Wargaming and Splash Damage team up for brand-new projects

(Marbles) #1

Hello there,

Today we’re thrilled to finally announce that we’ve teamed up with Wargaming to work on brand-new projects. With both studios avid players of each other’s games, it’s a partnership we’re very excited about!

You can take a look at the full Press Release here: http://www.splashdamage.com/press/splash-damage-and-wargaming-join-forces

With the collaboration in full swing it’s the perfect time for ambitious and talented individuals to make their mark, so if you’ve got the passion to work in an industry leading collaboration, then take a look at the open positions below at our London based studio: http://www.splashdamage.com/careers

Let us know what you think about the exciting news below in the comments.

-Marbles

(tokamak) #2

Feeling really anxious about this. Their customer support is ghastly. Made me quit their games years ago.

(rookie1) #3

Beside the mutual flatery like with first annoncement with Nexon :stuck_out_tongue:
Am I thrill? …no . Meaning various little mobile free games here and There?.
Bring Me a Look a Like ET:QW game That would be still playable if servers goes down (SP mode)
And it will get my attemtion …But the “new Projects” doesn’t say much

(tokamak) #4

Bethesda owns ETQW. I’d give my spleen for an anniversary edition as the game isn’t accessible to mortal folk anymore.

(DarkangelUK) #5

Well that’s an ‘interesting’ team up to say the least, seems like vastly different genres coming together. All I know about Wargaming is their recent spat when they were called out for being blatant pay 2 win by selling a tank that could only be purchased with real money that had no weak spots, then trying to get their long time supporter youtube channel shutdown with a copyright claim… hmmm

(rookie1) #6

Look a like tokamak. .meaning All SD New stuff but similar to etqw

(light_sh4v0r) #7

Ok. I’ve never been interested in their games, but they are popular so I hope it results in some money making projects for you :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #8

Even bought some Onyx (Obsidian?) cards!

Fair enough. I guess the best bet would be for them to create such a vast multiplayer experience for another franchise, like they do for Gears of War but more humongous. The Quake universe is a sentimental bonus but I’d gladly drive around a ‘hog’ in the Paragon, or Division or RAGE (oh wait, Bethesda again) or even Overwatch universe. As long as the core principles and feel are the same, can’t mess with perfection.

I just think Bethesda is seriously missing a trick by not republishing Quake Wars on their new platform.

The game without the P2W shenanigans is great. The community is even more amazing, fantastic subreddit as well. They also have a strained relationship with Wargames. So I guess that’s something we have in common with them.

(DarkangelUK) #9

Of course, that’s if you sweep under the carpet the tank with no weak spots that can only be damaged by premium ammunition then trying to DMCA take down the youtuber that pointed it out…

(Ancymon0) #10

Oh Splash, please tell these potatos from wargaming that they have to fix everything in your way, also 25% rng is circus on wheels. If they dont reduce crap factor of their game, dont even bother cooperating with them, because they will leave only bad smell behind you

(tokamak) #11

SD survived the stench of Activision and Nexon. They’ll manage.

(DarkangelUK) #12

I think it’s more the reputation they’re building for themselves by continually aligning with companies that have questionable practices.

(Nail) #13

lol, according to the snowflakes left over from the Nexon fiasco, SD is always ripping people off

(Raviolay) #14

If it puts food on the table who cares? If it’s going to be set in the World of… setting it will be more of a case of fire and forget for the company IMO. They will never own the IP, and they need work so I guess it will be another Gears of War type of job. Where they will do the grunt work, and after a time hand off the project. Possibly collecting some royalties well after the work has finished from micro-transaction sales for a time.

(REA987) #15

So, shall we expect premium stroyent for lacerators? Jokes aside, if I really want to play those first person “war games”; instead of “World of X”, I would prefer War Thunder which supports more system including GNU/Linux.

(eitsch0r) #16

Hi Marbles,

[QUOTE=Marbles;566329]Hello there,
[…] then take a look at the open positions below at our London based studio: http://www.splashdamage.com/careers: […]
[/QUOTE]
There is a : in your URL which makes it point to some 404. Maybe you might want to change that. Or leave it in … if that presents a challenge to a prospect, then you do not want that person anyways :smiley:

[QUOTE=Marbles;566329]
[…] Let us know what you think about the exciting news here.

-Marbles[/QUOTE]

I am a bit irritated by the Trademark-Display in Dirtybomb Splashscreen shown below … does that mean that Wargaming now owns the rights to DB as ET:QW is owned by Bethesda? The Pressmumbojumbo only mentions superexciting new projects as target for collaboration, how about DB?

cheers
H

(Mustang) #17

Which one irritates you?

Doubt they’d make such a big deal of buying it back only to turn around and instantly re-sell it, I read it as this is for new/unannounced project(s) and has absolutely zero impact on DB.

(DarkangelUK) #18

I genuinely would’ve liked to see them work with Digital Extremes for some funky Warframe class based objective PvP mode. From what I’ve seen Warframe’s PvP is a bit lackluster and generally avoided, and since they’re all owned by the same company then why not!

(light_sh4v0r) #19

Wargaming != Warchest
Warchest is a Splash Damage thing.

(DarkangelUK) #20

[QUOTE=eitsch0r;566377]
I am a bit irritated by the Trademark-Display in Dirtybomb Splashscreen shown below … does that mean that Wargaming now owns the rights to DB as ET:QW is owned by Bethesda? The Pressmumbojumbo only mentions superexciting new projects as target for collaboration, how about DB?

cheers
H[/QUOTE]

As light_sh4v0r said you’re confused, WarChest isn’t Wargaming.