FAQ-ing Fridays #4 - 12th May, 2017

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

Welcome to FAQ-ing Fridays number 4!

If you didn’t know, what we’re doing every Friday is combining all of the juicy dev replies we’ve done during the week into one central space so no-one will be out of the loop with anything we say. As always all feedback is welcome and if you can think of a way to improve this further let us know.

We also saw after last weeks FAQ-ing Friday that you guys posted a LOT of questions in the comments, so we’ll see what we can do to get back to you on those (and the new ones we expect on this post too).

So here we go:

Facebook

Suzume - Help! When I open the game it looks at a resolution of 1440x999999999999999999px

This is very odd. You can change this outside of the game though by editing your config files. Go to My Documents, then My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config\ShooterEngine.ini, search for ResX and ResY and put your desired width and height, respectively, in there (usually 1920x1080 depending on your monitor and preferences). If this fails, submit a ticket to our support team

Rene - Why is it that we lose 45-50 % when losing a match in ranked but only gain 10-20 % when winning?

The amount of prgresss you gain or lose is determined by several factors including: personal performance during the match, relative skill of the two teams and recent win/loss ratio.

Prafull - It would be cool if you could show off kills, revives, enemy spotted etc. to the Mercs profiles

This is a cool idea! We want to add more progression mechanics to the game, along with ways for you to show off cool stats.

Jacob - I just downloaded the game earlier and I tried to do the Tutorial but this always pop’s out (out of video memory)

Try lowering your graphic settings to the minimal possible.

Guigui - The game needs more characters, the matchmaking must be repaired/improved and characters/loadouts should be custom by the players

Have no fear, we’ll be getting more Mercs in the game, Matchmaking is receiving a load of improvements for Season 3. As for character and Loadout customisation, it’s always a possibility, but for now not a focus.

Twitter

Cedi Gaming - Make reporting people for spam and stuff in Dirty Bomb casual games possible!

We definitely want to, but the devs that would do that work are currently focused on improving other areas of the game.

TheTrollsCreed - Any news on the region lock?

Not yet. As we’ve said before, we want to improve the overall game experience before expanding to new regions.

vulduv - Why is pausing in competitive even a thing? And why does it do it straight away? It’s awkward

Numerous reasons. If players want to pause to discuss strats, if someone has disconnected and they want to see if they come back without playing a player down… And the game needs to pause immediately as we don’t have rounds in Ranked. Because the vote has been on screen, those players will know the pause is happening. It can be a little jerky, but it’s a necessity of the feature.

Reddit

messg5ryu - My school blocks steam over the wifi so I can’t play any online steam games

Not that we advertise playing at school…but as someone else suggested a VPN would be the answer. However, Steam can be a bit funny if you play over VPN so use at your own risk.

RobbeSch - Problem: When running on 144Hz there’s smoothness AND my video settings stuck with WINDOWED ON.

Sounds like this could be a read-only or corrupted config issue. Try deleting you configs and booting the game. When in game too, use this command to set your resolution: setres 1920x1080f. If that fails, get in touch with our support team

zealous-panda - Are the bundles worth it?

Definitely. I may be biased in this… but they are a godo deal if you wanna pick up a few Mercs quickly. There’s also the Down and Dirty Starter Pack available too whcih includes Engineer Proxy, Sniper Vassili, Minigunner Rhino and the Explodey Nader

kambahkid - Lately come up against a lot of low level players with extrasensory perception. Seem to know where enemy is located to an absurd degree. Could be smurfs with great audio recognition, but still. If I was running hacks,
I’d go for subtle, and wall hacks meet that definition. Anyone else or is it just my paranoia?

More than likely it’s paranoia. If you want to make sure though, the best thing you can do is use the in-game reporting system. We review these and make sure action is taken where appropriate. To do this, hold tab, click your mouse, right click the player name, click report and follow the steps.

nibbl - Anyone know if the ranked points reset once S3 starts

They stay on your account and any remaining points will carry over to the next season

Dirty Bomb Forums

toastytoast - I found a Diamond Card in the game files. What is it?

This was one of our early prototypes for Cobalt cards, and is now just a remnant

Thanks,
shoe.

(OwynTyler) #2

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-36465”]Rene - Why is it that we lose 45-50 % when losing a match in ranked but only gain 10-20 % when winning?

The amount of prgresss you gain or lose is determined by several factors including: personal performance during the match, relative skill of the two teams and recent win/loss ratio.[/quote]

But is it normal\expected or not? Because it happens most of the time

(Mc1412013) #3

Um wow the dirtybomb forums get no love i this faqing friday yet all the other places get all the love

(frostyvampire) #4

[quote=“OwynTyler;c-227643”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-36465”]Rene - Why is it that we lose 45-50 % when losing a match in ranked but only gain 10-20 % when winning?

The amount of prgresss you gain or lose is determined by several factors including: personal performance during the match, relative skill of the two teams and recent win/loss ratio.[/quote]

But is it normal\expected or not? Because it happens most of the time[/quote]

@OwynTyler
You are probably either performing poorly or your team’s rank is a lot higher than the enemy’s and you still lose.
For me, I usually gain more elo for a win than I lose for a loss so it’s probably just you.

(Mc1412013) #5

[quote=“frostyvampire;c-227679”][quote=“OwynTyler;c-227643”][quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-36465”]Rene - Why is it that we lose 45-50 % when losing a match in ranked but only gain 10-20 % when winning?

But is it normal\expected or not? Because it happens most of the time[/quote]

@OwynTyler
You are probably either performing poorly or your team’s rank is a lot higher than the enemy’s and you still lose.
For me, I usually gain more elo for a win than I lose for a loss so it’s probably just you.[/quote]

Nope i loose more then gain too

(pumpkinmeerkat) #6

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;d-36465”]RobbeSch - Problem: When running on 144Hz there’s smoothness AND my video settings stuck with WINDOWED ON.

Sounds like this could be a read-only or corrupted config issue. Try deleting you configs and booting the game. When in game too, use this command to set your resolution: setres 1920x1080f. If that fails, get in touch with our support team
[/quote]

@stayfreshshoe any more suggestions for this? None of these fixed this issue for me. Support has not provided a solution either.

(AlbinMatt) #7

There’s a pause for Ranked?

(K1X455) #8

Will it be too much to ask for a server date and time stamp to appear close to the server name and Map so snapshots can be time stamped?

(TheOmniscient) #9

May we finally get that sweet Pineapple Juggler buff? It could be so fun if it was useless, and it drags down some of our special editions and old school cards currently. Please revive this perk, it has potential! ^^

(JonBongNoJovi) #10

How about you fix your AFK system