Competitive mode unlock rank?

(rosskii) #1

I just played a competitive, im rank 55, and had a guy in my team who had about 30 hours and admitted he was rank 7. This is more than frustrating. These noobies should be learning how the game works before joining competitive games. They probably only playing it because they want the special edition cards. Should there not be an unlock (e.g. at level 10) to enable the competitive mode? If it was me I’d put it at level 20, which would give a sense of progression to the game, which doesnt currently exist. It would give players something to work towards. If this was done a year ago maybe all the high ranked players wouldn’t have quit and DB could have had a massive player base. But when you force pro’s to play with noobs, dont be supprised if they decide not to play anymore. Thats my opinion anyway

(Sawbonez) #2

I agree, although look at the playerbase, it’s small enough as it is, let alone ranked players, let alone ranked players at higher levels. If more people played this game, I would definitely support a min level 20 ranked requirement. But we have to admit Dirty Bomb isn’t very popular so we pull whatever we can from the gutters to have ranked matches running. Speaking of, min level 20 servers are my favourite (I can’t wait to try a min 30 someday) - even when all the players are just playing casually on a min 20, it really does make for a satisfying DB experience, win or lose. It’s amazing when every single player on your team rotates their squad according to team composition, spreads out or groups at objectives, and otherwise hits things when they shoot. Min 10 used to offer the same satisfaction, but now they feel the same as the no-req servers.

(rosskii) #3

yes exactly as you get better you want to remove yourself from the ones learning the game and play more with the ones at your skill & experience level. It didnt take me long to get to rank 20 and by them I’d learned the game. Doing bombs and objectives, giving ammo, healing team mates. If they dont understand how those things help win a game then they shouldnt be in a competitve mode in the first place. - is what I think. But yes the player base isnt huge, so that could be taken into consideration when working out an unlock level. How many competitive players are under rank 10? If an unlock level was put in place should current players be allowed to keep playing competitive and only “new players” get effected by such new restriction? Maybe thats fair? Anyway this is something I hope the devs consider.

(ZGToRRent) #4

That’s the problem with us, not game, ranked is not competititve in any aspect. SD want to bring as many players as possible to ranked which was the worst idea ever, but still, they have different approach to what we want, and what they are doing(as always :>)

(rosskii) #5

UPDATE -

So we went into a comp, there was a cheater who aimbotted. I mean he was on my team so I got a win, but thats not the point. I want a fair game. I insulted him in voicechat pretty hard. At one point I said you will get your account deleted. He said “Oh dear, well I will just go and make another one then wont I”. So he’s right, the game is free so he can just keep coming back to comp. If you put a lvl limit on comp matches he would at least need to spend 2 or 3 days playing to get back in comp.

(Mustang) #6

There is already a level unlock, although an aimbotter could easily farm the needed XP in a much shorter period of time than a regular player anyway.

(Warlord_BD) #7

I would like to point out that most players dont play ranked these days because of noobs learning to play the game in ranked. i reckon they will come back to ranked once they know that only players beyond lvl 20 or 30 (my preference) are allowed to play ranked.