Leavers in Ranked

(JonBongNoJovi) #1

So out of 10 games i would say i have had at least 5 with people leaving , this is getting beyond a joke , how can you actually gain rank when your always out numbered , how does ranked take into account the fact your 4v5 ??

Would be nice to see a “Sportmanship” bond being paid to join the game which is then refunded if you play the entire match , say 2500 credits (5000 is better imo ) , maybe then people would play to the end win lose or draw instead of unbalancing teams.

same happened last season majority of losses were 1 sided games , punish leavers where it hurts there bank balance i say

(ASD) #2

if you leave you get a penalty…

(Mustang) #3

Haven’t had a single leaver in my 14 games so far.

People that don’t click “Accept” however…

(shibbyuk) #4

Luck of the draw I guess. I’ve had just 3 matches and all 3 had quitters. I guess the OP would like to know - do you effectively get penalised when one of your teammates quits. Is it fair to down-rank when you lose 3v5?

(potty200) #5

[QUOTE=Mustang;562477]Haven’t had a single leaver in my 14 games so far.

People that don’t click “Accept” however…[/QUOTE]

They need a penalty aswell ffs, I am stuck going in and out of finding games right now :X

(AssortedStuff) #6

Unfortunately my experience of Ranked hasn’t been the best.
It is very frequent to encounter ‘leavers’ when I queue as a solo player.
(Not because of my skill, I’m unfortunately very average :frowning: )

(Sytry) #7

[QUOTE=JonBongNoJovi;562462]So out of 10 games i would say i have had at least 5 with people leaving , this is getting beyond a joke , how can you actually gain rank when your always out numbered , how does ranked take into account the fact your 4v5 ??

Would be nice to see a “Sportmanship” bond being paid to join the game which is then refunded if you play the entire match , say 2500 credits (5000 is better imo ) , maybe then people would play to the end win lose or draw instead of unbalancing teams.

same happened last season majority of losses were 1 sided games , punish leavers where it hurts there bank balance i say[/QUOTE]

They should replace the leavers with bots otherwise is no balance and not fun I got 3vs5 .

(Nail) #8

no bots ever :mad:

(Dysfnal) #9

Just as often as people leave on your team, people probably leave on the other team. It’s a matter of statistics. Assuming, actually, that you never leave, your team has 4 potential leavers vs the enemy’s 5. So the odds are actually in your favor.

(DarkangelUK) #10

It’s not a DB issue per se but just games in general that don’t like to stick around for a loss when they’ll get it anyway. I played my OW placement matches at the same time as DB’s and I got more leavers in OW than I did in DB. I suspect though that penalties will help a little bit and only against consecutive leavers, some people are like “ok last game before bed… oh we’re getting creamed well i’m just away now then”

(Cgz27) #11

Just gotta accept it bruh, it really can just be bad luck for everyone here on both sides.

That’s why its very important to remember to just have fun playing rather than thinking about losing.

If there was a stat for confirming losses that were the actual result of a leaver that could be posted to our profile it would be nice as confirmation rather than feeling like it was an actual loss. We could also show others that this was the case too. Another cool idea, a chance for the enemy team to vote to give “mercy” (+5 ranked points to the team of 4)

(Lucindious) #12

Start banning them, 12hr first offense, 24hr next offense and just keep raising it from there. imo

(BomBaKlaK) #13

And the point is : If it’s a bug ? you still have a 12h ban ?
Cause bug and deconnections occured to many times, and I already got a ban of half an hour without doing anything after a match.
So yeah make something but be careful !

(K1X455) #14

What about those that deliberately go AFK to throw the game off?

(Szakalot) #15

kick em, they’ll get a significant penalty.