Thread: Update Server Down

Update Server Down

As 7th June 2017, the update server of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is down. When you launch the game, a small message appears at the bottom of the screen:

Code:
    The update server could not be reached.
    You can check for updates at: http://www.enemyterritory.com/
    Ekran Görüntüsü 2017-06-07 02-15-09.jpg

As authentication server and master server are online, that is not a big issue. But knowing that we are about the reach the 10th anniversary, that kind of signs scare me...

Here are the servers' status as 7th June 2017:

Authentication Server: Online
    Master Server: Online
    Update Server: Offline
    PunkBuster Server: Offline
    Last edited by REA987; 7th Jun 2017 at 00:19. Reason: Pic added.

Re: Update Server Down

Hey calm down man, the game is all good. i joined a server and played a bit and its all fine.
    Don't ever scare us like that again.
    + I got that message many times
    Last edited by CaliberWorkz; 7th Jun 2017 at 08:52.

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

As I have stated, authentication server and master server are online; so the game runs just fine. But that is the first time that I receive update server error. I got that message on GNU/Linux, not sure about Windows or macOS though...

Oh, i guess i just misunderstood your post. Anyway, i've been getting that message for years btw.

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

It's been down for years as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    It's been down for years as far as I know.
    Then it went down for Linux most recently. Cause, I haven't seen that message before and was able to download 1.5 update within the game at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by REA987 View Post
    Then it went down for Linux most recently. Cause, I haven't seen that message before and was able to download 1.5 update within the game at the beginning of the year.
    I know they promised to get it up again a few months ago, maybe it just went down again.

As 28th June 2017, update server is up; at least for Linux.