Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Merc and Weapon balancing ideas

Quote Originally Posted by x3onn View Post
    How much would you decrease burst rifle's ammo capacity? I haven't thought about that. Maybe it could work but I think best way to nerf them is reducing their fire rate or reducing bullet dmg.

I don't know if it would be better to increase Redeye's smoke cooldown, or decrease the time it lasts. It's just really broken ability, always has been, in my opinion. Something should be done to it
    my original post on the subject:
    burst rifles:
    - burst rifles are easily the best guns in the game, high accuracy, high alpha damage, high DPS, great damage falloff stats, viable at all ranges, with a tiny weakness up close
    - balancing the weapon by DPS,RoF or recoil is very hard and place burst rifles back on the UP/OP swing

Proposed nerf - reduced magazine ammo capacity:

- preserves the direct power level and the 'feel' of the burst rifles (which is good atm)
    - pushes burst rifle to a more supportive DPS, as forcing to reload in prolonged duels would be a disadvantage
    - increases the close quarters weakness as being caught on reload is more punishing up close where you cant hide/run
    - makes burst rifle the best weapon for dueling, but a but less strong in large bumrush pushes
    - accents the distinction between burstrifles and LMGs, with M4/Timik in the middle ground
    - imo ammo capcity should go down to 21 - 7 bursts
    I'd do tl;dr, but its as short as it gets

I still want (to try at least) stark to have lower dmg and more range so its same dmg at longer range but weaker in cqc.

Also after some thoughts it feels like those aura changes leave aura too weak but maybe a lower cd would be sufficient.
    nerf teh snippers already...

Quote Originally Posted by ostmustis View Post
    I still want (to try at least) stark to have lower dmg and more range so its same dmg at longer range but weaker in cqc.

Also after some thoughts it feels like those aura changes leave aura too weak but maybe a lower cd would be sufficient.
    Maybe for 1 Aura yeah, but if there is no plan to add merc limit in future, having 2 Auras in a team in 5v5 is just really stupid as it is right now. Potentially 4 stations that the opponent has to deal with before they get new ones off CD

I don't know, would it? I hear everyone complain about Proxy throwing pancakes and shooting them instead using their weapon to shoot the enemy. But yes it would make her weaker, I don't think there is anything to change about her to make her viable at high level play and honestly I don't see the need for that
    well, it is a fact, that she is not viable in high level, that means that she is underpowered.
    so i do not see why she needs any nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Glottis-3D View Post
    well, it is a fact, that she is not viable in high level, that means that she is underpowered.
    so i do not see why she needs any nerf.
    Perhaps, but isn't Proxy the most effective engineer in public play, according to the stats? Making a change like this wouldn't change her effectiveness in competitive play anyway, because Fletcher is superior in every way to her. It would only stop the pancake throwing in public games, I don't mind it personally that much but I know a lot people have complained about it

imo pancake throwing is great on pubs, i love playing it /around it and the crazy chaos it causes

Quote Originally Posted by Szakalot View Post
    imo pancake throwing is great on pubs, i love playing it /around it and the crazy chaos it causes
    So the same as old phantom? It was fun, not op and totally bull****.

Your ideas are for you personal advantage and made mercs become totally useless lfor example: sparks no guns, aura means totally crappy healing without her healing station after starting cooldown, thunder flash grenades reduce=like throwing nothing. Leave things like it should be and don't made mercs more unbalance just because you don't like it. DB mercs are dived in 3 classes: healing (medics), support (engineers) , attackers (assault) so they weapons are different.
    Last edited by Sytry; 12th Apr 2017 at 21:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytry View Post
    Your ideas are for you personal advantage and made mercs become totally useless lfor example: sparks no guns, aura means totally crappy healing without her healing station after starting cooldown, thunder flash grenades reduce=like throwing nothing. Leave things like it should be and don't made mercs more unbalance just because you don't like it. DB mercs are dived in 3 classes: healing (medics), support (engineers) , attackers (assault) so they weapons are different.

please seek help

Quote Originally Posted by averagerussian View Post
    please seek help
    Anonymous troll "averagerussian" use new account just to answer a topic.
    Last edited by Sytry; 15th Apr 2017 at 19:03.

My Sparks idea was not great I have to admit. Why would Aura have crap healing, it would only mean she didn't have potentially x2 stations all the time. I don't know what you mean with Thunder, do you want to leave him as he is?

I can tell you that I'm doing the very opposite than trying to suggest balance changes for my personal preferences. I have close to 3000 hours on steam in this game and I play pretty much everything in this game, so I don't have a reason to do that. I just love the game and want to make it better, and balancing in this game is horrible as it is

My Sparks idea was not great I have to admit. Why would Aura have crap healing, it would only mean she didn't have potentially x2 stations all the time. I don't know what you mean with Thunder, do you want to leave him as he is?

