Remove shuffle team system

Teams are never balance in objective,execution and stopwatch and when players trying to shuffle nobody agree and when teams are agree to shuffle you get unbalanced teams that nobody is happy so I suggest to remove that system because is useless and only abused by skilled players to beat the noobs.

Re: Remove shuffle team system

Play ranked or casual matchmaking. No shuffle votes in there.

Shuffle teams is a great feature, but it should be renamed to "re-balance" or something like that in order to clearly state what it's actually intended for. I don't think removing the shuffle system would solve any problems. It has already been patched to limit the amount of shuffle attempts that can happen in a match.

I've talked about this issue before on other DB forums but the problem is not the shuffle system - it is simply good sportsmanship vs. bad sportsmanship. I have seen games where a shuffle happens and nothing changes - no one is moved except for a bottom-scoreboard player. I have also seen very good players refuse to shuffle, and insist on playing with very obviously imbalanced teams. The worst is when there is an impending shuffle, and players immediately switch to spectator to avoid the shuffle vote and/or re-stack teams shortly after the shuffle. Players like these truly ruin the shuffle system. They ruin Dirty Bomb. They ruin video games in general. These players care only about their own enjoyment at the expense of others. Worst of all, their anti-shuffle behaviour damages competitive spirit, which is something I think drives games like DB forward in the industry.

On the other hand, I have seen games where if a shuffle fails, or if there's a player-imbalance like 5v6, the best player on the winning team switches over. Sadly it doesn't always change the inevitable result, but if more players thought less selfishly and more about the team, and even more about both teams, we would have a much better community in general. After all, most of us are just here to have a good time. Those of us wanting a bit of competition want more competitive games - and team balance is the only way to achieve this level of competitiveness (apart from organised tournaments of course).

To consider yet another perspective: improve your own skill. Get better, become one of these "skilled players" you talk about, and you won't have to worry about shuffle at all because you'll perform well on any team. Sadly, personal performance isn't rewarded in unranked games, and anyone on a winning team gets rewarded even if they were being a detriment to their own team.

Personally, I always vote yes to shuffle even if a shuffle vote could play against my team, because in my experiences a shuffle has always encouraged more competitive gameplay (even if it is within the last minute of the game). The shuffle system generally creates a more competitive match.

tl;dr there are bad players with bad ethics in every game, sometimes not all players are bad, improve yourself, and always vote yes for a shuffle because shuffle algorithm is correct most of the time.
    With one hand I save life, with the other I take it. Actually it's the same hand, but that don't sound as good.

There needs to be limitations though, I've been in fairly balanced games where my side was winning (stopwatch), with maybe 5 min or so left someone calls shuffle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zar. View Post
    Play ranked or casual matchmaking. No shuffle votes in there.
    Only in Ranked you don't have shuffle system and if you play db then you should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicler View Post
    There needs to be limitations though, I've been in fairly balanced games where my side was winning (stopwatch), with maybe 5 min or so left someone calls shuffle.....
    Must common problem in all three modes objective,stopwatch, execution.
    Last edited by Sytry; 8th Apr 2017 at 19:18.