Bug ? Hack ? What ?

(edxot) #1

Yesterday I was watching a game, as spectator, and then noticed this:
A plant on final objective, with 38 seconds left on the clock. Charges used to take 40 seconds to explode, so i got really surprised to see that the charge exploded in time and victory went to the attacking team.
This was at the second map on that campaign, and during the 3rd map, the result showed was 2-1, as if 3 maps were already played.

You can watch demo of it (takes 8 minutes):
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/667736/demo_00178.ndm

Anyone has any explanation to this ?

(REA987) #2

Well, last two seconds part is a bit weird, yes. I am no means expert but as far as I know every map has different GDF and Strogg victory videos which might take couple seconds to load, I am really not sure. Sometimes, one of the teams blows or fails to blow the final objective but the fight keeps going on 2-3 more seconds. Besides; timings, hit points and pretty much everything can be changed via mods but as I detected some familiar nicknames, the server should be one of the European vanilla servers; so it shouldn’t be a mod. I guess that is a lag related bug which caused an error on campaign scores. BTW, for the love of Strogg, please use a decent cloud service such as Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Dropbox, etc…

(edxot) #3

I was going to say something like:
So, everything is ok, the timing, the score, etc … Except the file hosting.

But now I realized that the thing requires you to provide an e-mail adress to download the file. That’s not cool.

I was going to repost the file in one of the other services, but they seem to require as much, if not more, bureaucracy.

Off-topic:
Even worse, just noticed that personal files I had attached in some e-mails, are just available in google cloud.
Isn’t this completely retarded ? Someone hacking my e-mail would have to browse all the e-mails if searching for files. But now, it looks like google already did the hard work for them … GRRR
I just wonder how bad this internet thing is going to get, before it starts to get any better.

(REA987) #4

I have just remember that I played a stopwatch game on Ark with promod. The attacker team failed to destroy the bioscanner but the game kept going for 2-3 more seconds.

Well, I use Yandex.Disk to store public files such as screenshots, installer etc… As it is a Russian site, it has almost no copyright concerns, it provides 10 gb free storage and it keeps the files in place forever.

(edxot) #5

where can i report that my thread got hijacked by russian “file storing” spammers ?

back on-topic, not sure what’s worse:

• nobody gave a damn about it in the game.
  • nobody gives a damn here.
  • lame hacker could not make it, without leaving evidence in the campaign score (wow, bugs anywhere you turn).

so, have decided to quit this game definitely.
at least it was good to know how advanced the spyware technology has became.

(light_sh4v0r) #6

I feel sorry for you. You should invest in some powerful cyber security since it seems you’re targeted by hackers way more than anyone else in the world.
Why you think anyone would go through the trouble of hacking the campaign score for an almost 10 year old game is beyond me…

(edxot) #7

Then its only my imagination ?
And what about the demo ?

PS:
And why are south koreans playing a game with almost 20 years ? (starcraft)
And what about the sentence in huge letters, that can be read above this post ?

(light_sh4v0r) #8

I believe it happened, it’s just a bit exhausting to find a monthly thread about your random hackusations.
It’s a bug, and even if it isn’t why make such a fuss about it? You had a great game that was very close, so what’s the problem again?

(Nail) #9

the problem is :

(Chronicler) #10

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;564900]I feel sorry for you. You should invest in some powerful cyber security since it seems you’re targeted by hackers way more than anyone else in the world.
Why you think anyone would go through the trouble of hacking the campaign score for an almost 10 year old game is beyond me…[/QUOTE]

Because they want to beat exdot obviously.

(edxot) #11

what a bunch of idiots
i wasn’t even playing, just spectator

@light_sh4v0r
you don’t have to believe anything, watch the demo and then give your opinion if you have one.
it’s not about me, if there is a fuss you’re making it.
“i had a great game” ??? what are you talking about ?

@Nail
10 k posts like this.
keep it going, someday someone might notice your existence.

@Chronicler

• they can’t beat me when i am spectator …
  • spell my name properly.
  • did you already delete that sentence where you were saying that i was kicked out of TAW ?
  • and btw, are you still pissed because of what happened last time you invited me to play in taw server ? that time that i said: hope this invitation is not an excuse to try to boss me around and ban me later ? because you disconnected so fast …

(Chronicler) #12

[QUOTE=edxot;564932]what a bunch of idiots
i wasn’t even playing, just spectator

@light_sh4v0r
you don’t have to believe anything, watch the demo and then give your opinion if you have one.
it’s not about me, if there is a fuss you’re making it.
“i had a great game” ??? what are you talking about ?

@Nail
10 k posts like this.
keep it going, someday someone might notice your existence.

@Chronicler

• they can’t beat me when i am spectator …
  • spell my name properly.
  • did you already delete that sentence where you were saying that i was kicked out of TAW ?
  • and btw, are you still pissed because of what happened last time you invited me to play in taw server ? that time that i said: hope this invitation is not an excuse to try to boss me around and ban me later ? because you disconnected so fast …[/QUOTE]

The only time I can remember writing about you being kicked out of TAW was when you wrote something/something happened that made me bring up.

What probably happened is that I invited the people in my friendlist online when starting up our TAW EU Public, and then left because I wasn’t going to play. I usually do that even if I don’t join our events.

(edxot) #13

@Chronicler
https://steamcommunity.com/app/10000/discussions/0/617328415069953376/

(1elkubik) #14

As far as I can tell from provided info (I’m not giving out my email address) the game does include over time for objective and first round stopwatch.

(Chronicler) #15

[QUOTE=edxot;564986]@Chronicler
https://steamcommunity.com/app/10000/discussions/0/617328415069953376/[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I already stated I made that comment because of comments you made about TAW.

(edxot) #16

but you had no problem giving it to create that new account.
btw, new account created just to reply to this thread.
don’t you feel lucky you were retarded enough to get an answer ?

@Chronicler
there are plenty of people making comments about taw, next time pick another.
btw, your false allegations wont help you getting members.

(taw_m0nsta) #17

[QUOTE=edxot;564717]Yesterday I was watching a game, as spectator, and then noticed this:
A plant on final objective, with 38 seconds left on the clock. Charges used to take 40 seconds to explode, so i got really surprised to see that the charge exploded in time and victory went to the attacking team.
This was at the second map on that campaign, and during the 3rd map, the result showed was 2-1, as if 3 maps were already played.

You can watch demo of it (takes 8 minutes):
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/667736/demo_00178.ndm

Anyone has any explanation to this ?[/QUOTE]
I am pretty sure there is a reward that improves the charges time with 2 seconds. I have seen many many times that it can take 38 seconds plant (especially on BBA server)

(edxot) #18

you are wrong. there is a reward to plant faster, not to explode faster.
but even if there was, it would not explain the wrong score (2-1) during last map.

(taw_m0nsta) #19

[QUOTE=taw_m0nsta;565023]Charges used to take 40 seconds to explode[/QUOTE] I am pretty sure you can win the game with an active charge and 38 seconds left on the counter. I havn’t checked out the the config or can explain the wrong score. Maybe it was this score or a crash on the server… Maybe a server config, lag, or a campaign file overwritten some of these settings.

(edxot) #20

wow

are you into politics ?
or sales ?