New Dev Video: Threesomes Allowed

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

Ever wanted to play with two or three friends in Ranked? You’re in luck!

Dockyard Previews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYp7U6tKDcSe71mr51JT9w9jSjRBrn5xV
‘7 New-Player Dirty Bomb Tips & Tricks!’ by LCTR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lGdwdnyWB0

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
"font-size:20"shoe.

(Xenithos) #2

I wonder if Splash Damage is going to ever realize they broke the forums. Besides the edit bug popping up, their youtube links they post aren’t working and letting us view it on the forums, and the “size” BBCode is no longer working…

(Mc1412013) #3

Would still like to see lan servet mode where i could paly offline with friends on the same network or a peer to peer mode

(Mc1412013) #4

Lol thought it was my phone. Before i could view in forums but now tapping on it opens the yt page

(frostyvampire) #5

Why don’t you try doing what Blizzard did in Overwatch?
Leaving your second (or later) ranked match will result in a 75% xp and credits penalty in all gamemodes for X time (maybe 3 ingame hours or start with 1 hour and increase the time if you abandon more games up to 12 hours, you can think of something yourself)

If you leave only 1 match, you will only receive an abandon penalty but no xp/credit penalty because it’s not fair to people who get DC’d.
Playing Y full ranked matches (I think 10 games fair but again, your choice) will allow you to abandon another match without receiving the 75% xp/credit penalty.

So let’s say you played a casual match that lasted 10 minutes and earned 8,000xp in that game. You won the game and were topscore
After the match is over:
You will only receive 45 credits and 2000 xp for it (12 * 10 * 1.5 * 0.25 credits | 8000 * 0.25 xp).
Credit boosters will remain unaffected (so if you had a credit booster active that game, you will receive 180 + 45 = 225 credits because boosters won’t be affected by the penalty).
The xp penalty will also be applied only after the match is over so you won’t be bottomscore at all times as that would just make everyone think you’re bad and it will stop you from getting the extra few credits which makes it even worse

Also would be nice if you gave some bonus to the team that had a leaver. Maybe decreased elo loss (or increased gain if they manage to win the 4v5 game).
Or some free ranked points for the unfair game.

TL;DR: if you rage quit from ranked, you receive 75% less xp and credits from games for X time

(TheStrangerous) #6

A new map can keep me interested for like maybe 2 weeks, until the staleness of the current meta gameplay/merc balance kicks in again :expressionless:
The playerbase reception can either make or break the map, like it happened to Dome.

Looks like DB’s in for a long hiatus, due to summer block, I don’t expect Heist before fall.

(GatoCommodore) #7

[quote=“TheStrangerous;c-227085”]A new map can keep me interested for like maybe 2 weeks, until the staleness of the current meta gameplay/merc balance kicks in again :expressionless:
The playerbase reception can either make or break the map, like it happened to Dome.

Looks like DB’s in for a long hiatus, due to summer block, I don’t expect Heist before fall.[/quote]

fall 2020

along with turtle

(Mc1412013) #8

Threesome hmmm… ill do proxy and aimee no wait aimee and sparkles wait damn it can i make it a quad way

(TitaniumRapture) #9

[quote=“TheStrangerous;c-227085”]A new map can keep me interested for like maybe 2 weeks, until the staleness of the current meta gameplay/merc balance kicks in again :expressionless:

Looks like DB’s in for a long hiatus, due to summer block, I don’t expect Heist before fall.[/quote]

2 weeks with one map? you need a lot of games right? :smiley:

(OwynTyler) #10

Ever wanted to play with two or three friends in Ranked?

I always wanted to NOT be matched against premades when I’m not a premade, so now instead of being matched to premades of 2 players I’m gonna get stomped even harder by 3 or 4?

(Your worst knifemare.) #11

Now i can die with more friends, though isnt it a little late since ranked ends in only a month?

[spoiler]@mc1412013 i personally prefer the sparps kawaii combo.[/spoiler]

(n-x) #12

[quote=“Lord_Coctus;c-227108”]Now i can die with more friends, though isnt it a little late since ranked ends in only a month?

[spoiler]@mc1412013 i personally prefer the sparps kawaii combo.[/spoiler]

[/quote]

It’s for season 3.

(TheStrangerous) #13

[quote=“TitaniumRapture;c-227098”][quote=“TheStrangerous;c-227085”]A new map can keep me interested for like maybe 2 weeks, until the staleness of the current meta gameplay/merc balance kicks in again :expressionless:

2 weeks with one map? you need a lot of games right? :D[/quote]

I wish, barely any game that comes out interests me, the amount of game I plan to get, can be counted on my foot…

And who knows? Dockyard may flop like Dome, best to play that map extensively and exclusively upon it’s release.

(Chris Mullins) #14

What do you mean? What’s the edit bug? And all the videos play in the forums when I click them. The “size” BBCode we know about, but thanks for letting us know

(Nail) #15

@stayfreshshoe edit bug is getting a spam notice if you edit a post twice in 60 seconds

I can view the videos in forum

(Xenithos) #16

There was literally a thread started about the “edit bug” by Nail…
I’ve been mentioning it and a few others in random threads when it gets annoying. I think I even made a meme about it.

Basically, we’re pretty sure it doesn’t stop you from editing posts and actually saving it, but it won’t let you know that until you open the page up in a different tab. QOL is lower and it’s annoying. As for posts, it does that too, but before you even POST a discussion post it says you’re spamming…

VIDEOS. I don’t know why they’re fixed now. But yesterday, somewhere ~10-30 minutes after you posted the videos in this exact discussion, and whenever videos are posted. They have just a picture you can click, no actual video to watch on the forums. And when you click the little picture, it just puts you on YouTube…

The videos thing has been around for a few days…

(onLooSe) #17

Yes @Xenithos, videos weren’t working for more than a couple of days and I had the same experience. Google Chrome here and from today they are fine again.

(AlbinMatt) #18

So, why did you guys have to change the YouTube title? Was it really THAT inappropriate?

(speedydust) #19

When is this ranked update going to be released?

(Doggerinoz) #20

Finally! Been waiting for this for a while.