Hacker video/report

(Cerzi) #1

Figured I’d start recording the obvious hackers because there seem to be a lot of them lately. What I don’t get is how they often seem to have cobalt cards, and aren’t on completely fresh accounts. Surely obvious hacks like this should see accounts permanently deleted long before they make it to level 5?

I guess it’s more likely that the account is stolen, but might want to just check there’s no sploits going on with card crafting or opening boxes (seems unlikely unless there’s some major flaw in the server code tho)

(Lucindious) #2

Caught him in a different game. Same person.

This is my recording, nothing obvious until around 3 mins.

(Lucindious) #3

Funny how I thought this was the game I was just in and it wasn’t LOL

(DrDacreamer) #4

The best anit-cheats like VAC and whatever Blizzard has will scan your actual hardware and both ultimately the best anti-cheats I know of. 600ish hours in TF2 and only ever ran into one hacker. With Overwatch, not sure how many hours, but with a extremely healthy amount of play time and I have not seen one. I do not know what easy anti-cheat does, but it can’t be scanning hardware with amount of hackers you can find in DB.

I find it funny how it seems others are not following the examples set by Valve and Blizzard

(light_sh4v0r) #5

Scanning hardware? What?
Like tracking raw mouse input and comparing it to ingame movement or something? (which sounds like a reasonable idea, coincidentally)
Hardware hacks don’t exist, unless you count taping a crosshair to your screen as hacking. And you can’t scan for that.

I’m guessing you mean banning people based on their hardware profile, which requires hackers to be detected in the first place.

(Mustang) #6

Possibly true, but I don’t really agree because even if no-one is doing it already it wouldn’t exactly be hard.

(Nail) #7

a hardware hack would be someone playing for you, everything else is software

(AssortedStuff) #8

Nail, what’s your rank? Play as me please, in my account, I’ll give you 50 cents. (tempting, I know)

(Nail) #9

bronze recruit