(Chronicler) #1

Is server browser gone forever?

I get in today, there is no server browser, I press casual matchmaking and it’s like ranked.

It took me longer to get into an obj mode game than the actual length of the obj mode game itself (someone abandoned lobby and it restarted, so I think I spent like 8 minutes total in lobby. Our game was so unbalanced enemy team lost in shorter time than that, probably by half.

EDIT: And we couldn’t shuffle either. And btw, are you really removing 8vs8 games? >_>

So you are removing execution and anything above 6vs6? Why destroy all the fun?

(Nail) #2

there was a test today for CMM, welcome to beta testing

(Chronicler) #3

You know what the problem is right Nail, all the news end up on Twitter but not in news feed ingame, where there is nothing.

I know there are constant CMM tests, but it would be nice to know about them in advance for those of us who don’t read Twitter.

Also, you have to admit whether or not they are removing anything over 6vs6 to be a valid question, same with everything else I wrote, and people want to know if server browser will still be there. >_>

(Nail) #4

the server browser will stay

(UnaSalusVictus) #5

no more official us/eu objective servers, no 7vs7/8vs8, just, mm, its better this way, no choice of map, no option to run another if the game was good…

waiting for they to remove official stopwatch servers in favor of adding casual 5v5 stopwatch match making… then…dead

(Demolama) #6

I have no problem with sw being 5v5 and attached to the cmm system. To me that should be the primary game mode for this game since ranked is just a ff-on version. So it would make sense to have regular sw have fair and balanced games using a similar mm system to ranked. To me objective is very casual. It is a place to go to blow off steam if you have 30 minute. A place to learn new mercs. But right now casual objective isn’t very casual. I like to sometimes play against my friends and not always be on their team. Currently I cannot with cmm. No one likes to wait 5+ minutes for a quick match. No one likes not being able to come and go from the objective match as they please without incurring a stupid penalty. Game imbalanced? tough **** you can’t leave or else you can’t requeue again for several minutes.

(DarkangelUK) #7

[QUOTE=UnaSalusVictus;567977]no more official us/eu objective servers, no 7vs7/8vs8, just, mm, its better this way, no choice of map, no option to run another if the game was good…

waiting for they to remove official stopwatch servers in favor of adding casual 5v5 stopwatch match making… then…dead[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned in a video that rented servers will be coming “soon”, that means people who rent them can choose to run 7v7/8v8’s etc which should appease the itch for those that want it.

(Nail) #8

it was also mentioned that there will be an update this week, let’s see what it does

(Chronicler) #9

But what about those that want private server for execution? :frowning:

(Nail) #10

I can’t really see SD maintaining the build and making new maps for a mode they don’t actually want but ya never know