EAC doesn't allow Logitech key mapping?

So this game (and Paladins, on same engine) both seem to honor the "feature" of shift modifiers. I've suggested in the past to disable this but it seems to still be a thing in DB. Because of this (and the fact I use arrow keys because I aim with my left hand), I'm unable to do long jumps the normal way so I bind an extra button on the side of my mouse to press a key and bind that key in-game to longjump.

It seems that I can't get my mouse to press that key in DB now.

Explanation of keys: I use SHIFT for sprint, NUMPADDECIMAL for crouch and DELETE for reload. If I'm using the sprint key while using the crouch key it makes my gun reload. Other various actions involving sprint also cause these issues because the SHIFT key temporarily disables NumLock.

In addition, I normally bind Q and E to my scrollwheel tilt and this isn't working either. That means I can't even use abilities. It would be nice if this game would remain playable for left-hand aimers.

Last edited by sneak; 28th Feb 2017 at 01:53.

Re: EAC doesn't allow Logitech key mapping?

Have you posted this issue in the EAC\Steam forum?

I got similar functions with my Roccat Tyon Mouse and SteelSeries Keyboard

Nope, I haven't. I figure SD has some control over what EAC does. I don't have this issue in Smite or Paladins which both use unreal3 and EAC.

Also, not sure why Steam would take any responsibility for this and in general they seem to not really care much about support.

I have issue with EAC causing out of bounds error checking. They're scanning areas of memory reserved by ESET (anti-virus, anti-malware, home security software etc).

Haven't had one since I posted to their forum, but the micro-freezes are now more frequent and longer in duration.

Not to mention... DPC stacking that's been on since SSIII...

This is intermittent for me, sometimes I need to rebind the key in game (I use the extra thumb key for push-to-talk which is mapped to -numpad and it just outright doesn't work a lot of the time). One game while pressing sprint then overlapping near the player with revive and crouch at the same time it kept my paddles held on charge, it wouldn't let them go. Another game last night however my mouse got completely disabled by the game, I had to reboot my machine completely. I honestly thought my mouse was on its way out (same mouse as you) but yes, this is all since EAC went in.

Shaolin Productions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkangelUK View Post
    This is intermittent for me, sometimes I need to rebind the key in game (I use the extra thumb key for push-to-talk which is mapped to -numpad and it just outright doesn't work a lot of the time). One game while pressing sprint then overlapping near the player with revive and crouch at the same time it kept my paddles held on charge, it wouldn't let them go. Another game last night however my mouse got completely disabled by the game, I had to reboot my machine completely. I honestly thought my mouse was on its way out (same mouse as you) but yes, this is all since EAC went in.
    Ah, I have had the paddle bugs many times over the time I used to play DB regularly. It seems to be just another bug from a long list. The button I'm trying to bind is the one on the very bottom (bound to Num 1 in image) and this button isn't recognized by DB so I can't bind it directly.

Is it unlikely to get any official response, even on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Ah, I have had the paddle bugs many times over the time I used to play DB regularly. It seems to be just another bug from a long list. The button I'm trying to bind is the one on the very bottom (bound to Num 1 in image) and this button isn't recognized by DB so I can't bind it directly.

Is it unlikely to get any official response, even on these forums?
    Yes DB doesn't recognize that button so I've used the mouse software to map it to minus (-) on my keyboards number pad. I had that problem with other games I'm sure which is what prompted me to map it to a keyboard key so I could use it.

Shaolin Productions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkangelUK View Post
    Yes DB doesn't recognize that button so I've used the mouse software to map it to minus (-) on my keyboards number pad. I had that problem with other games I'm sure which is what prompted me to map it to a keyboard key so I could use it.
    To be clear, you're saying that if I use a different key besides NumPadOne bound to my additional g502 mouse button, it will work?

And what about the abilities? I can only really put them on the side tilt of scroll wheel.. if the above is true then that means Q and E cannot be bound?

I never had these issues in any other game.

I have Q and E bound to mouse buttons 4 and 5, works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSparkle View Post
    and every time Nail comes in and ruins it

Quote Originally Posted by Nail View Post
    I have Q and E bound to mouse buttons 4 and 5, works fine
    DB natively supports mouse4/mouse5 and I can't really press mouse5 (I use my left hand on a right-handed mouse) and already have mouse4 bound to something else.

The ONLY option suitable is to do it the way I've done it during the 1100+ hours I've played.

I'm guessing you're the Nail from ET.

an odd title, but yes, I'm Nail from www.enemy-territory
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSparkle View Post
    and every time Nail comes in and ruins it

Quote Originally Posted by Nail View Post
    an odd title, but yes, I'm Nail from www.enemy-territory
    It's like a game you think cannot be replaced but don't wish to return to it, especially in the current state

Any comments from Splash Damage on this one?

so it's gonna be like the objective drop and the bad spawntimes i guess....

Most Recent Awards:

I have a somewhat different issue with DB, Logitech mouseware and G502. From time to time (once a day or so) suddenly the game would set the logitech Default Profile (which is used in windows desktop) as persistent. This would instantly disable the gaming profile and I would lose any bindings and settings of my mouse in-game. I haven't been able to find out what or which combinations of keypresses cause this, it seems random. I have to alt-tab and manually remove "persistent" tick from the box of Default profile each time that happens.

Can there be a similar cause as for issues above? No other game will do that to my mouse. Anyone also having this issue?
    Win7/i7-6700K/NoctuaNH-D14/G.Skill-4x4GB-DDR4-3200/MSI-GTX980Ti-Gaming-6G/Asus-z97-RoG-MaximusVIII-Ranger/Corsair550D/2xSamsungSSD/WD-green-HDD/G502/G510/BENQXL2411T