Thread: Back to the greatest game of all time...

Back to the greatest game of all time...

I didn't think the Mac version still ran on the latest machines... but (after an audio tweak) it does, so I'm back! And I'm glad to see a few servers still running!

I assume anyone still playing is a hardcore pro beyond what I ever was at my peak.

Now, after years away, what's the best way to jump back in (after some bot refresher time) without "ruining the game" for others?
    Nagromme

Re: Back to the greatest game of all time...

honestly there are a lot bad players. Not trying to be offencive but people who litterly just hide and flyer drone all game or just rocket launcher the whole game so dont worry to much about being bad buddy just enjoy the game as long as you can. hf

You might want to check the 1.5 update for macOS.

http://files.aspyr.com/support/QuakeWars_EFG_1.5.dmg

BTW, can you please specify the sound issue, so I can edit pcgamingwiki page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pliscin-7 View Post
    honestly there are a lot bad players. Not trying to be offencive but people who litterly just hide and flyer drone all game or just rocket launcher the whole game so dont worry to much about being bad buddy just enjoy the game as long as you can. hf
    Thanks! I do recall being decent with the drones... but there's a time they're appropriate and a time they're not!

P.S. I know there's a type of mine you shouldn't put on the objective, but all my old ETQW strategy bookmarks are dead now. I'm 85% sure it's proxy mines = bad, tripline mines = OK. Right...?

Quote Originally Posted by REA987 View Post
    BTW, can you please specify the sound issue, so I can edit pcgamingwiki page.
    Yes, on one (but not both) of my recent Macs there was no sound until I went to Voice in ETQW and choose an output option (such as internal speakers) from both dropdown lists. Then I clicked "Redetect Audio Devices." Then, "Apply," and the sound was fixed.

If I had to guess why the problem only happens on some machines: it may result if you copy your settings from one Mac to another, and the two happen to handle audio output differently behind the scenes? I would guess that a fresh install would be fine, but I like to keep my settings.

(The other issue obviously is that modern Macs have no internal DVD drive, but an external DVD is cheap, barring other workarounds.)
    Nagromme

Rocket launchers and grenade launchers only. really boring and frustrating

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Quote Originally Posted by CaliberWorkz View Post
    Rocket launchers and grenade launchers only. really boring and frustrating
    Well, I haven't encountered grenade launchers a lot but rocket launchers are surely popular. I don't believe the players are to blame here; Splash Damage's tendency to makes players bullet sponge causes that. ETQW might be the most extreme example of that; killing an enemy would take more than half magazine most of the times; considering that Strogg can heal themselves without needing Technician, using rocket launchers for quick kills is a sound idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagromme View Post
    P.S. I know there's a type of mine you shouldn't put on the objective, but all my old ETQW strategy bookmarks are dead now. I'm 85% sure it's proxy mines = bad, tripline mines = OK. Right...?
    Most of the Engineers\Constructors nowadays just throw proxy mines on the floor in the objective, (because they haven't yet discovered the tripmine!) resulting in a huge amount of team kills and lost games, you can't stop this epidemic no matter how hard you try because most of them are illiterate or just bots who never talk... please don't be one of them

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

Quote Originally Posted by REA987 View Post
    Well, I haven't encountered grenade launchers a lot but rocket launchers are surely popular. I don't believe the players are to blame here; Splash Damage's tendency to makes players bullet sponge causes that.
    I agree, just saying that playing against 7 GDF rocket launchers (happened a few days ago) is not my cup of tea

Make etqw great again ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nagromme View Post
    That might help you;

http://www.thesilentservice.net/ETQWDocs/index.html

I guess that is a mirror of now defunct community site of ETQW.

Nice! Thanks for the link. Great refresher.

I'll try to keep proxies out of my teammates' way

And if I put a plasma charge on the MPC, I'll warn my teammates as the timer gets close...
    Nagromme

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlues View Post
    Make etqw great again ..
    Where are you man? come play with me sometimes

Eh bro with university i don't have time, hope next week maybe ��

If you're playing with 6 good players in your team, play the same class, so they will know, what you're doing. Don't play medic/technician, because it's crucial role in defence/offence.
    yesterday was two days ago