Minimum level for ranked?

(NDPlaying) #1

Don’t you guys hate it when you join a ranked game and you’re matched with/against level 1 players who don’t care about ranking up? Like seriously, can the guys at splash damage make it so there is a minimum level of 5 or 10? Thank you.

(bontsa) #2

Ranked requirement is level 7.

(AssortedStuff) #3

Could at least be double that.
Just been in a match (I queued solo) were 1 player from my team couldn’t even move properly and didn’t know the map, even on a basic level. (I spectated him when I was dead). It was very hard to believe this guy was at least a level 7.
It wouldn’t do any harm if they also had to complete the tutorial and/or the Assault Course successfully.

(Nervous_Energy) #4

Agreed 15 should be the min or better still allow the lower levels to furtle around in there own ranking games.

Still I do not know the metrics of actual players playing above lvl 15 tbh, so it might make the wait longer.

(Sytry) #5

[QUOTE=Nervous_Energy;562634]Agreed 15 should be the min or better still allow the lower levels to furtle around in there own ranking games.

Still I do not know the metrics of actual players playing above lvl 15 tbh, so it might make the wait longer.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the hours they spend on DB and you they tactics and teamplay I can say must players in ranked are between lvl 7-lvl 40. Ranked playerpool is having 90% lvl 7- lvl 14 and 10% lvl 15 and above. You got more change to lost then win a ranked matchmaking depend on the rush hours when you play ranked.

(Dysfnal) #6

Whoa whoa whoa. Think about this for a second. Every time someone loses, someone else wins, so you have the same chance of being on a good team vs a bad team, assuming you have average skill. A person with higher skill will have a higher chance of winning, as they’ll have a higher chance of being on the better team. The opposite is true of a low skill player.

(Sytry) #7

Sorry, Is like roulette and you have more change to win/lost if get a team that don’t know teamplay. A person with high skills don’t give 100% win change if you expect he/she need to carry the entire team and while op team know teamplay and tactics still win against a “skilled” player.

(Prokul) #8

I think they should implement matchmaking settings.
I would agree to wait a bit instead of constantly getting matched up with players with default cards.
Also for the love of god please remove credits bonus for the ranked. I feel like that yellow sign on the button works like a bait for new players, after getting stomped in normal games to level 7 they may think “great, finally I can start to farm credits to buy all mercs an op cards”. Why would someone play ranked specifically for credits?

(Sytry) #9

[QUOTE=Prokul;562880]I think they should implement matchmaking settings.
I would agree to wait a bit instead of constantly getting matched up with players with default cards.
Also for the love of god please remove credits bonus for the ranked. I feel like that yellow sign on the button works like a bait for new players, after getting stomped in normal games to level 7 they may think “great, finally I can start to farm credits to buy all mercs an op cards”. Why would someone play ranked specifically for credits?[/QUOTE]

If db announce special loadout everyone want it and that what you create a pool of noobs that don’t know teamplay and mercs. They think ranked is same as casual.

(Cgz27) #10

I think 15 is probably too high after seeing comparisons and opinions based on hours played. perhaps somewhere from level 9-12? I thought level 10 was a nice number. ALthough there’s a chance the requirement is like this right now is because developers felt the player base might have been too small, which makes sense.10 is pretty quick to get to, and damn guys you don’t have to be an addict to get there. A week or two seems reasonable if you play quite a bit, maybe a month if you don’t play often. Ranked should be as competitive as possible in the first place and be for players with a drive. They should have to have put in the effort, Many players still had much to learn even after level 10 or 30 even).

(Cgz27) #11

Pretty much lol.

That’s probably what they planned to happen to be honest.

At least, we have ranked while we wait another eternity for Turtle/Dockyard : )