New Dev Video: Custom Crosshairs

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

Custom Crosshairs are coming to Dirty Bomb, with over 97 trillion variants!

Kira Fan Art by Gintoki23: https://twitter.com/Gintoki231
‘There’s a man in black - Dirty Bomb Frag Movie’ by DagaProductions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjulW5ZMLz4

Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DirtyBombGame/
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DirtyBomb

Enjoy!
shoe.

(ImSploosh) #2

Stoker and Thunder fixes? That’s the best news I’ve heard in a while. Stoker has been an almost useless merc as of late considering his molotov seemed to be much weaker than in the past. You were able to run through it with ease! Then there’s Thunder… Personally, I miss the EMP effect and weaker concussion/flash. It’s definitely nice to see that he will get a much needed nerf. The flashing lasts for too long, flash seems to work through walls, and cooldown is too short.

Although I’m happy, there is one thing I’d really like to see more than anything… SELL THOSE “Don’t Be A Dick” T-shirts! I’d wear that shit around my girlfriend because she thinks I play Dirty Bomb too much.

(everlovestruck) #3

Well, I wear nothing around my girlfriend. May this mean something too, whatcha think?

(GatoCommodore) #4

Nerfing Thunder
cuz muh feels
cuz muh Burst Rifles
cuz muh Thunder OP Meme

wow its like Bastion all over again

i sometimes forget Dirty Bomb is not a team based shooter

ps: for the people who dont understand sarcasm, Dirty Bomb IS team based shooter

(Mc1412013) #5
  1. did they figure out that !@#$%^ ev teleprting bug?? it makes repairing while moving around ev a pain in the ass

2. i find phantoms emp cloak very usefull expecialy running up stairs where u cant see the proxy mine till its too late. thunder made too mutch noise so alerting the enemy that you were sneaking in

(Xenithos) #6

[quote=“GatoCommodore;c-224510”]>

PICTURE THINGY
i sometimes forget Dirty Bomb is not a team based shooter[/quote]

To be honest, that’s a fair and decent point. Thunder has to still be played, he just shouldn’t be the only assault played. And the nerfs he’s giving him aren’t going to be extreme, they’re just trying to make him not as dominating as he is currently. People have to learn to counter him just as much, and in team settings, with co-ordinating people, he’s still going to be a frightening 170 hp beast.

But remember friend, Dirty Bomb is also a competitive and skill based team shooter.
Which means, skill and communication are just as important as balancing. :3

(GatoCommodore) #7

inb4 post Thunder Rotation
newbies just bought thunder

[quote=“Xenithos;c-224516”][quote=“GatoCommodore;c-224510”]>

PICTURE THINGY
i sometimes forget Dirty Bomb is not a team based shooter[/quote]

To be honest, that’s a fair and decent point. Thunder has to still be played, he just shouldn’t be the only assault played. And the nerfs he’s giving him aren’t going to be extreme, they’re just trying to make him not as dominating as he is currently. People have to learn to counter him just as much, and in team settings, with co-ordinating people, he’s still going to be a frightening 170 hp beast.

But remember friend, Dirty Bomb is also a competitive and skill based team shooter.
Which means, skill and communication are just as important as balancing. :3[/quote]

but thunder is not the only assault currently being played,

We got Fletcher
We got Fragger
We got Red Eye
and also the favourite choice, Nader.

from my observation, the newbies tends to lean at nader or proxy rather than picking Thunder just because explosive spam.

also,

why nobody is talking about dockyard and the new trinkets?

(everlovestruck) #8

@GatoCommodore
Since when is Redeye an assault? His abilities are based on scouting and his weapons are a sharpshooter’s ones, not an assault’s

Since when is Fletcher an assault? His weak ass weapons are nowhere near at assault’s; and if you’re implying the stickies - we might as well call Proxy an assault merc, besides the mines do much more damage

Stupid logic

(GatoCommodore) #9

[quote=“everlovestruck;c-224527”]@GatoCommodore
Since when is Redeye an assault? His abilities are based on scouting and his weapons are a sharpshooter’s ones, not an assault’s

Since when is Fletcher an assault? His weak ass weapons are nowhere near at assault’s; and if you’re implying the stickies - we might as well call Proxy an assault merc, besides the mines do much more damage

Stupid logic[/quote]

not getting the sarcasm

Red Eye is very viable when played as assault (throw smoke, go into room, lay waste to enemies who cant see you)

Fletcher is faster than Bushwhacker despite having the same HP, Having best Shotgun and a machine pistol in one same loadout.

but wait, proxy have those too!

do proxy have mid-short range grenade that sticks to people and deal 80 damage?
and he got 3 of those.

im not getting the joke, your logic is stupid!

sure…

(n-x) #10

Fletcher does 85 dmg (+15 if stickied). Still not remotely as problematic as Thunder.

