Most Recent Awards:

old man trying to game a bit

many years ago i enjoyed fast paced shooters immensely. i still do from time to time. but in the evening i'd like to just chill out a bit, relax if you will. dirty bomb is a very fast paced, intense experience. while i do enjoy the game for what it is, it's very exhausting.

so i was wondering is there or are there plans to maybe add a merc that's maybe a bit more on the slow side? someone that can soak some shots but is not as strong. maybe a tanky supporter. something like that?

maybe you have some other suggestions for me. i just want to play without being all stressed out. just want to get into a few matches and have a fun time.
    It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, its what it is, ok?
    Keep that in mind at all times. Thank you. - Bill Hicks

Re: old man trying to game a bit

Rhino, Fragger and Thunder aren't tanky enough for you?

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4 GHz
    Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32 GB @ 3200 MHz
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti @ 1469 MHz | 372.20 (30th August 2016)
    Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 2407WFP @ 1920x1200 (16:10)
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Peripherals: K70 RGB 'Sails'; Mionix Naos 8200; Ergodex DX1

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Rhino, Fragger and Thunder aren't tanky enough for you?
    I wouldn't exactly call them a support character. If I understood him right he wants to play a supporter that doesn't require him to bunny hop around, to get in shotgun range or to avoid being blasted out of his squishy shoes (aka Aura and Sparks). But I think Sawbonez and Phoenix are reasonably strong when you stay behind the frontline and make sure you have enough heal for yourself.

I absolutely hate Rambo-medics who only heal themselves and play uber-aggressive, but there is nothing wrong with reserving a Sawbonez pack for yourself or use the healing pulse only on yourself if you need it.

You might try a different approach in the game. After all this game promotes very flexible merc use. Try and stay out of firefights, but help set a 'safe perimeter' behind a corner where your teammates can fall back to. Nothing wrong with a conservative medic

Most Recent Awards:

I think Mustang was closer to what I think this gentleman desires in a merc, but I would narrow it to just Rhino. No hyper-movement skills needed. Just position yourself well, and mow down noobs.
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Pro 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 5930K @ 4.2 GHz (OC)
    Memory: 32GB DDR4 Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M2 Drive
    Graphics: Nvidea GTX 1080Ti FTW3 - 2560 x 1600 (32 bit) (144Hz) - 06/2017

He is right though that there is no reason there shouldn't be a merc that is tanky yet not an assault. With tanky I obviously mean high hit points/dmg resistance.

All the medics are kind of squishy. But then again, you want a fast medic for obvious reasons.

Maybe introduce Turtle as a medic with an actual shell