Mouse Instability

(alphabeta) #1

Is it just me or since the last update have others noticed a great deal of instability in their mouse? I feel like I have to reset my sensitivity almost every time I start the game. I thought maybe it was the mouse (Ikari Steel Series Laser Mouse) but I replaced it and still have the same problem.

(K1X455) #2

Does your mouse seem grainy/jittery?

What sensitivity are you using?

DPI/CPI setting?

(edxot) #3

I remember your nick from ETQW, and this alone means something. You are not just a retard looking for attention/stats, but someone indeed playing the game to win it (and effectively doing so).

I had same problem recently. And if not mistaken, it only happened in american servers. BBA to be more precise, when playing ETQW.

Your question, without any additional knowledge would suggest that the bridge between north and south bridge in your motherboard is saturated. What is usually called a bottleneck. CPU is connected to the north bridge, mouse is connected to the south bridge, so it stops responding every time the chipset is saturated.
This problem exists whenever you have a bridge between a fast and a slow BUS (this case between FSB and the other i can’t remember its name).
This is a typical problem in the internet too. Routers have to buffer packets when they receive them in a fast connection, and have to deliver them to a slower connection.

I also noticed that you don’t provide the motherboard name in your profile, meaning, you thought it was not important. And that’s the reason I assume the problem is there.

To put things together, this is what I think happened:
You got a rootkit in your computer that is trying to take screenshots when you are firing. This causes the chipset to get saturated because data is being saved from memory to disc.

Concerning the rootkit thing, I don’t expect you can remove it. Even more when your motherboard includes a thing called “Intel Active Management Technology”. Which has more privileges than the BIOS itself. And also, has a MAJOR fail in authentication mechanism (discovered recently). Which allows an attacker to provide an empty string to bypass its security based on certificates and asymmetric keys.

PS: I was assuming you had the same problem I got, mouse freezing instantly in the middle of firefights. Now i read your post again, and it may be something different.

(alphabeta) #4

Yes a little different. The problem apparently was “mouse acceleration” from Windows. After turning off “mouse smoothing” in Windows 10 Control Panel it seem better.