(frostyvampire) #11

I’m definitely using the crosshair seen in the first 5 seconds of the video

(everlovestruck) #12

@GatoCommodore said:
Red Eye is very viable when played as assault (throw smoke, go into room, lay waste to enemies who cant see you)

Redeye is perfectly visible when HE and YOU are both inside smoke and that is intentional. If you’re the who “goes assault as Redeye” and wrecks peeps in your response, then you must be playing against pub scrubs.
If you’re the one getting destroyed by Redeye in smoke, well… you get the point

Fletcher is faster than Bushwhacker despite having the same HP, Having best Shotgun and a machine pistol in one same loadout.

Yeh.
Yet again, shotguns are only viable on pubs, because on a slightly more serious scenery you’re never going to dominate using a shotgun. The enemy simply won’t let you close and mow your ass down with ARs, BRs and MGs

but wait, proxy have those too!

Proxy is a wasted slot in ranked. Still, if your observations are made on the impressions from pubs - I got nothing agsinst ya’; yet keep in mind that we’re talking serious play there.

do proxy have mid-short range grenade that sticks to people and deal 80 damage? and he got 3 of those.
Proxy has 2 pancakes which deal way more damage than stickies, and she doesn’t even have to stick em - just a shot is enough to catch a crowd in a large blast (also larger than stickies)

im not getting the joke, your logic is stupid!
sure…

First it was sarcasm, now it’s a joke. Add your annoying memes and you get yourself an annoying edgy attention seeker. I don’t tolerate this behaviour and that’s why I took your response seriously.

(GatoCommodore) #13

@everlovestruck

Didnt know Fletcher (when no bugs), RedEye and Fragger is Great Pick in Competitive.
Didnt know people dont use proxy is because her mine range and predictability
Didnt know Fletcher is better pick since he can fling grenade at enemy 3 times
Didnt know Fletcher main weapon is the Stickies
getting mildly upset if forum is edgy

wew
if i want to be attention seeker i wouldnt change my steam name every 10 match.

(everlovestruck) #14

[quote=“GatoCommodore;c-224536”]@everlovestruck

Didnt know Fletcher (when no bugs), RedEye and Fragger is Great Pick in Competitive.
Didnt know people dont use proxy is because her mine range and predictability
Didnt know Fletcher is better pick since he can fling grenade at enemy 3 times
getting mildly upset if forum is edgy

wew
if i want to be attention seeker i wouldnt change my steam name every 10 match.[/quote]

I have trouble understanding you, and I’m not talking comprehension, but rather grammar
The forums don’t get edgy, it’s just that 1 kid that shows up from time to time (like Jesus, sereneFlight and plenty of others, just one at a time) and then gets banned

Nvm I see what you meant, but still don’t understand how you misinterpreted my words

I proved you that assault mercs are better at being assault than Redeye, Fletcher and Proxy. Why the fuck are you saying that I find Redeye, Fletcher and Fragger unviable in Ranked?
People don’t use Proxy in higher ranks because of her weapons, and only then because of her being a defensive engineer

This got me cracking. I said that his weapons are weak, I didn’t tell a shit about abilities
I even told you earlier that his main weapon is stickies:
http://i.imgur.com/fjUUKI4.png
To which you replied “omg lol he’s got shotguns and automatic secondary he’s the fucking god”
http://i.imgur.com/oLyGVzX.png

first you say one thing, then the opposite
get your shit straight

(GatoCommodore) #15

@everlovestruck
the thing is with fletcher
none of his arsenal are unreliable.

did i say fletcher loadout weak?
must have been said it tho…
i mean how else you come to the conclusion that i said fletcher primary is weak

(neverplayseriou) #16

“none of his arsenal is unreliable”
:smiley: yea rng blishlok, shotguns and revolvers aren’t unreliable at all, oh wait they all got random spread or you need to get lucky and hope your shotgun pellets decently hits an enemy…

and @everlovestruck grandeur redeye will beat fragger easily.

(DankBeretField) #17

@GatoCommodore and @everlovestruck , I need you two motherfckers stop being a btch.

Stop. Fighting. Because you just derailed this thread into a cock-measuring contest.

Oh, by the way, Gato, Dirty Bomb IS a team based shooter.

(TheStrangerous) #18

Wouldn’t it be better to combine trinket event with the release of Dockyard, since they’re themed after that map?

(GatoCommodore) #19

[quote=“DankBeretField;c-224630”]@GatoCommodore and @everlovestruck , I need you two motherfckers stop being a btch.

Stop. Fighting. Because you just derailed this thread into a @$!#-measuring contest.

Oh, by the way, Gato, Dirty Bomb IS a team based shooter.[/quote]

(Ardez1) #20

Good changes.