I can tell you that I'm doing the very opposite than trying to suggest balance changes for my personal preferences. I have close to 3000 hours on steam in this game and I play pretty much everything in this game, so I don't have a reason to do that. I just love the game and want to make it better, and balancing in this game is horrible as it is
    Thunder flash reducing to 1 second is almost like taking a photo. I will just leave thunder like his because the devs already nerf him and must players weren't happy. I admit that "personal" in the previous post sound stupid. I understand you want balance but are the players agree with you because the answers in the topics represent 0.01% db players.

Thunder flash reducing to 1 second is almost like taking a photo. I will just leave thunder like his because the devs already nerf him and must players weren't happy. I admit that "personal" in the previous post sound stupid. I understand you want balance but are the players agree with you because the answers in the topics represent 0.01% db players.
    Oh, thank god now we have a guy, who knows what answers represent what amount of players with pretty damn good accuracy, id say...

and I think I know pretty well how the small competitive scene feels about the balancing in Dirty Bomb

I've never heard people complain about the balance *of mercs* in DB. When people complain about balance, it's about the balance of skills.

Plus, you're suggesting only nerfs, to all mercs, what would that change if you nerf everyone?

Personally, I see no problem with the balance of mercs. I hate to play as a lot of them, but the ones I hate, some are using them well.
    I only think that fletcher is a cheat, but at the same time his controls are crap, so I'm not using him, and props to those who can control him. It's pretty much the only merc that I have no chance against, because I'm generally proxy or aura, thus it's instakill for me.
    The only thing I would change to fletcher would be to give him bigger balls. Yeah, it's because those bombs are so small that there's the psychological effect of not being scared enough to avoid them. It simply feels too weird to be instakilled by little antistress balls, I'd make them bigger and scarier.
    But really, fletcher must be the cheat merc, as he's what the most skilled players seem to go for. I wish he was controlled like other mercs, or had his own keybinding maybe, so that I'd use him too.

I only have a problem with rhino+aura combo, but I don't see how that could be fixed, it's more an exploit of the game. Nerfing rhino would suck, rhino alone is already horrible. It's the combo that's a killer, but really, I don't see how to fix it. And it's only a problem in ranked anyway. As 8 vs 8, most likely someone will have a stoker to burn his balls.

To tell you the truth, I think that the mercs (except for thunder and redeye) are pretty good. The problem to me is the credits. It takes WAAAAAAYYYYY to long to get a new merc. I know, I know, I could pay ten bucks for one, but it's just a game, and it isn't made to be a pay-to-win. Also, this only happened to me once, but on Chapel, I was playing against a Sparks that could revive through every single thing on the map. I would kill someone, only for them to pop right back up and kill me in revenge. They need to filter out the people with lvl 100+ playing against lvl 12s. They also should reset the mission cooldown to 1 hr.

Another thing that they should do is have a certain spawn zone that the enemy can't enter or shoot into. That would solve spawn camping.

I can't really say much about ranked, SINCE I QUIT AFTER TWO GAMES BECAUSE OF THE ONE-SIDEDNESS. Anyway...
    Last edited by Mustang; 18th Apr 2017 at 18:01.

and why would you need all the mercs? I have over a million credits, and I don't own half of them. Because half of them suck, to my taste. It's subjective, but I can't imagine anyone loving them all, let alone mastering them all. Also some are good, but are really boring to play.

Quote Originally Posted by RectalTerror View Post
    I've never heard people complain about the balance *of mercs* in DB. When people complain about balance, it's about the balance of skills.
    Really? Because that's all I hear. My point of view is more from 5v5 friendly fire-ON perspective. I've been part of the "competitive community" since forever now and all I hear is complains about how the game is 1. unbalanced as **** (both mercs and weapons) 2. performance of the game sucks, from the veteran players who have been around forever. When you play with these guys who are really good at the game almost daily, you can clearly see what is too strong and what is too bad. Right now snipers and burst rifles are THE biggest problem, even though snipers have been a problem since the start of the game. What do you exactly mean with "balance of skill?"

I mean the balance of skills in each team, that's really what people mean when they say the game is unbalanced - one team is full of noobs, the other has 3 high-lvls and it's baserape for the whole match.
    Do players really tell you about unbalanced mercs, or is it what you assume it's about? I never hear that in game. Other than snipers sucking. But I don't think that snipers need a nerf. While it's annoying to be instakilled by a sniper, I still love them when they are in the *other* team, because they're mostly useless.

If mercs are -really- unbalanced, then some would need buffs, some would need nerf. So why suggest to nerf them all?

I mean the balance of skills in each team, that's really what people mean when they say the game is unbalanced - one team is full of noobs, the other has 3 high-lvls and it's baserape for the whole match.
    Do players really tell you about unbalanced mercs, or is it what you assume it's about? I never hear that in game. Other than snipers sucking. But I don't think that snipers need a nerf. While it's annoying to be instakilled by a sniper, I still love them when they are in the *other* team, because they're mostly useless.

If mercs are -really- unbalanced, then some would need buffs, some would need nerf. So why suggest to nerf them all?
    ...and buff Phoenix!
    Does it feel better now? >:)

You expect that matchmaking is balanced and that problem is being told for so many times in db forum.