config reset

(ASD) #1

Hi,

will it sometimes be possible to not reset all configs witht he updates? this is somehow annoying
especialy if I recognized it after joining a match and now get a penalty because I need to exit to fix my controls…

Regards
ASD

(Nail) #2

do you not keep a copy of your config and reload it after every update like everyone else ?

(Mustang) #3

Not the point, it’s still a thing that should probably have been addressed by now.

(eitsch0r) #4

[QUOTE=ASD;562424]will it sometimes be possible to not reset all configs witht he updates?
Regards
ASD[/QUOTE]
i’d second that … hey, i’d even third or fourth it!

What would your guesstimation of promillage (that isn’t a word, is it?) of playerbase be? (Those that actually save config) :o

Oh … wait … it is that time of the year again? Let me draw upon memories … i think there was something … something with binds … and a meme. Ahh, here it is. Manage Attachements does not forget \o/ But let’s be fair … it was only slightly over half a year ago :smiley:

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/53779-Binds-****ed-up-once-again?p=555668#post555668

(DarkangelUK) #5

It’s an engine problem, most UE3 games do it (Paladins does the same with a big update), my assumption is that its pretty bloody hard for developers to fix… Epic would need to be the ones that address it.

(eitsch0r) #6

shakes.fist.at.UE3 screw you, UE3! naughty boy!

and thanks for the info, Darkangel. havent experienced it with paladins, yet. but maybe that is just because they chose usable defaults? just kiddin’

(Nail) #7

ya, I thought that was mentioned quite a while ago