New Video: Ranked Season 3

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

Why are you reading this?! Ranked Season 3 is live! Watch our video, update your game and get ranked with your squad!

Ranked Season 3 Update Notes: http://www.dirtybomb.com/news/2017-06-13_ranked-season-3/

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(TitaniumRapture) #2

ARMY OF WASPS

(bgyoshi) #3

@TitaniumRapture said:
ARMY OF WASPS

Ranked Beeson Bee

GET YOUR BEE ON

(Jamarlie) #4

Tried one ranked match today, got matched against two Rhinos and an Aura.
Yeah no you guys can f right off with that. Season 3 is starting right where Season 2 left off, and not in a good sense. I stopped playing ranked matches because of this and I still violently refuse to even touch ranked until you nerf Rhino to the death and beyond. Purge this brain dead left click holding
Why is he in the game to being with anyway? His sluggish brain dead play style go against the high pace gameplay that I love about Dirty Bomb so much that I have a hard time understanding why he is in the game to being with

(SnakekillerX) #5

@Jamarlie said:
Yeah no you guys can f right off with that. Season 3 is starting right where Season 2 left off, and not in a good sense. I stopped playing ranked matches because of this and I still violently refuse to even touch ranked until you nerf Rhino to the death and beyond. Purge this brain dead left click holding
Why is he in the game to being with anyway? His sluggish brain dead play style go against the high pace gameplay that I love about Dirty Bomb so much that I have a hard time understanding why he is in the game to being with

There are many counters for Rhino, and several for Aura stations… some of which are the same.

If you run into that team composition often then change your loadout accordingly.
Complaining that the whole season is a bust from day one because the enemy team out played you is just dumb.

(Jamarlie) #6

@Jamarlie said:

There are many counters for Rhino, and several for Aura stations… some of which are the same.

If you run into that team composition often then change your loadout accordingly.
Complaining that the whole season is a bust from day one because the enemy team out played you is just dumb.

Found the first guy to use this Rhino-Aura meta :^)
Doesn’t have something to do with being outplayed, it has something to do with being overpowered, literally nothing more. If they are in a team and communicate there’s literally no way of beating this after already having chosen your mercs. And even if you kill them, guess what, 25 sec max and they are back in action rumbling through your team like a pack of hungry wolves.
The key to a perfectly balanced game is not “Just change loadouts/mercs”, it’s being able to play every merc without compromising on your chances of winning and even having a reasonable chance of outplaying a merc that counters you.

It’s also not just that, whoever made this ranked mode clearly doesn’t know a lot about competitive modes. Like, Dirty Bomb has a perfectly fine and valuable competitive mode in the Execution mode that it could use to play out rankeds.
Instead we have what is essentially a 5v5 pub match with endless respawns and about as much tactical and competitive value as CoD.
Not to mention that Stopwatch is just a terribly long drawn out mode that most people don’t even seem to enjoy at all. 95% of the comments in the halftime in pub matches are simply: “Oh yeah, forgot I was playing THAT mode”.
It’s also not just that. There has literally been nothing done to fix people leaving for example, you’re just left with one less teammate for the rest of the match, nice one. Other games at least present you with a bot in that scenario or a “match is now free to leave” warning.
And that were just 3 things out of a huge list of points that I could complain about. Don’t see why I should ever even touch ranked in this game anymore and I won’t ever or at least until they finally use the bloody execution mode as a ranked standard.

(TitaniumRapture) #7

@Jamarlie said:
And that were just 3 things out of a huge list of points that I could complain about. Don’t see why I should ever even touch ranked in this game anymore and I won’t ever or at least until they finally use the bloody execution mode as a ranked standard.

Wondering why you are still here because it will never happen. Most of the people here do not play Execution at all (me included). This game is about completing objectives. That is why you got classes. Some of them do not fit Execution at all.