Arty bugged??

(Kradser) #1

Hi all

I wanted to know if it is ment to be so that Arty can no longer damage generators. ramps and brigdes build by the oponent? It seems a bit weird wince Kira is still able to theese things, but when I place artillery strike on theeses objects it makes no damage at all.

(Kradser) #2

I guess people are just reading this and no one in SD is paying attention, makes me think if it is worth posting in here

(Mustang) #3

As far as I know neither Arty nor Kira have ever been able to damage ramps and bridges (I guess you mean the final objective on Chapel here, but you are meant to destroy the generator, not the bridge).

With regards to generators I believe they both can damage them, but it doesn’t effect me enough at the moment to bother testing for myself.

It’s worth noting that although the generators are all meant to behave the same they are currently setup on a per map basis, so if you find out that is bugged it might be just that one and not them all.

Also whilst mentioning generators I believe there are two sizes of generators (red and yellow perhaps?) with the difference being their health pool.

(Kradser) #4

On chapel you can build a ramp to a mg platform at the opposite end of the church, as an arty you used to be able to destroy that ramp with artillery fire, and also the generator for the bridge at the also objective on chapel, that is no longer possible with Arty’s artillery. The same goes for both generators on Trainyard, they can no longer be harmed by Artys artillery, but all of them can still be damaged and destroyed by Kira’s Orbital Lazer.

This is not a matter of size, colour or healthpool of the generators, the fact is that Arty’s artillery makes no damage to theese mentioned targets at all, which was something that you could damage before, so hence my question about Arty being bugged.

And saying that it is worth nothing, that is not how I see it, since on a map like Trasinyard you can save time and make the game easier for your team, if you do not have to wait for C4 to blow up these generators.

Last but not least, I am sorry for wasting your time with this post, since it seems that it was to much to bother you with a bug in the game, still it suprices me that you could take your time to answer me, which would be about the same time as it would take testing it, but I see that you are not bothered about this, which just leaves me with no answer and time wasted on even bringing this up. It will not happen again.

(Mustang) #5

Does indeed sound like it’s broken then.

What I meant is that it’s not a tactic I personally use, so it doesn’t bother me either way, not that it’s an invalid thing to do.

That’s your prerogative. You reported the issue, I’ll leave it for the devs to test. It surprises me that you moan about no-one replying to your thread, then you moan that I didn’t give the right response, can’t win I guess.

(AssortedStuff) #6

[QUOTE=Kradser;563117]…
Last but not least, I am sorry for wasting your time with this post, since it seems that it was to much to bother you with a bug in the game, still it suprices me that you could take your time to answer me…[/QUOTE]

Hi Kradser. You’re not wasting anyone’s time here. Your input is valid and we appreciate your contribution.
Although there might be some interaction between forum users in this section you should consider the “Bugs” section more like a place where you report issues. Also because some bugs can be experienced by some users and not by others.
The “General Discussion and Feedback” section is where you’ll get the interaction and feedback you are looking for. Where people will ‘talk’ about everything related to the game.

I’d like to welcome you to the forum and thank you for taking the time to contribute.

(Mustang) #7

This is the “bugs” section you tit!

(alphabeta) #8

With the last update there has definitely been a change in damage done by artillery and airstrikes. One airstrike from Skyhammer would open either gate on Dome previously. But not now; needs 2. I suspect same deal for Arty.

(Kradser) #9

[QUOTE=Mustang;563107]
With regards to generators I believe they both can damage them, but it doesn’t effect me enough at the moment to bother testing for myself.

It’s worth noting that although the generators are all meant to behave the same they are currently setup on a per map basis, so if you find out that is bugged it might be just that one and not them all.[/QUOTE]

It was the arrogant writing in the answer that triggered me to my answer, especially coming from a founder, and since this is my first thread made in here, I was amazed at the standard of the answer.

(Nail) #10

“It was the arrogant writing in the answer that triggered me”

this is no place for full time victims

(Szakalot) #11

im amazed as well, but by something completely different

(AssortedStuff) #12

Chill your tits.
Perhaps I should have phrased it in a simpler way, maybe in the lines of “…consider THIS section more like a place for reporting and not so much for interacting”.
Out drinking before moderating?

(Kradser) #13

Well enough about all the biggering, dos not really get any of us anywhere, I hope that you will look into this bug, and I wish you all a good day.