OBSIDIAN CARD !!!

(PD_Agent47) #1

Will the Dirty bomb giveaway Obsidian card again ??? i love that loadout … i saw a lvl 4 player having an Obsidian card for Sawbonez … how did he get it ?? Nevermind will the obsidian giveaway be back ???

I don’t know all the details but I know you could get one obsidian card at the beginning of 2015 by participating in some sort of stress test.

In the early stages of Dirty Bomb development you could support the developers by buying the founder packs. Depending on the price you got a certain number of founder loadout cards. There were founder trinkets as well.

After the release of the containment war update you could get a free Phoenix obsidian by logging in.
That is if you had him unlocked until the Event hit. Otherwise you got him for free. :slight_smile:

(PeneTraitor) #3

Early Alpha/Beta and founders(preordered before f2p) got obsidians. <3 my founders fragger!

(KorpKyuuSama) #4

I got a obsidian Vassili from Apha, and Phoenix from the mini event.

To answer your question, yes, there will be more. As of when and how, nobody knows, SD does not think that far ahead.

(Pacmikey) #6

Your forum post titles remind me of nearly every single Dirty Bomb youtuber.

(N8o) #7

Can’t get any of the founder’s cards anymore, but there may be new obsidians down the line.

(NightingaleZ0) #8

I don’t think they will release them again since it is kind of limited and if they do it’ll piss off those who got them in the first place. Having said that I want them and would love to drop hundreds in cash to get them all lol >.> fk I am insane.

(blissfulUrn) #9

I don’t think they will release them again since it is kind of limited and if they do it’ll piss off those who got them in the first place. Having said that I want them and would love to drop hundreds in cash to get them all lol >.> fk I am insane. [/quote]

I doubt it will *iss off those who already got a few having a chance at another card for a different merc is probly quite appealing to most people that own one or more obsidian already

(DB Genome editor) #10

They only released Obsidians for 6 of the 18 current mercs (well 7 if you count the Founders), it would be very surprising if the others didn’t get their turn at something exclusive somewhere down the road… :wink:

(Occult) #11

stress test obsidian arty :slight_smile:

(Jostabeere) #12

I expect one Obsidian for every merc tbh.

(NightingaleZ0) #13

If they release them again I’ll buy the s*** out of them and catch them all lol.

(MatteMG) #14

Are you sure It wasn’t a Swiss gold, rather than an Obsidian, if not then was it the Phoenix one most people got?

(DB Genome editor) #15

The Phoenix that was given to everyone that had him already unlocked during the CW event was indeed an Obsidian.

(XavienX) #16

There were Founder’s Obsidian cards with literal different skins that had different masks and clothing and had orange tints. Closed Beta players like me participated in Stress Test Weekends to see if the transition to Steam servers from Nexon would work and were awarded with either an Obsidian Proxy, Arty, Fragger or Sawbonez that had tints of grey and red added but didn’t have different clothing like founders. The Phoenix Obsidian was similar to style as the Closed Beta cards.

(RazielWarmonic) #17

I was running around with a Founder’s Sawbonez the other day… But not an Obsidian one.

Regardless, Obsidians are something we reserve for super special events. I can’t guarantee the past ones will ever be released again, if they are, when. They were mostly reserved to give people who played in Closed Beta something to show for it, the original ones at least. But as more mercs are released, more Obsidians may pop up! :slight_smile:

(Nail) #18

[quote=“RazielWarmonic;132420”]I was running around with a Founder’s Sawbonez the other day… But not an Obsidian one.

[/quote]

HUH ???

all founders cards are Obsidian

(Jostabeere) #19

[quote=“Nail;132814”][quote=“RazielWarmonic;132420”]I was running around with a Founder’s Sawbonez the other day… But not an Obsidian one.

[/quote]

HUH ???

all founders cards are Obsidian[/quote]

Edit: Ye, they are.

(RazielWarmonic) #20

[quote=“Nail;132814”][quote=“RazielWarmonic;132420”]I was running around with a Founder’s Sawbonez the other day… But not an Obsidian one.

[/quote]

HUH ???

all founders cards are Obsidian[/quote]

That is true. :S But there is Beta(?) Obsidian, and then there is Founder’s Obsidian, so generally I just refer to them as Founder’s and Obsidian, makes it less confusing to me. ._.

I guess that is an error on my part as well, because the symbol in the top left is different as well.