Fine Tuning Update Release Notes - 19th July, 2017

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

In this Fine Tuning Update we’re sanding off some of Turtle’s rough edges, as well as fixing a few other issues that have been lurking for a while.

TURTLE

• Fixed bug where the Shield would sometimes not award XP correctly
  • Fixed bug where the Shield could be placed inside an MG
  • Fixed bug where the Shield did not properly block damage from the owner’s C4
  • Fixed bug where the Shield appeared too opaque when viewed through IR Goggles
  • Fixed bug where the Shield would make enemies too difficult to see when viewed through IR Goggles
  • Fixed bug where a Healing Pulse could heal through enemy Shields
  • Fixed bug where the Shield’s pulsing effect was not visible on minimal graphics
  • Fixed bug where Turtle’s V-Says that did not have VO were not greyed out
  • Fixed bug where friendly explosives did not damage the Shield on friendly fire servers

GAMEPLAY

• Fixed bug where players would receive negative suicide XP for enemy-inflicted damage
  • Fixed bug where melee weapons were inconsistently registering hits
  • Fixed bug where melee weapons would not register a hit if touching a wall beforehand
  • Fixed bug where a player could get stuck in the item throwing animation until their reserve was depleted
  • Fixed bug where the incorrect enemy weapon could appear after being killed

VAULT

Numerous small visual, text, audio and collision fixes

GENERAL

• Fixed bug where clients could crash upon joining servers at the end of match
  • Fixed bug where players in Ranked could sometimes be forced to play a completed match again

UI

• Fixed bug where Turtle’s PDA showed “Click to Continue” even after players had seen the help screens
  • Fixed bug in Ranked where disabled Mercs did not have a distinct border

Thanks!
shoe.

(everlovestruck) #2

I thought fine tuning was all about balance changes

(llSquishyll) #3

My update was 1gb. i feel like somthing is going under my nose anyone know how to get into game files look for new things?

(XP_Expert) #4

@everlovestruck said:
I thought fine tuning was all about balance changes

I think, they are fixed bugs for balance with more exactly analysis.

(XavienX) #5

@llSquishyll said:
My update was 1gb. i feel like somthing is going under my nose anyone know how to get into game files look for new things?

Yea it’s pretty big for these small changes.

(pieta9) #6

Disappointed a little bit. 1gb is huge but not much fixes.

Btw for turtle, im turkish too, we dont speak like russians. We dont say “salam” which is arabic style of “selam” (it means hi). We dont say “maraba”, again it kinda arabic. I think turtle voice should be fixed completely. There are lot of thing to add the list. We could help if you would.

if you say “salam” it means salami in english: like this ; http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/salami.jpg

if you say “maraba” it means farmer.

Waiting for shotgun nerf.

(ThinkItsClose) #7

@llSquishyll said:

You can if you want. Just go into Steam > right click Dirty Bomb > Properties > click the “Local Files” tab at the top > click “Browse Local Files”. gl hf

(Tom2160) #8

Cool. So where are the balance changes?

(Chris Mullins) #9

@Tom2160 said:

No balance changes in this update, just bug fixes

(JonBongNoJovi) #10

So basically they fixed what should have been correct at time of turtle release and fixed what they messed up in said release , so actually nothing to see here , just a band aid for self inflicted wounds .

(apa3) #11

@XavienX said:

@llSquishyll said:

Yea it’s pretty big for these small changes.

blame unreal engine

(Faraleth) #12

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Fixed bug where the Shield would make enemies too difficult to see when viewed through IR Goggles

Aww, I was kinda hoping this was intentional. Seemed like a nice little counter to Redeye, being able to stand in the open (kinda) and have him be unable to see you.

Any chance of it being considered to be reversed? Was a nice “feature” imho :stuck_out_tongue:

(Tom2160) #13

@stayfreshshoe said:

Can we get some info about when balance changes will be done? I’m pretty sure most players are tired of this crappy broken meta.

(XP_Expert) #14

@stayfreshshoe said:

@Tom2160 said:

will next update is balance patch?

(ScorpionMaster) #15

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Fixed bug where a player could get stuck in the item throwing animation until their reserve was depleted

Oh my god a fix for this finally! Thank you. It was so annoying trying to throw just 1 or 2 ammo packs and half the time it just throws the rest of them down too.

(watsyurdeal) #16

You forgot something

• Realigned the sights on all weapons so they are lined up with the crosshair

Take your time though, I am in no hurry

(Considerably) #17

Also there’s been a fair few times I’ve dropped the shield, but it doesn’t actually drop and I still get a cooldown. And that sucks.

(Noir) #18

Was hoping for some more :frowning:

(NexDroid) #19

@stayfreshshoe said:

Wow amazing! This is the most annoying thing that used to happen.

(ImSploosh) #20

Melee fixes!? Yes SD. Thanks.